It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin eases penalties for Domestic Abuse in Russia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Vladimir Putin has signed into law a controversial amendment that decriminalises some forms of domestic violence.

From now on, beatings of spouses or children that result in bruising or bleeding but not broken bones are punishable by 15 days in prison or a fine, if they do not happen more than once a year. Previously, they carried a maximum jail sentence of two years.

Others claim the law is about protecting Russian traditions according to which the family is sacred. Priest Dmitry Smirnov, head of the Russian Orthodox Patriarchy’s commission on family matters, said on a television programme that the idea the state should be able to poke its nose into family affairs was a western imposition on Russia. “Some of the things happening in northern Europe now are such that even Hitler couldn’t have dreamed them up,” he said.

The Guardian

What, you think our country is so innocent?

Is this the brand of traditional conservatism that Putin wants to export?

The bill was approved by Russian legislators 386-1.

Any bets on how soon that lone legislator that opposed this will be eating a polonium sandwich?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I do not agree with striking anybody especially women, children, or animals.

I find it disgusting and have intervened to prevent it.

Strange law and strange reasoning.

As far as I am concerned if you strike a woman, a child, or an animal, I have to the right to call you out on it and strike you if necessary.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

386-1 and yet the majority of the population of the country oppose the law. I guess the Putin apologists only care about "democracy" and "will of the people" when it comes to the annexation of Crimea.

Fun fact: A large protest was planned for this law. The Kremlin denied the permit. Can't have Putin looking bad now. It might reveal those state run approval polls are actually propaganda.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If they want to be a US ally they need to do better than that!

Public floggings
Ban women from driving
Stoneing and beheading them
And reduce them to the value of cattle!

Do that and the USA will buy there oil and give them high tec weapons and let them literally get away with murder(s)!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Poster earlier here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join