It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARDUK Concert In Oakland Canceled Due To Security Concerns (ANTIFA protests)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As a leftie, I want NOTHING to do with these people! Marduk is an AMAZING band and came all the way from Sweden to perform for the good ol' U S of A. I highly doubt they'll ever be back, and this will for sure deter other foreign artists from making to voyage to entertain us.

Blaabbermouth

Tonight's (Saturday, February 18) MARDUK concert at the Oakland Metro Operahouse in Oakland, California has been canceled amid security concerns. The venue released a statement from the local police on Friday explaining that "there are groups that believe MARDUK profits off glorifying Nazi imagery and songs about Nazi SS officers and anti-Semitism." Therefore, "based on the riot that occurred in Berkeley in regards to Milo Yiannopoulos [a British journalist, author and senior editor for Breitbart News, a far-right news and opinion web site] speaking at the University [Of California], it is reasonable to believe that there would be a threat to public safety if these groups showed up to protest MARDUK.

This has gotten out of hand... Almost every single black metal loving friend of mine is liberal. I hate that we get lumped in with these wastes of space, this is not the left!!!

Black metal is, was, and always will be offensive in nature about sensitive subjects. It's "shock" art.

ANTIFA needs to GO AWAY!!! The organizer for this particular protest goes by Angela Dancev on facebook. She's bragging about how easy it was to shut it down.
edit on 18-2-2017 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I don't get it...

If you are not working, you wont have money to travel all over and protest.

Who is funding them then?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Sounds like domestic terrorism to me.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Antifa and all of these other anti American groups led by Marxists who hate the country they live in while wearing their Air Jordans and taking selfies on their $600 Iphones are all on those of you who support the Progressive Left!

Always said, that "They will eat their own.".

At least YOU are possibly getting a wake up call?

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Marduk has long been tainted with the appearance of being pro-Nazi, due to lyrical content, imagery and such. They are not Nazi, neo-Nazis or anything of the sort. Black metal in and of itself does tend to have what could be considered fascist themes throughout the genre overall. It's not because they are pro-fascist. It's because black metal dips in to those sorts of topics and issues.

I'm not a fan of Marduk, but I think this is uncalled for. They should be allowed to play.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I will never discourage peaceful protest, it's what this country was founded upon and I know many people with jobs that also engage in protest. It's a constitutionally protected right.

However, these aren't peaceful protests. This is the same group that tore up Berkeley over Milo Yiannopoulos. People got hurt, and property was destroyed. That's terrorism.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Antifa and all of these other anti American groups led by Marxists who hate the country they live in while wearing their Air Jordans and taking selfies on their $600 Iphones are all on those of you who support the Progressive Left!

Always said, that "They will eat their own.".

At least YOU are possibly getting a wake up call?

Anarchists and Marxists aren't liberals. Big difference. I'll never relate to conservative values, and I take no responsibility for these people.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Marduk has long been tainted with the appearance of being pro-Nazi, due to lyrical content, imagery and such. They are not Nazi, neo-Nazis or anything of the sort. Black metal in and of itself does tend to have what could be considered fascist themes throughout the genre overall. It's not because they are pro-fascist. It's because black metal dips in to those sorts of topics and issues.

I'm not a fan of Marduk, but I think this is uncalled for. They should be allowed to play.

Slayer has long been faced with the same problem and their vocalist is a Catholic Trump supporter LOL! It's just art. I'm in a black metal band. Our songs are themed around anti-religion and war. None of us in my band, or any other black metal band I've encountered, are violent people and we don't care what anybody wants to believe. It's just art.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
I will never discourage peaceful protest, it's what this country was founded upon and I know many people with jobs that also engage in protest. It's a constitutionally protected right.

However, these aren't peaceful protests. This is the same group that tore up Berkeley over Milo Yiannopoulos. People got hurt, and property was destroyed. That's terrorism.

Yet it is the MSM that is the culprits whom always relay the propaganda of peaceful protests as a right, while ignoring the anarchy, destruction and violence that comes along with it!

It isn't the responsibility of those of us who are against these Marxist protestors to end it, it is the responsibility of those of you on the Left who have ignored and made excuses for their behavior to stop it!

Sucks that you can't have the freedom to see the band you want to, but just think about that for awhile?

Join the Dark side that supports Freedom and Liberty!

edit on 18-2-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Oh yes, let these fools make enemies out of the proper metal heads. I want to see it play out. Let this just be the beginning.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yet it is the MSM that is the culprits whom always relay the propaganda of peaceful protests as a right, while ignoring the anarchy, destruction and violence that comes along with it!

It isn't the responsibility of those of us who are against these Marxist protestors to end it, it is the responsibility of those of you on the Left who have ignored and made excuses for their behavior to stop it!

Sucks that you can't have the freedom to see the band you want to, but just think about that for awhile?

I have never made an excuse for rioting, looting, beating, etc... Not even once, so it's not my responsibility to end these idiots. I also pay no attention to MSM. I feel I'm being unfairly stereotyped here.

BTW I didn't miss this concert. I saw them in Kansas City on the 11th

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
Oh yes, let these fools make enemies out of the proper metal heads. I want to see it play out. Let this just be the beginning.

All that would have had to have happened is for Marduk to get off their bus in their stage attire and stare at them LOL! They'd run and cry to mommy.
edit on 18-2-2017 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yep. Apparently they don't understand the kind of people that go to see Marduk live...

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yep. Apparently they don't understand the kind of people that go to see Marduk live...

We're those quiet guys that you don't want to push into a corner.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Slayer has long been faced with the same problem and their vocalist is a Catholic Trump supporter LOL! It's just art. I'm in a black metal band. Our songs are themed around anti-religion and war. None of us in my band, or any other black metal band I've encountered, are violent people and we don't care what anybody wants to believe. It's just art.

It is art and many in the genre are quite talented. I've been a musician for around 25 years and I have a deep respect for those that can play any type of music.

That being said, I can't get in to black metal. It's just not my thing.
edit on 18-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I have never made an excuse for rioting, looting, beating, etc... Not even once, so it's not my responsibility to end these idiots. I also pay no attention to MSM. I feel I'm being unfairly stereotyped here.

BTW I didn't miss this concert. I saw them in Kansas City on the 11th

I feel for ya, I really do! I also believe you never supported their violence! However, if you are totally against the opposing TEAM, then this is part of your team you have to deal with.

Sorry to be blunt and honest, but as you claimed you are a liberal, I also want you to notice I usually use the term Progressive? I respect Classical Liberals, however, the lines have been moved to the extreme left to Progressivism. I feel bad for you true Liberals who are now homeless. I really do!

Join the dark side that love freedom and liberty! Doesn't mean you have to call yourself a Republican! Just believe in the Constitution and shed that label!

Times are changing and so are the definitions and meanings of words!

As a human being who hates both political parties, "Shed your skin and free yourself!"!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Was exactly my thought......

I dont advocate for violence......

But I say let the concert go and and watch how fast those idiots vacate the premises when there are people there who wont put up with their destructive bullcrap

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

As a human being who hates both political parties, "Shed your skin and free yourself!"!

I myself hate both political parties. But I tend to lean left on most social issues. IE: I don't care where people pee.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Was exactly my thought......

I dont advocate for violence......

But I say let the concert go and and watch how fast those idiots vacate the premises when there are people there who wont put up with their destructive bullcrap

I think they should invite them in for a drink and a jaunt in the mosh pit.

Watch out for elbows!

edit on 18-2-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The ANTIFA justify their heinous acts under the disguise of fighting for a righteous cause. They are just another Terrorist Organisation and should be prosecuted as such. All they do is spewing hate,damage property and injure civilians. I have no clue how you could defend this kind of behavior.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join