It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Finally Bought My Metal Detector !!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yes, I finally got it ! Always wanted to have one but didn't want to spend too much money. So today I found a good deal. A Pioneer 202. I've been checking reviews and prices for a while and got it for 104 bucks, including 2 years warranty. Not the first time I use a metal detector but I'm a beginner.

I'm in NJ. Calling all treasure hunters and metal detector gurus for advices and tips.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I have a old metal detector, a real cheap treasure finder or something.

I used to take it to a parking area (grass) where lots of people park to go to concerts and fairs.

I founds some silver coins and tons of PBR cans. I love metal detecting and am gong to look up your rig when I stop typing.

Congrats, is this going to interfere with your ATS time?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I thought you were talking about the ones you walk through, I thought to myself "now why would anyone want that", silly me.

I don't know much about treasure hunting but I'd guess beaches and parks are a great place to start.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Nice, good for you, i have found a ton of junk, but a few pieces of gold and viking stuff too,

My hopes are, that i would find a sword someday.

Oh, and my advice, head to the woods, you find weird stuff from there.
edit on 19-2-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

cool, find anything?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Thanks, actually I will probably show ATS what I find.

I'll pick it up in store this Wednesday, I just can't wait !!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

And one more thing, if you are in the forest or hills or fields, never leave an iron signal unchecked. it could be OOOOLD.

Just dig everything up, and take the garbage where it belongs. Mother nature will thank you!
edit on 19-2-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

cool, find anything?

I'll start using it next weekend. Promise to share pics !!!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

And one more thing, if you are in the forest or hills or fields, never leave an iron signal unchecked. it could be OOOOLD.

That's the kind of tip I need

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Yes, I finally got it ! Always wanted to have one but didn't want to spend too much money. So today I found a good deal. A Pioneer 202. I've been checking reviews and prices for a while and got it for 104 bucks, including 2 years warranty. Not the first time I use a metal detector but I'm a beginner.

I'm in NJ. Calling all treasure hunters and metal detector gurus for advices and tips.

That is so cool! Really, you only had to pay $104.00? I have always wanted to go treasure hunting with a metal detector, but my husband thinks I am nuts and crackers...but that wouldn't be the first time. He could care less about the money...he just doesn't want me to drag him along to the woods and beyond!

Did you buy online? Or at an actual store? If online could you share the site?

Did you ever watch an old show called Gold Fever? It was the best - the host went all over prospecting. He actually was an accountant but got the "Gold Fever" and made a living finding gold and gems all over the country.

I would love to see your pictures when you start the hunt.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Living the dream!

I've wanted one of them since I was about 8. Living in England means there's hoards of buried loot waiting to be found. Roman coins and much more.

Came close a few years back and stalled over which one was best for the price. Main reason is most people spend their lives 'detectoring' and find nothing more than ring-pulls from the 1970s.

Thinking about it...a fancy metal detector and a good air rifle are both on my childhood bucket list. Digging up ring-pulls and shooting # sounds like a good day out.

Good luck with the hunting and keep us updated

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

I bought it online, from Walmart. It actually cost less ($89.97), but I added the 2 years warranty. Also checked the reviews, seems like this baby is built to last.

Note : I gotta watch that show !
edit on 19-2-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Thinking about it...a fancy metal detector and a good air rifle are both on my childhood bucket list. Digging up ring-pulls and shooting # sounds like a good day out.

Good luck with the hunting and keep us updated

I had one air rifle when I was a kid, I couldn't stop using it everyday. Glory days !

I've been thinking to get a bow too, I loved archery and when I was a kid my mother bought me one made by Amazon rainforest people. Oh man...., that was awesome.

I know people will think I'm crazy but I'm reaching the age when a man wants to check that bucket list....haha!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the info - off to Wally World online as we speak...

We are having such a mild winter down here (North Texas) that I can probably start using right away! Maybe we can share pics later in the Spring? I would love to find some old Confederate/Union stuff. We have some land where a Battle took place so keeping fingers crossed!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I've been shopping around for an air rifle this year if only to tick it off the list.

Old dreams die hard, right?

Good on you for ticking one off. Your thread is encouraging

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ooohhh... don't forget to take magnet fishing line with you when out on adventures! Don't want to ruin that nice toy, but don't want to miss a good find in a water way! Happy hunting!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173

Thanks for the info - off to Wally World online as we speak...

We are having such a mild winter down here (North Texas) that I can probably start using right away! Maybe we can share pics later in the Spring? I would love to find some old Confederate/Union stuff. We have some land where a Battle took place so keeping fingers crossed!

Oh yeah, we certainly have to share pics !

We might need our own forum soon

My first target is a park about 5 miles from my home. I saw people jogging there on weekends and there is a creek too. I must try it this weekend !

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have an older White's goldmaster Metal detector, It works great, got it at a rummage sale for forty bucks with the case and all. It was around a six hundred dollar detector when it was new. I found out from an archeologist at one of the conventions that the newer metal detectors sold do not pick up most artifacts, the frequencies have been eliminated to insure that people do not disturb the ancient sites and dig up some of the burial artifacts and other important artifacts. This was an international action, every metal detector made after a certain date many years ago is compliant. My detector can detect those things in some modes, it is older than the change.

I agree with their change in the frequency, but am also glad I do have one that still does find these things. It has something to do with the crystals found in the clays or quartzes used in making these artifacts. So if there is some quartz attached to gold, the frequency is buffered, even on older models as the quartz moderates and changes the intensity of the reading. It does that with copper too, I knew that when I was a kid already. Float copper was easier to find than the ore containing the quartz in the copper country. Float copper was way more coppery and the small copper in the quartz was hard to find. In the copper country, the roads have copper in the asphault. I worked on a crusher throwing big chunks of copper off to fund the Christmas party and county picnic when I was a teenager. The little stuff went into the alphault and road gravel.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I've been shopping around for an air rifle this year if only to tick it off the list.

Old dreams die hard, right?

Good on you for ticking one off. Your thread is encouraging

Do it ! Do it ! Do it !

Get your rifle !

You deserve it !

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks Ricky, I see there is a lot of stuff that I need to learn about the noble art of treasure hunting.

One thing I must find out first is how to protect the coil. Also wonder if there is a waterproof coil I can attach to my device.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join