It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump advisers' space plan: To moon, Mars and beyond

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Lots of political trolling in a space thread. None of these people care about the actual subject matter, just bash trump for no reason.

Personally I think it's a great idea. NASA should go to space again.

Can't have the Chinese getting to Mars first, can we?

I am not sure. I don't think I could live on Mars without a place to get decent stir-fried chicken with chili and Sichuan pepper..

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Now they are just pulling ideas out of a hat.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Bwhaha we can barely maintain this planet, but we expect to be able to maintain the moon? Humans, I swear...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Ohanka

How is the planet doomed? Earth is an actual living environment that's currently sustaining millions of different species & strains of life. There's no point colonizing another planet if we're too stupid to take care of the perfectly habitable planet we already have. Otherwise, we'll just have the same people who are destroying this planet wreaking havoc on another planet (one which can't even sustain life yet, at that).

Holy buckets, if you think this is sustainable, when is the last time you checked out a place devastated by famine and poverty, with too many mouths to feed, not enough water to keep alive, an ever changing climate (who cares why, lets just agree that it is) and people in affluent countries, living in abject poverty while fat cats eat expensive delicacies and scoff at the povs because they obviously didn't do enough hard labour in the prison of life - and daddy told them so as he gave them his obscene wealth.

Sustainable?

No... the Earth may not be doomed. But we as a species sure are, and we're not going down alone. We're gonna take most of the precious living things on this planet, with us.... coz a buck is a buck, you know.

Having said that, I don't think colonising a million other plants would help. We'd just breed on a million more planets and create the same fundamental problems all over again.

And what is the answer? I don't think anyone wants to hear it...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: ExNihiloRed
a reply to: seasonal

Remind me again why we need to go back to the moon? Something we miss? I'd prefer resources be allocated to a more productive endeavor.

I'm with you on this one. I really do not think it is worth all the expense to go there. I know the consumer will pay for all of this.

Imagine if the Wright brothers had to rely on public funding.

We'd still be using dirigibles and walking a very long way...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

This maybe the most pertinent statement in this whole thread. Of course the lift will be terribly expensive, it is very cheap when you look at the costs of rocket grab-assery.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I'm sure those will be at the end of the line,Trump is trying to reel in spending,and going to other planets rank real low in priority's,won't happen

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Who won't allow this moon thingy?

the whole space race moony thingy from the past is a hoax. By now mr Trump must know this. However If big T really wants to go to that satellite we have a problem. Because It's simply not allowed.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

I dis-agree, if the 8 richest men did this, the tax payer will pay for it.

I will not mention the wealthy man who has a company that is named after an electrical genius from the 20th century or the 4,900,000,000 in tax $$$$ he gets.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Why do you say that?

Do you doubt Trump when he grew up smack dab in the middle of the space race from the 1960's?

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I am guessing we have had the ability for awhile but since they can't tell us that, we now "strive" to accomplish what already is, as a form of disclosure maybe.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This is not so much about reaching the stars but I would guess more about preparing the public for a catch up in progress already made in secret and possibly a means of hiding the next set of secret missions which I suspect are beyond the average Joe public's comprehension. In my view we already have space fairing craft in operation and have already ventured beyond what the public understand! It is also interesting that this has come so soon into TRUMPOTUS's term and may reflect his wish to bring the Joe public partially up to date thus being perceived as the great disclosure one! I'm sure that there are things that TRUMPY is now aware of that he would love to tell about but he knows he can only go so far without himself being expired.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I am guessing we have had the ability for awhile but since they can't tell us that, we now "strive" to accomplish what already is, as a form of disclosure maybe.
You hit it on the nail!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
This is not so much about reaching the stars but I would guess more about preparing the public for a catch up in progress already made in secret and possibly a means of hiding the next set of secret missions which I suspect are beyond the average Joe public's comprehension. In my view we already have space fairing craft in operation and have already ventured beyond what the public understand! It is also interesting that this has come so soon into TRUMPOTUS's term and may reflect his wish to bring the Joe public partially up to date thus being perceived as the great disclosure one! I'm sure that there are things that TRUMPY is now aware of that he would love to tell about but he knows he can only go so far without himself being expired.

Hit it on the nail

And you as well.
Same idea.
edit on 13-2-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It's pretty funny to see all the people on ATS who would normally be excited about space travel and rooting for it suddenly have sour puss attitudes because Trump is the one leading it.

Plus Space travel tech leads to all kinds of new innovations for the entire world to benefit from.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

It is funny, but Trump will get results, not stupid excuses. I could see him literally getting on the phones with project managers. Not a good thing but......

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I'm sure those will be at the end of the line,Trump is trying to reel in spending,and going to other planets rank real low in priority's,won't happen

There's no sense in being practical about this. If Trump said it....it's like in the Bible. Trump isn't confined to economic forces like the rest of us. He's a supernatural savior type being, to be worshiped and adored.
edit on 13-2-2017 by olaru12 because: Debbie...TY

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Haters gonna hate. He could run into a burning building and rescue a bunch of kids, and a trapped fireman, and they'd still find a reason to hate him doing it.

Going back to the Moon first only makes sense. I know everyone wants us to get to Mars, but, baby steps. We're 40 years out of practice beyond low Earth Orbit.

Much easier and better to practice going to Mars by going back to the Moon first. Something goes wrong, your people are only a few days away....not months to years away

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ExNihiloRed

While I would be the first to jump on any of Trumps plans, if they had holes in them (which they almost always do), I cannot see that a return to the lunar surface would be a waste of effort. For one thing, we need to start colonies on as many of the rocky planets in our solar system, as our current technological capabilities allow. The reasons for this are:

1) to prevent one pesky comet impact from wiping out the whole species at once

2) to place observatories on bodies with little to no atmospheric interference, light pollution, or a halo of human generated debris around them

3) to build manufacturing centers to produce spacecraft components, on bodies with lower gravity than our own, making different manufacturing processes possible, and reducing the cost of lifting the components from ground to space

4) to increase our understanding of the bodies themselves, and by extension our understanding of the solar system, the galaxy and the universe

I may think Trump should be vivisected with a yard broom for what he has already done, and for what he is bound to do in the future, but this is not a position I would attack, no matter who suggested it. The sciences have been drastically underfunded when compared to what they need to really make advancements, and if this species is ever going to step off this world to any significant degree, some serious time and effort is going to need to be put in. The space race was all very well, but the people who organised it thought, rather stupidly, that the race was ever going to be over. We are human beings, and the thing we excel at, even more than we do at murdering one another with total abandon, is exploration.

The effort to leave this planet, broaden the horizons of future generations by taking humanity into the multi-planetary age, is one of the most fundamentally forward thinking efforts one can throw ones weight behind.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
people are saying why the moon we have been there already.....EH!

every pic i have seen of the surface is from a kodak or something, i want high res images so i can walk around with my VR
i want telescopes on its dark side to see further into space, i want blast of points, i want a F@@@ing Mall up there.

ohh but we have been there already???????? ................Really!?

and what he said ^^^^^^
edit on 13-2-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join