It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Greens want to deny Trump entry visa

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The Greens will move an amendment today aimed at cancelling the visas and deporting foreign heads of state and governments in a move directed at new US President Donald Trump.

They argue that if Mr Trump was a “rapper” he would be denied entry on character grounds to Australia for the promotion of racism and sexism.

A character cancellation bill is before the Senate this afternoon and will extend the Immigration Minister’s power to cancel visas on character grounds.

Greens want to deny Trump entry visa

I wonder if Trump will tweet about the "so-called" political party called the Australian Greens. If Trump is denied a visa to Australia, Australia could wind up being labeled a "fake country." They better be careful.

Seriously, Australia is playing with fire here. There is no limit to the possibilities of what the Trump administration could do over this situation.

Trump is exposing liberal values. The horrendous actions of other U.S. presidents didn't cause them to do anything like this.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Crikey, hadn't seen this coming. Hope they intend to extend this to everyone coming to Aussie of the same character and not just the president of USA or heads of state.

If not, as usual, they'll shoot themselves in the foot.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

War mongers permitted, but god forbid a billionaire rockstar grab a groupie by the junk.

Since they're an island nation, it must be easy for them to sit back and tell everyone else how they should handle their immigration issues.

And their history with the aborigines, puhlease.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
More left wing bollocks from the green left here, and senator nick has made it very clear he is anti-US not just anti-Trump. He's a blowhard, sooking about all the disingenuous information that has been spread far and wide by the left leaning media here, and he's merely the senator for Tasmania.

In a speech he made last year in regards to Trump, he had this to say in closing:

Well, unlike the Coalition, unlike the Labor Party, the Greens will not stand silently by while endorsement is given to this dangerous, sexist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic sociopath.

No one apart from the left wing rent-a-crowd feral protesters take anything he has to say with any legitimacy. And his call to deny Trump entry has thus far been laughed at. Just read his hyperbole, he is the epitome of all that is wrong in the world...

He promised to end Muslim immigration to the US. He wants to build a wall between
the US and Mexico and then charged the Mexicans to build it. He reached out to the Putin Regime, for goodness sake. He's threatened a trade war with China. He's promised to commit war crimes, including torture and extrajudicial killings in the Middle East. He wants to undo the deal that froze Iran's nuclear program. He believes that climate change is a conspiracy created by China.

nick-mckim.greensmps.org.au...#

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Source has a paywall so unable to contribute based on my own interpretation of article but the term "character grounds" in your quoted content is subjective so who gets to define that?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I dont think the Greens have a leg to stand on.

www.theaustralian.com.au... a017bf61f72fc86

Tasmanian Liberal Senator Eric Abetz blasted the Greens attempt to block visits from foreign leaders whose views they disagreed with as a “childish move” which showed they had “completely lost the plot.”
“In the space of six months, we’ve had Senator Lee Rhiannon praise evil and murderous tyrant Fidel Castro as an inspiration to now having the Greens seeking to block the democratically elected President of the United States from coming to Australia,” he said.
“The Greens have also previously proactively invited the likes of Peruvian dictator Hugo Chavez to Australia.” “This bizarre approach to seeking to shut out and block anyone who doesn’t share their world view shows the absolute intolerance on constant display from the Australian Greens.” “I’m just hopeful that Bill Shorten and Labor can find it within themselves to vote against their partners in the Greens on this silly proposal,” Senator Abetz concluded. The proposal was swiftly condemned by former Labor Foreign Minister Bob Carr on Sky News who said it failed to comprehend the mechanics of international diplomacy.

en.wikipedia.org...
Visa exemptions

Special purpose visa[edit] A special purpose visa is a visa exemption given by operation of law to certain non-citizens in Australia to whom standard visa and immigration clearance arrangements do not apply. It effectively exempts certain persons from the normal processes for entry into Australia. These include members of the Royal Family and the members of the Royal party, guests of Government, SOFA forces members including civilian component members, Asia‑Pacific forces members, Commonwealth forces members, foreign armed forces dependents, foreign naval forces members, airline positioning crew members and airline crew members, eligible transit passengers, persons visiting Macquarie Island, eligible children born in Australia and Indonesian traditional fishermen visiting the Territory of Ashmore and Cartier Islands

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Seriously, Australia is playing with fire here. There is no limit to the possibilities of what the Trump administration could do over this situation.

Well he did 1 great thing for us...the TPP is dead. This is much ado about nothing. Heads of State usually get exemptions

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Yeah..I had to do my own digging - why is it that some OPS link to "pay only sites". The standard's on this site are really incongruous with the "deny ignorance" catch phrase

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
The standard's on this site are really incongruous with the "deny ignorance" catch phrase

I've wondered that myself.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Its the Green party dude, this party has 3 seats in the senate and represents about 1% of the country.

Most Aussies are now pro Trump, those who were vehemently anti Trump now seem to have shut up.

I can guarantee that if Trump came to visit us Down Under he would get a rousing reception.
Hed get protesters as well but our protesters dont have the same sense of entitlement that the US ones do so its generally quite safe.

This wont pass parliament and its just some political nobody trying to get some press coverage

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Why wouldn't we let him come? Trump is so much fun.

The greens are nothing more than a bunch of idiotic tree hugging hippies anyways. If they had their way, we would have no immigration controls and no border security.

I call fake news on them

edit on 8-2-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah..I had to do my own digging - why is it that some OPS link to "pay only sites". The standard's on this site are really incongruous with the "deny ignorance" catch phrase

I too got the pay to view screen, but when I googled the title of the thread, it linked to the same article without it. I think it may be due to it being linked from ATS.. Can't say for sure, but I compared the URL in the OP to the one I could read without hindrance and they were the same...

Still a pain, but still I would rather have found other references to the topic than rely on an OP link anyway, not saying I doubted it, but just to confirm and compare..

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Why wouldn't we let him come? Trump is so much fun.

The greens are nothing more than a bunch of idiotic tree hugging hippies anyways. If they had their way, we would have no immigration controls and no border security.

I call fake news on them

Heyyy, don't be so mean to idiotic tree hugging hippies. lol. I'd rather have a dude camp in a tree so it's not cut down due to council demands, than a bunch of feral university drop outs wearing che geavara t-shirts screaming for tolerance and acceptance while spitting at people, instigating violence and throwing urine filled water balloons at old people.

Ahhh yes, One Nation... those were the days..

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Are you kidding? This PROVES that the entire world HATES Trump (and most imortantly rightfully so)!

edit on 8-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

The Greens will move an amendment today aimed at cancelling the visas and deporting foreign heads of state and governments in a move directed at new US President Donald Trump.

god damn hippies...
These people are morons, not to many people pay attention to their gibber jabber.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I just told this story to a friend and her reply was "bullshyte!!! I thought the greens wanted to make it so anyone can come to Australia?"

The Greens are a joke, theyre the closest thing we have in OZ to SJWs

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Trumpy was only in Australia a few years ago....for some overacheivers money grabbing seminar or something.
You know, when he grabbed Jennifer Hawkins junk, and asked her for a coffee.....

The Oz Greens are dimwits, voted by equal dimwits, they hold little value to most Australians, how they are actually in Govt boggles the mind........Beside, Trumpy can stay with Pauline.......She has a special little place for him to relax....

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Our Liberal green party is as loopy as your liberals.

Parties like the Greens and your Democrats are the reason why the pendulums swinging Right, we have our own Donald Pauline Hanson shes getting alot of support now.

But anyways down with the Liberal establishment I say.

Under Di Natale, the Greens have continued their long and steady march through our institutions, pushing a so-called Safe Schools program into our classrooms. This is deep Green social engineering. The original program counselled teachers that it is “heterosexist” to refer to students as girls and boys and expected young children to role-play as LGBTI adults. The program is the work of Safe Schools Coalition Victoria co-founder Roz Ward, who resigned from her Victorian government advisory role yesterday. Ward has openly admitted the program is part of a broader Marxist strategy to change society. It has nothing to do with discouraging bullying in schools and everything to do with introducing queer politics into the classrooms of 11-year-old children.

Senator Abetz said the public viewed the party not as "benign environmentalists", but a hard-left movement bent on "Marxist social engineering".

The full Greens agenda amounts to a massive bid to re-engineer and regulate virtually every aspect of Australian economic, political, social and private life. It’s a blatant power-grab by a narrow, zealous elite — a self-appointed fun police who want to ban junk food ads from children’s TV and lions from circuses.

Source
edit on 8-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I can't remember the last time I saw the Greens hug a tree, in fact if they hugged more tree's they would be grounded and down to Earth. I have been approached by Labor & the Liberals prior to elections by marketing companies. Never once have we or our friends been approached by the Greens for our views. So I dont know what "grassroots" process they talk about - certainly not the electorate's - when was the last time their members knocked on doors?

This is from their website:
greens.org.au...

The Australian Greens policy platform, most recently reviewed in 2015, establishes the principles and aims of the party. These policies underpin all initiatives and bills developed by our members of parliament and are reviewed every three years by the membership of the Greens in a grassroots process

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

.She has a special little place for him to relax....

Trump and Pauline , jeez imagine the ranga that would come out of that .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join