It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blasts Nordstrom for dropping Ivanka’s clothing line

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

President Donald Trump blasted luxury department store line Nordstrom for dropping his daughter Ivanka Trump’s label.

“My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!” Trump tweeted Wednesday morning.

Trump blasts Nordstrom for dropping Ivanka’s clothing line

I find this story to be significant for a couple of reasons.

1. This story proves that Trump's conflicts of interest are an issue to be concerned about. Trump really shot himself in the foot here because up to this point it could have been argued that Trump may not have been affected by his conflicts of interest.

2. Trump has been warned not to endorse products.

After Trump tweet, ethics office to U.S. employees: do not endorse products

Did he just endorse a product? I don't think there's any doubt about it. Trump just endorsed his daughter's product line by proclaiming that it deserves to be carried by Nordstrom.

In the bigger picture, the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors" concerning impeachable offenses in the Constitution comes to mind. Could that phrase mean that a number of misdemeanors could add up to be one impeachable offense? I think we may find out with Trump.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Ahh president trump focusing on the issues that matter to the American people.....

His daughters clothing line

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Nordstrom stocks going up in 3.... 2.... 1...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I thought he relinquished all business interests...

Nah, now he cries foul from the highest pulpit in the land.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Ahh president trump focusing on the issues that matter to the American people.....

His daughters clothing line

This will be impossible for even the most ardent Trump supporter to excuse away.

According to White House schedule, this tweet was sent 20 minutes into his daily intelligence briefing.

LINK

I think we're going to win a lot of the Trump supporters over with the light of truth.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
But, this company is discriminating against Trumps daughter because he got elected to president. That is not right. She seems to be a decent person. I would say that all Republicans should boycott this place.

I'll never buy anything from Nordstrom as long as I live, any company who does stuff like they are doing should not be in business. Businesses need to stay neutral in politics to have long term stability. If this place is a corporation with stock, I hope their shareholders elect a new president, one who has intelligence.

To me, I think this company should crumble for the actions of it's present executives.

Any of you who believe this is because of money need to get their head examined, it is Trump protecting his daughter. Maybe we should say that presidents cannot have any children, because that is a conflict of interest.
edit on 8-2-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
In the year 2017, the president of the United States is spending his time - in the highest office of the land - whining about his daughters clothing line and how "unfairly," she was treated.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

We won't win any of them over, they are blind to his many flaws

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

This is absolutely disgusting.

Perhaps, since it is clear from the botched SEAL raid of a little while ago, that Mr Trump needs to up his intelligence game, he should spend the daily briefing period actually listening to the intelligence briefing, rather than shooting of Tweets about his daughters treatment at the hands of a clothing company!

I cannot stand idly by on this, without saying the following to all concerned...

I BLOODY WELL TOLD YOU SO!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Right people.

Because a 30 second tweet really makes full day of work for the Potus!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
But, this company is discriminating against Trumps daughter because he got elected to president. That is not right. She seems to be a decent person. I would say that all Republicans should boycott this place.

I'll never buy anything from Nordstrom as long as I live, any company who does stuff like they are doing should not be in business. Businesses need to stay neutral in politics to have long term stability. If this place is a corporation with stock, I hope their shareholders elect a new president, one who has intelligence.

To me, I think this company should crumble for the actions of it's present executives.

Any of you who believe this is because of money need to get their head examined, it is Trump protecting his daughter. Maybe we should say that presidents cannot have any children, because that is a conflict of interest.

You don't think it's the company protecting its bottom line if people aren't buying products associated with her because a) she is Trumps daughter or b) people just don't like the product?

Or are you saying they should stock them even if people aren't buying them?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Lately you've been on a roll with the poor analysis. A 30 second tweet defending his daughter from the clear discrimination of his daughter being guilty by association is somehow detrimental to his presidency how again?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

You don't think it's the company protecting its bottom line if people aren't buying products associated with her because a) she is Trumps daughter or b) people just don't like the product?

The company noted their dislike of Trump and it is evident that is the reason they are doing it.

You have to remember, everyone has equal rights, Republicans do not have to buy from this company, neither do people who think their actions are inappropriate....like people who have kids.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

This is absolutely disgusting.

Perhaps, since it is clear from the botched SEAL raid of a little while ago, that Mr Trump needs to up his intelligence game, he should spend the daily briefing period actually listening to the intelligence briefing, rather than shooting of Tweets about his daughters treatment at the hands of a clothing company!

I cannot stand idly by on this, without saying the following to all concerned...

I BLOODY WELL TOLD YOU SO!

No offense, but you're reaching quite a bit. How does a tweet to defend his daughter that took absolutely no effort or time relate to his intelligence briefings? What's so disgusting? What did you warn us about?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Could you IMAGINE the outrage if Obama had made some Twitter comment about his daughter being discriminated against?

Ah, but its Trump so just sweep up it under the rug.

Nothing to see her, folks - move along.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

The company noted their dislike of Trump and it is evident that is the reason they are doing it.

You have to remember, everyone has equal rights, Republicans do not have to buy from this company, neither do people who think their actions are inappropriate....like people who have kids.

So do you have sales figures for her product stocked by this company? I'm going to make a wild guess that the answer is no. Being the daughter of the president doesn't equate to a company having to stock your merchandise.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Duh, Nordstrom was likely PART of the intelligence briefing. He probably tweeted just after adding them to the drone list

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Could you IMAGINE the outrage if Obama had made some Twitter comment about his daughter being discriminated against?

Ah, but its Trump so just sweep up it under the rug.

Nothing to see her, folks - move along.

The word snowflake doesn't really even begin to cover it does it? LMAO

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join