It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you an organ donor or a Coleman?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Being an organ donor is always something that I have supported. But then I saw this commercial and I just had to share.

Myth

I have a medical condition, so I can't be a donor.

Anyone, regardless of age or medical history, can sign up to be a donor.
The transplant team will determine at an individual's time of death whether donation is possible.
There are very few conditions that would prevent a person from becoming a donor—such as HIV infection, active cancer, or a systemic infection. You should still consider registering. Even with an illness, you may be able to donate your organs or tissues.
Myth

I'm too old to be a donor

There's no age limit to organ donation.
To date, the oldest donor in the U.S. was age 92. What matters is the health and condition of your organs when you die.
Myth

I don't think my religion supports donation.

Most major religions in the United States support organ donation and consider donation as the final act of love and generosity toward others.
For more about religion and organ donation,click here
Myth

If they see I'm a donor at the hospital, they won't try to save my life.

When you are sick or injured and admitted to a hospital, the one and only priority is to save your life.
Period. Donation doesn’t become a possibility until all lifesaving methods have failed.
OrganDonation.gov

edit on 2/14/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the poor bastard that gets my liver.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Don't be an organ donor! It's for a bunch of a holes that think they have more rights to your organs than you. Check out the George Webb material, the Cia is stealing Haitians and sanctuary city people to harvest them.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I WAS
Till they started talking about making it opt out instead of opt in
Something wrong with a community that demands of the people

I believe in organ donations, I believe in free will to choose a little more

Each to their own
I give blood, for free

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

other than what organs, limbs, digits that i might have lost or lose before i die. i'm taking with me when i do. want to see my license?

ETA: my truck use have nutz until they made us castrate them.

edit on 14-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I like that guy, lived his life his way. No apologies, no regrets,no fear, drove a kick ass truck!! I raise my glass in memory of Coleman, and he's right, kick their ass and take their gas!!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Yes I'm a donor.
My wife and 14 year old daughter as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
They don't respect our wishes while we live, whats to think they do after death?

They sell baby parts (excuse me, tissues) without their permission, either.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Great commercial...

Half of my organs are buggered up anyway so all I can really give away are my eyes... but that is already a start I suppose?

Rocco Siffredi has already contacted me for the rest so sorry folks that one is already reserved

Warmest

Lags

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I've been a donor since I got my License at around 21.

Sure my kidneys are probably shot, but hey maybe they'll be useful.

Sure I've been smoking for 10 years but you never know they might find something viable 50 or so years from now.

You just never know, and personally once I'm dead, I'm dead, and I won't have time to care about this body, if I'm even capable of caring at all. Let someone get some use out of it, and if they can't, send me to a college for med students to work with. Or throw my body in some kind of field for government science studies.

No bother to me what is done with my body when i'm dead..... as long as it's for some kind of advancement, betterment, or help for our kind. If not just cremate me and spread me in the beautiful blue waters of the Bahamas.

-Alee

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I was an organ donor for years until I worked in the funeral industry.

I totally understand the idea behind it and support that it can save lives; I however was also taught by the funeral industry that the body although dead, is somebody's loved one and should always be treated with respect and consideration. Most of the bodies received from organ donation were serious hack and slash jobs as they harvested what they needed and payed little to no attention on the means they used to get there.

It's because of this I do not support.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Is it true that in China they harvest organs of criminals without consent?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My personal opinion is if you do not want to be a organ donor that is more than fine. But you shouldnt be able to receive one either. Why should i save some assholes who wouldnt do the same for me?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hitparader
I was an organ donor for years until I worked in the funeral industry.

I totally understand the idea behind it and support that it can save lives; I however was also taught by the funeral industry that the body although dead, is somebody's loved one and should always be treated with respect and consideration. Most of the bodies received from organ donation were serious hack and slash jobs as they harvested what they needed and payed little to no attention on the means they used to get there.

It's because of this I do not support.

No s#s given from my husband and I on our meatsacks' condition post-organ extraction. We're being cremated. We're dead, who cares what the vehicle looks like before it's burned up into ash?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm such a Coleman.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

What about stem cells? Shouldn't that put an end to the organ shortage? Can't they use non-fetal stem-cells now so they dont have to step all over the pro-lifers toes?

Or is the FDA blocking progress?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest
I'm honestly unsure of where we are currently in Stem cell research. That would be amazing if they could just start growing new parts for everyone.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My wife is an organ donor, I on the other hand am not. I told my wife as soon as they put the organ in for free the way I give it (for free), then I will be an organ donor.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
"They've pulled her organs. It won't be long now." That was what the security guard at the gated project said to my taxi passenger when she asked about the tenant who had been shot there a few nights before. I asked my passenger about the gal, having caught the conversation and finding it curious.

She thought it curious too, said the girl had still had a face and an intact skull when she had left the project in the ambulance after the incident. I never learned the details of her condition. I just know what I heard. It did not inspire in me a desire to sign up to become an organ donor. Quite the opposite, in fact.

If my innards are on the table for market should I pass, that may affect decisions that are made as to whether to save my ground up ass (heaven forbid) or just 'call it a loss'. 'Pull his organs, he's too messed up to try and fix.' No thanks. If that will make me a posthumous asshole, so be it. Chalk it up to the dehumanization of industrialized culture. I'd gladly be willing to donate my unused parts once I was done with them provided I had the assurance they would REALLY wait until I was done with them before yanking them.
edit on 15-2-2017 by TheBadCabbie because: edit

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Interesting thread, I can only offer my opinion on the matter. It,s biased for sure but honest.

When I was 33 years old my heart went goofy and I needed a new ticker......long story short I was too healthy for a transplant but not sick enough for one. Now I am too sick for one.

If in doubt check my posting history

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join