It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A VERY strange dream (or was it)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
About 6 months go now, I had one of the most bizarre experiences of my life. I was sleeping like usual and I woke up out of a dead sleep. I saw my clock which read 4:00 AM. I then heard my door creak open and my dog descend the staircase into my room. Only, just a few steps behind the dog (who seems to not even notice the thing hot on his heels) was a tall jet black figure. (Think of Father from Codename: Kids Next Door.) When I say tall, I mean about 6 foot 9 my best friend is 6'3" and my. Uncle is 6'6 and it dwarfed them. It had no facial features at all other than bluish/violetish lights emanating from where Eyes would have been this all happened so fast, I hadn't even moved from my laying position yet so my best bet was to look as much like the blanket as possible and not move. As soon as it's foot touched the floor, in a blur, (think of the red blur that The Flash makes when he moves) it was standing at my bedside. I then watched it (I dared not move) make a gesture with its right hand which looked like reaching into your back pocket. It then held up hat looked like a mix between a handgun and a syringe injector gun. Because I was laying on my stomach, when it extended its arm out over my back, I reached past my field of vision. I felt nothing all though I got the impression the tool interacted with my back. He then retracted his arm and, for lack of better phrasing, "put the tool back in his back pocket." Then turned his head to the left, which positioned him facing an open door which leads into our jam room, (all of my friends and family are musicians) and, with the same blur, directed towards the jam room, was gone. I don't remember falling back asleep, but I must have because the next thing I remember, it was 6:19 AM and I was standing in the living room.

The reason I saw or was it, is because Over the course of events, (which happened rather quickly, other than the missing almost two and a half hours) I remember being incredibly calm about the entire situation. It wasn't until the next day I realized the high strangeness of the situation

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: StookieWilliams
About 6 months go now, I had one of the most bizarre experiences of my life. I was sleeping like usual and I woke up out of a dead sleep. I saw my clock which read 4:00 AM. I then heard my door creak open and my dog descend the staircase into my room. Only, just a few steps behind the dog (who seems to not even notice the thing hot on his heels) was a tall jet black figure. (Think of Father from Codename: Kids Next Door.) When I say tall, I mean about 6 foot 9 my best friend is 6'3" and my. Uncle is 6'6 and it dwarfed them. It had no facial features at all other than bluish/violetish lights emanating from where Eyes would have been this all happened so fast, I hadn't even moved from my laying position yet so my best bet was to look as much like the blanket as possible and not move. As soon as it's foot touched the floor, in a blur, (think of the red blur that The Flash makes when he moves) it was standing at my bedside. I then watched it (I dared not move) make a gesture with its right hand which looked like reaching into your back pocket. It then held up hat looked like a mix between a handgun and a syringe injector gun. Because I was laying on my stomach, when it extended its arm out over my back, I reached past my field of vision. I felt nothing all though I got the impression the tool interacted with my back. He then retracted his arm and, for lack of better phrasing, "put the tool back in his back pocket." Then turned his head to the left, which positioned him facing an open door which leads into our jam room, (all of my friends and family are musicians) and, with the same blur, directed towards the jam room, was gone. I don't remember falling back asleep, but I must have because the next thing I remember, it was 6:19 AM and I was standing in the living room.

The reason I saw or was it, is because Over the course of events, (which happened rather quickly, other than the missing almost two and a half hours) I remember being incredibly calm about the entire situation. It wasn't until the next day I realized the high strangeness of the situation

P.S. I live with my parents and brother. My brother is only 15. My dad said he was late to work that day, didn't leave until 6:30and didn't even enter my room when he did. My mom was also late to work that day, and didn't leave the house until 8, with my brother.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Sounds like an encounter with a shadow being.
You mentioned feeling calm. Well calmness usually is not a symptom that one gets from sleep paralysis. So unless your used to SP it's a safe bet that you would have been the complete opposite of calm. I know someone will chime in saying "I don't panick from sleep paralysis "
Which may be true...but only if the person has dealt with SP the majority of their life.
I'm 34 and get SP at least 3-4 times a month.
And it still freaks me out at times.

My point being, unless you are a frequent recipient of SP, it's fair to say that you most likely would have been panicking.

Based on your description of the event, I think we can rule S.P out.
edit on 15-2-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2017 by Macenroe82 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Wow interesting experience. It sounds like what some people refer to as shadow people, or as we called it when we were young before we knew the term, 'dark man'. Not sure what it is people are seeing but it seems to exist as something experienced.

You sound like you are not sure whether this was a dream or not, but the fact that you are not sure says something about the nature of the experience. So just to clarify, you 'woke up' that morning standing in your living room? That must have seemed a bit odd in itself surely.

Interesting with the tool it used which you thought had some interaction with your back. Any back related issues or anything of the sort ever?

Thanks for sharing this experience.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think i remember Jimmy Page saying he had a similar dream before he started Led Zeppelin.

Juuust kidding. That sounds like a crazy dream though. Have you noticed anything different since it has happened?

Have you ever been able to lucid dream? You might be able to go back to that dream and ask the being some questions.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: StookieWilliams

The loss of time here is striking. About two hours, allegedly. I don't want to pick apart the narrative, but did it really just happen like that? You don't recall anything between the dream and standing in the living room?

This is a great account, and I am glad you documented it. Please let us know if you get another one!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

FYI, a lot of people have experienced this "syringe" shadow guy.

I just read another account posted today HERE.

Same thread has accounts about the "hat man" HERE.

edit on 16 2 2017 by TheFatefulDay because:

edit on 18/2/17 by JustMike because: I fixed the post display formatting.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Sounds like an encounter with a shadow being.
You mentioned feeling calm. Well calmness usually is not a symptom that one gets from sleep paralysis. So unless your used to SP it's a safe bet that you would have been the complete opposite of calm. I know someone will chime in saying "I don't panick from sleep paralysis "
Which may be true...but only if the person has dealt with SP the majority of their life.
I'm 34 and get SP at least 3-4 times a month.
And it still freaks me out at times.

My point being, unless you are a frequent recipient of SP, it's fair to say that you most likely would have been panicking.

Based on your description of the event, I think we can rule S.P out.

I agree. I was way too conscious for it to have been a dream. And every time if heard of sleep paralysis, it comes with very intense feelings of dread this was not the case. Also sleep paralysis' whole thing is your paralyzed. I somehow ended up in the living room 2 hours later.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yarrow83
Wow interesting experience. It sounds like what some people refer to as shadow people, or as we called it when we were young before we knew the term, 'dark man'. Not sure what it is people are seeing but it seems to exist as something experienced.

You sound like you are not sure whether this was a dream or not, but the fact that you are not sure says something about the nature of the experience. So just to clarify, you 'woke up' that morning standing in your living room? That must have seemed a bit odd in itself surely.

Interesting with the tool it used which you thought had some interaction with your back. Any back related issues or anything of the sort ever?

No. no maladies with my back to report.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFatefulDay

The loss of time here is striking. About two hours, allegedly. I don't want to pick apart the narrative, but did it really just happen like that? You don't recall anything between the dream and standing in the living room?

This is a great account, and I am glad you documented it. Please let us know if you get another one!

Not at all. I don't even remember falling back asleep after the Shadow Man left. When I "came to", for lack of better terminology, I was Standing in the middle of the living room. Soon I'll be posting another very strange dream.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yarrow83

To be honest, I'm not sure whether it was a dream or not. But I don't really believe so. It was way too real. I was also conciliatory the whole time. Like when I realized there was another entity other than my dog coming down the stairs, I remember thinking to my self, "just fake asleep, he won't Hurt you."

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
I think i remember Jimmy Page saying he had a similar dream before he started Led Zeppelin.

Juuust kidding. That sounds like a crazy dream though. Have you noticed anything different since it has happened?

Have you ever been able to lucid dream? You might be able to go back to that dream and ask the being some questions.

Good...then I shall form the greatest rock band of all time...ZED LEPPELIN!!!

Lol

No ive never tried lucid dreaming. Idk if I'd want to confront him. He hasn't been back since

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Sounds like Abduction... short and to the point

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The questions I would ask in such a situation would be:

Have you been taking ambien or any other prescription sleep aids? (Known to cause some extremely bizarre sleep walking, memory loss, time loss, behavioral, and parasomnia issues in people.) Or anything else at all for that matter (even something over the counter potentially, such as benadryl)?

Do you have a history of any parasomnias such as frequent or intense nightmares, night terrors, sleep walking, sleep talking, sleep paralysis, waking dreams, etc.? (And might you without realizing it?)

Have you ever had any other experiences in your life that you would describe as distortions of time or memory, being in one place then another but not remembering how you got there, suddenly recalling a series of events that you previously had no recollection of and feel baffled by, etc.? How common are they?

Have you recently been sleep deprived, ill, feverish, delirious, or exhausted in any way?

Do you suffer from any sort of respiratory issue that you know of such as sleep apnea that might interfere with your normal sleep or breathing?

Any or all or any combination of those things - even if you aren't aware of them (some people can experience sleep paralysis, waking dreams, and sleep walking without knowing that's what has taken place) - could potentially account for something like this.

That said, that's just me doing my due skeptical diligence, not saying something else might not be at work. And I concede I actually find some of these stories and their similarity across different people's accounts to be very interesting and, sometimes, strange personally.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

1.) I wasn't under the influence of any medication whatsoever.

2.) never once experienced any sleepwalking, talking, or night terrors and I don't think I've ever had a nightmare.

3.) never experienced and unexplainable time lapses or memory lapses

4.) have never experienced any sleep deprivation nor did I during the time frame of either of my experiences

5.) when I was younger my mother (who works at a hospital) actually had me tested for any of those sleep-affecting respiratory problems and I don not have any.

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Imo (and that's all it is, just an opinion - a layman's, uneducated, non-professional opinion,) that leaves three possibilities. (And I am not asserting that any of these is the reality, or more probable than the others, for the record.)

1) You've begun having waking dreams or some other sort of parasomnia recently (based on your other recent thread.) It's possible for such issues to emerge suddenly even with no prior history, for a variety of reasons.

2) You've begun to show signs of an emerging mental illness of some kind. (As with #1, you can begin showing signs of such an illness at any time. It can commonly happen in people's 20s or 30s for instance, in the case of schitzophrenia. And for some, the first signs are when sleepy or coming out of sleep.)

3) Something genuinely anomalous is happening to you. Some may scoff at this one, but I have experienced some extremely bizarre events first hand - witnessed by at least one other person - over the years, which if I shared them, would make me sound certifiably insane, but myself and the other witness are absolutely certain took place, despite their seeming impossibility so... I know how that can feel.

Sometimes in life, things really do happen; things no one can adequately explain or account for in a purely empirical, rationalist worldview. This might be one of those scenarios. Or it might be one of the first two. My (unprofessional, unaccountable, anecdotal, layman's) advice, sincerely, would be to consider all three with as much rigor and analysis as possible.

I hope nothing more disturbing happens and that you sleep well going forward. Sleep is a beautiful, recuperative thing. Not fun to have it disrupted in this way.

Peace.

top topics

join