It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does America Still Exist Without Border Control?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

There you go, thats the kind of border I would like to see more of!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: namelesss

What does spiritual growth have to do with national security?

I was using that as a metaphor.
It can easily be argued that the 'nation' is a metaphor for the citizen inhabitant.

Monks do their studies within the walls of temples.

Priceless antiquities exist through safeguarding.

I'm not against spiritual growth, but frankly none of that happens without a safe space (oh that phrase) with which to practice within.

Oddly enough, I have never heard tales of Enlightenment happening within monastic walls.
Yes, there has been an instance or two, but also people have been sitting on the crapper and have become Enlightenment there also.
Buddha sat under a tree, exposed to all.
He did not hide his Light under a basket, which is what the monastics seem to be doing.

One leads to another if ya know what I mean.

But we are talking about building a wall around 'our' (Trump's and Gates's...) wealth, a wall that keeps us in and others out.
We are not safeguarding the crown jewels, we are frightened, gullible bunnies who are so afraid of those who we are told to fear, that we will allow any retrograde, devolutionary waste of time and money, like that idiot wall!
Such walls have NEVER ended well, and neither will this one!
(Neither will anything that the Trump does, it seems...)

Just pay attention, it is so clear.
Just count your tax money building and maintaining and manning the white elephant... (Yeah, Mexico will pay for it! You Trumpians should have quit l'Enfant Orange after that lie manifested into US/Our 'tax' money! The tiny hands are still waving in distraction as the lips are moving...)
IF the courts lets him do this, at all.
We'll see...

The way foreward is not the same way into the imaginary past!
Walls are devolutionary, bridges are evolutionary.
Read the writing on the wall... *__-

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Metallicus

On the first issue why do people have a problem on a temporary ban while we review and implement stronger vetting procedures? Given what is happening in Europe it is only logical we tighten our processes to better adapt to a post 9/11 world.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Ben Franklin

No U.S. citizen is giving up any Liberty. Nice try though.

The bill of rights applies to all HUMANS within the country and those trying to enter the country.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

To answer the question in your title. I don't see why not. There are very diverse cultures between Americans. Look at California and Texas for example. Yet those two cultures haven't been destroying each other even though there's no internal borders for people between the states.

A national identity is formed through having a jurisdiction for your laws, not by having barriers that keep people out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join