It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Transit Riders upset about Security Checks in Progress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So is this just a general attempt to clamp down on ordinary criminality or is it possible there is some intel that makes the security services think that there may be an attack in the pipeline?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You think they would be more upset about the roaming gangs of feral humans killing everything in site.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Not a little hyperbolic??

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not so
I believe when you purchase a ticket for said transit you acquiesce to this type of search.

And it is draconian. This is like having TSA when you take the train.

What's next? Malls? Grocery stores?

I just can't blindly accept this.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree it is draconian, and it is exactly like having tsa. I found this sited as justification of said searches.

According to MacWade vs. Kelly— a Second Circuit Court ruling in 2006— no. The case was brought by the ACLU against the Commissioner of the New York City Police Department and the City of New York after subway bag checks were enacted in 2005, which were in response to the Madrid and London subway bombings of 2004 and 2005. The ruling sets precedent for five requirements that must be met for these programs to be deemed constitutional, including:
1. “Passengers receive notice of the searches and may decline to be searched so long as they leave the subway.”
2. “Police search only those containers capable of concealing explosives.”
3. “A typical search lasts only for a matter of seconds.”
4. “Uniformed personnel conduct the searches out in the open, which reduces the fear and stigma that removal to a hidden area can cause.”
5. “Police exercise no discretion in selecting whom to search, but rather employ a formula that ensures they do not arbitrarily exercise their authority.”

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Thank you for that.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
"Papers, show me your papers!"

I don't like this, they had better have a good reason.

Don't worry if they ask for papers.

Worry when they start asking for your passwords and make you unlock your phone when you get onto the train.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
While this move appears constitutional, I think it is important that we always question the motives and motivations of government, be it federal, state, local.

We should never acquiesce to the whims of government.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
This doesn't seem like a bad idea in Carnage infested cesspool laden with illegal aliens and gangbanging thugs like Chicago has become. We already know that the local government will do nothing to stop them so the feds have to get involved.

Ten bucks says you haven't stepped foot in Chicago in years (if at all).

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Arizonaguy

what do you know about chicago? carnage laden from illegal alien thugs? you're painting the wrong picture, the majority of immigrant people in chicago (legal or illegal) are decent law abiding citizens. the gang/thug mentality in chicago started a long long time ago by immigrants from ireland and italy (al capone was an illegal immigrant btw).

Al Capone was born in Brooklyn in New York City on January 17, 1899.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
This doesn't seem like a bad idea in Carnage infested cesspool laden with illegal aliens and gangbanging thugs like Chicago has become. We already know that the local government will do nothing to stop them so the feds have to get involved.

Ten bucks says you haven't stepped foot in Chicago in years (if at all).

I've never set foot in Syria, yet I know it's a war zone. I do know that Chicago is the third largest city in the US, and Phoenix is the 6th. Both large urban areas with millions of people. Both have issues with gangs and illegal immigrants. You would think that , with the very pernissable gun laws here in Arizona that the murder rates would be comparable. Heck, here in Arizona we even give felons the right to eventually carry a firearm again. Why just a couple of weeks ago a convicted felon that had his rights restored shot and killed a man that was trying to kill a state trooper. So with all of that info, why is their murder rate 4 times higher than ours? Maybe because the local government won't stand up to the problem groups like they do here in Arizona. So if they won't, then screw the peaceful citizens, right? To quote our President " WRONG". I support this action 100%

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Nothing you said here explains why you think what you think about Chicago. You couldn't be more duped by the media in this account if you tried. Despite all the murders it isn't a warzone in the city. I should know. I was there last summer and I managed to not only NOT see any murders, I didn't even see any violence while I was there.

Hell I live in Baltimore, which is an hour north of DC. Both cities are known for having high violence rates. I still don't see violence here. That's because I understand that most of the violence happens in certain neighborhoods and isn't indicative of the whole city.

You should leave your state sometime. It's making you paranoid. You are the last person I'd want weighing in on my local politics. That's for sure.
edit on 16-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join