It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet-Regulating FEC Commissioner to Resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
A frustrated member of the Federal Election Commission is apparently quitting.

Somebody even put up her resignation letter on Twitter.

This FEC member was pretty vocal about "the internet's" role in election influencing.

Looks like she decided to go "underground" after failing a transparent effort.

A Democratic Federal Election Commission official who pushed to regulate the internet and has been absent from public meetings for months is resigning, according to an announcement.

Ann Ravel, who wanted to regulate political speech on the internet from websites such as the Drudge Report, announced Sunday that she is stepping down from her post.

“It’s been an honor to serve the FEC. I’m committed to transparency – here’s my resignation letter to Donald Trump,” Ravel tweeted on Sunday morning.

2nd opinion:
Democratic Member to Quit Election Commission, Setting Up Political Fight

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Another "deep state operative" taken out by Mr. T.

THIS IS GETTING EXCITING!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It's like rats ... and a burning ship.

I think the tally was something like 1000 elected seats lost during the last election. It is nowhere near the reflection of what is occurring at all levels.

To quote Jack Nicholson's character from the movie As Good As It Gets ... "Good times. Noodle Salad!!"

Ahhhhahahahahaha!!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
It's like rats ... and a burning ship.

I think the tally was something like 1000 elected seats lost during the last election. It is nowhere near the reflection of what is occurring at all levels.

To quote Jack Nicholson's character from the movie As Good As It Gets ... "Good times. Noodle Salad!!"

Ahhhhahahahahaha!!

Yep if you will not play my way with my rules I am going to take the ball and go home. I would not even wave goodbye to her.. It is kinda like the union and air traffic control during the Regan days; they taught management a real lesson by losing all their jobs ..

Over the last several years the globalist have had time to install their patsy team players... It will take some effort and time to prune the head of the multi headed hydra... when all the talk of going after Drudge and others started you had to wonder who was dreaming up this crap and not even hinting at the likes of CNN. (answer is deep state sponsorship).. Weird sick agenda world we live in...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
i certainly hope she resigned in person or something. The "heres my resignation letter", sent out over Twitter, leads me to believe otherwise, and has caused my eye to start twitching as a new headache comes on.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
According to this news, even before she was spotty at best,
so no real loss here. Thankfully she wont bother Drudge Report
now, good news there.

Ravel has also been a no-show from FEC public meetings in recent months, phoning it in from California after being passed up for the attorney general spot in the state. During one meeting, Ravel seemed so distant that the Democratic chair of the commission asked if she was awake.

Despite Ravel’s absence from the meetings, she attempted to call for a special meeting that would allow a vote on whether or not she could attend a foreign-funded junket to Ecuador to observe their elections. freebeacon.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

We've needed election financing reform for some time. Trump is not interested in it, however.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's nice to see garbage that flushes itself down the drain so no one else has to do it for a change.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It sounds like a good resignation, apparently, she stopped attending meetings and when she did, through teleconferencing, she seemed distant. Also, it is good to get someone out of there who wants to regulate free speech so much on the internet.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

This FEC member was pretty vocal about "the internet's" role in election influencing.

Looks like she decided to go "underground" after failing a transparent effort.

A Democratic Federal Election Commission official who pushed to regulate the internet and has been absent from public meetings for months is resigning, according to an announcement.

Ann Ravel, who wanted to regulate political speech on the internet from websites such as the Drudge Report, announced Sunday that she is stepping down from her post.

“It’s been an honor to serve the FEC. I’m committed to transparency – here’s my resignation letter to Donald Trump,” Ravel tweeted on Sunday morning.

2nd opinion:
Democratic Member to Quit Election Commission, Setting Up Political Fight

So unlike Trump she actually tried to suppress free speech in media, well only the conservative ones so that's ok right?

Liberals project way too much.

Watch people like this people ATS and other sites like this are on their hit list just as much if not more than the news sites.
edit on 9821728America/Chicago02America/Chicago285 by Byteme285 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9831728America/Chicago02America/Chicago285 by Byteme285 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join