It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never ever again... NEVER...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Lagomorphe

It's a shart.

Gotta love family

Thanks mate; I had forgotten that one (been in France too long and cannot get hold of an updated version of Rogers Profanisaurus.)

Funnily enough I was reading my old version in the bog this morning!

Warmest

Lags
edit on 21-2-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Cut my upper tendon in my thumb with a Stanley knife , with all the luck in the world it still works for 90 % but took a good 3 months of my life and not a day goes by that i feel the wound.

but all in all it was a big life lesson for me.

But never again please

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
Cut my upper tendon in my thumb with a Stanley knife , with all the luck in the world it still works for 90 % but took a good 3 months of my life and not a day goes by that i feel the wound.

but all in all it was a big life lesson for me.

But never again please

Ouch... Bet that hurt?

Funnily enough (and already posted somewhere here on ATS), on the 6th of January this year I was fooling around with my 17 year old son teaching him some wrestling moves.

I was thinking that I was doing pretty well at my ripe age of 50 and decided to get him in a headlock.

Only to discover that my son learns pretty quickly as I spun over his shoulder and landed hard on the floor with a sickening thud.

Result : One broken right fibula and my leg in a cast...! Cast comes off this Friday...

You can see a picture of it at the below link :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

WOW! It looked just like that, extremely bright flash...

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm allergic to strawberries. I can eat strawberry flavored food if it's all artificially flavored, but the real berry makes me break out in hives and itch like a dog with fleas. I always read the label on a food product to make sure of what's in it.

Anyway, years ago, I bought a bottle of what I thought was strawberry scented body wash. It wasn't until after I used it (and broke out in hives so bad that I had to get cortizone pills from the doctor), that I read the label and found it contained genuine strawberry. The upshot of that particular incident was that I was working as a bookkeeper, a person from corporate was there for the annual audit, so I was stuck working and couldn't call in no matter how bad it got.

Once bitten, twice shy. I stay far, far away from strawberries now.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
All fun-n-games until the cops get called.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

punishment by humiliation is considered cruel and unusual punishment, and is illegal, it is abuse.

i get that you take it light heartedly, and hold no grudge, thats good that you can accept what happened to you in stride,

but you will never know what your life would have been like had the event not occurred. no way to know what ways it changed your life, by altering the way all of your school peers saw you, judged you, laughed at you....
edit on 21-2-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Don't ever come between a woman and their chocolate. Great story.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I am insanely allergic to chigger bites.

So my high school ex's dad worked for a company that had a private park out in the country, and the employees were allowed to just go out there if they wanted.

Ex's dad used to take a bunch of us out there on nice weather weekend nights to play flashlight tag games. It kept us busy and out of the usual trouble a pack of bored teens can get up to.

At any rate, this particular game was a variation on capture the flag. We had to get across the park in the dark with the last bit being a mown field with a row of large haybales spaced across it. They were patrolling it with flashlights and we had to get over the fence to win. Friend and I spent at least an hour, maybe longer, crawling slowly and painstakingly across that mown grass on our stomachs. They easily caught everyone else and gave up on us.

We did get across, but only after they had called the game having given up on us never realizing we were pretty literally right underfoot the whole time.

At any rate, the next day ... I was covered, covered in chigger bites! Head to toe. I was thoroughly miserable and had to sit for standardized tests at school that week.

It was the most horribly miserable thing ever because if you know anything about chiggers, they crawl along until an elastic band stops them. Then they bite and the bite creates a large, insanely itchy welt. So all your waistbands and straps and everything else, often on your undergarments are lined with chigger bites and they move back and forth across them irritating them all. day. long.

Soooo awful.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Heh, heh...lots and LOTS of "never again" stories!! (Note: this one also contains some words of wisdom for others too)

One of the more recent ones was about 10 years ago. My wife and I decided to join the rec center in town to start working out and getting in shape. ... (There's always a good tale when a story starts out like this, right??) Heh...

So anyway, for the first few days we did the usual weight lifting and treadmill stuff. About that time I read some article about the benefits of including swimming in your regimen, so I thought what the heck, I'll do some swimming too.

As a certified commercial diver (in a previous job life) and advanced rescue diver, I'm as at home in the water as on land, so that was going to be no issue. Off to the pool I went. The swimming was great and it felt great to be in the water again. The pool though was a public pool and as such the water was highly chlorinated and it kind of irritated my eyes. So that night I went down to the sporting goods store and bought a pair of swim goggles. This should fix the problem I thought!

Next time I was at the pool I used the goggles and they worked out awesome! Problem solved. After coming home that morning the area around my eyes started to itch, then itch some more...then they began to ITCH LIKE NOTHING HAS EVER ITCHED IN MY LIFE!!! HOLE...EEEE...S#!!!! It was unbearable!!!!! Then my eyes started to swell shut. The itching was so bad the thought of gouging my eyes out seemed preferable to this misery!

I guess it was right about this time I remembered that in my mid-30's I had developed a mild allergy to neoprene. I had a knee brace made of the stuff and I'd get hives every time I wore it. Well, I'd forgotten about this seemingly minor detail.

One look at the swim goggles confirmed my fear. The seal around the eye pieces was pure neoprene, and I was having a SEVERE allergic reaction to it. As it got worse it was no longer a laughing matter, and I was off to the ER (driven by my wife because both eyes were swollen completely shut by now).

At the ER I would learn a couple things (here's the words of wisdom part). Here were some things I learned...
1. Not all neoprene is manufactured same. Much of it today is made from an incomplete chemical process.
2. The demand from the medical industry on neoprene causes manufacturers of the stuff to rush the process (causing the incomplete reaction noted above). This is done to save costs (go figure, right).
3. One of the chemicals used in the process for making neoprene is hydrochloric acid and chlorine.
4. The combination of the neoprene, my allergy to it and the chlorine in the water...leached out whatever the allergen is I am highly allergic to and concentrated it around the area where the neoprene was touching my skin (i.e. my eyes)

Great, just great!! After a couple steroid shots and some other treatments I could finally open my eyes just a tiny bit. The face that stared back at me in the mirror was horrifying! I looked like a giant red raccoon with these huge red rings around both eyes!! I looked like a complete idiot...and felt like one too! I wound up taking several days off from work and couldn't go out in public looking like that. Even after the swelling went down, the rings hung around for about a week or so just to further humiliate me. And man, let me tell ya, boy did some of my work buddies get some mileage out of that at my expense! "Here comes Robby the Raccoon!" (ad infinitim)

Moral of the story: Never try to get in shape! It's totally not worth it! LOLOL!!!
(bet ya' didn't see that one comin', did ya?)

Never again!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Haha... I remember those Ex Lax chocolates!

The memory of mine that came to mind was when I was little and like you, found a chocolate bar in a cupboard, ripped it open, took a big bite.... and it was AWFUL!

Turned out it was Hashish.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

ewwweeeeeee... What's a Chigger? A harvest mite?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

but you will never know what your life would have been like had the event not occurred. no way to know what ways it changed your life, by altering the way all of your school peers saw you, judged you, laughed at you....

Tis but water long gone under the bridge NN...

I don't think I was affected that much... *Twitches eyes nervously and cracks neck*

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Moral of the story: Never try to get in shape! It's totally not worth it! LOLOL!!!
(bet ya' didn't see that one comin', did ya?)

Never again!!!

Moral of the story : NEVER purchase Chinese goggles

Thanks for that story FKD

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Haha... I remember those Ex Lax chocolates!

The memory of mine that came to mind was when I was little and like you, found a chocolate bar in a cupboard, ripped it open, took a big bite.... and it was AWFUL!

Turned out it was Hashish.

ooOOOOOOOOOO... Glad you didn't finish the bar off! That would have been a fun anecdote to share with the grandkids...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I have a story but it has nothing to do with my name here. The name came from a lack of sobriety and frustration that all my previous names were taken.I'll PM the story to you. The mods wouldn't like it.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

You know it lol.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I have a story but it has nothing to do with my name here. The name came from a lack of sobriety and frustration that all my previous names were taken.I'll PM the story to you. The mods wouldn't like it.

Thanks SM I read your story

Warmest

Lags

top topics

<< 1   >>

join