It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where and how to meet people with similar interests? (Online and in person?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
How can I meet (talk to) people online/in person about magic/paranormal/pseudoscience?

Can (how?) I use Facebook to meet people with similar interests?

Where else can I meet them?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Google Meet Ups in your area.

That should do it.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gell1234

Right here on ATS. Perhaps other forums. Look for Facebook groups. Look for interesting stuff on Instagram and follow the people who post it. Find a Youtube channel and follow it. Put yourself out there and you will meet people.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Thanks, I'll take a look now.

a reply to: Annee

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Don't suppose anybody knows of other conspiracy sites that don't get bogged down in politics?

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Don't suppose anybody knows of other conspiracy sites that don't get bogged down in politics?

A conspiracy is by its very nature political. You can't separate the two. Even if you got into some other issues, i.e: Paranormal only, it would take very strong moderation to keep politics out. I am on a couple of sites where politics is off topic. They have created an off topic board and channel political discussions there. Inevitably, politics still appears on the main boards, and moderators have to continually remove them.
edit on 2/3/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

no longer exist.

Most topics have been researched well or been confirmed as Hoax on this site. Try searching for something on this site, A discussion has already likely taken place.

If you are looking for nibiru and flat earth stuff look somewhere's else, Find a place where shizotypicals and schizophrenics find refuge. The debunking here is too fierce to let that stuff gain a foothold.

You could use reddit. If ATS was reddit it would be r/conspiracy r/technology r/futurology r/politics r/The_Donald

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

You can try 4chan, which does have a Paranormal board, but it is 4chan, sooo... that.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I don't know anything about your interests, but personally I find that the freenode IRC network has a channel for almost everything.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sent you a link on U2U.

You will be able to also find links to other sites there.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Annee's suggestion is pretty good, however 'Meet up's" can be very dogmatic, so take it with a grain of salt, but the meet up groups for camping and other outdoor things is actually really fun.

Another online that has been around for a very long time is AstralPulse

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Annee's suggestion is pretty good, however 'Meet up's" can be very dogmatic, so take it with a grain of salt, but the meet up groups for camping and other outdoor things is actually really fun.

Another online that has been around for a very long time is AstralPulse

Meet Ups are people who get together and form a group, then list it.

Totally depends on the people involved.

Sometimes you get lucky

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I've actually found that ironically enough, dating sites do seem to work. And, thanks to the latest generation of people on there, there's more people looking for friends on a dating site than people looking to date (then again, I should talk, as I found a charming person that happens to like all of this stuff).

Another option if you are in some states is to see if you have any local tour groups that do haunted tours or sleepovers. For example, I went down to the Randolph Asylum back in November, and to my surprise found that there were several people from MI. Not everyone was a believer, but there were enough people that did to make conversation happen. The additional plus is that when you go, at least one person will be interested. I can give you the name of the company I go through if you'd like via PM. Additionally, if you want, I can let you know the next time/place I'm planning to go on one of these tours.

One of the more unusual spots I've been able to strike up a conversation is in bookstores: If you find someone browsing the same section you are, you might be able to get a dialog going.

-fossilera

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So how do I find people on fb that I can friend and talk to and ask questions too?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

There tons of paranormal groups on FB. But very few are "local", and most have people posting pictures of dust orbs, then others come along and say then can sense an older man/a child/2 spirits etc. Just senseless driveby stuff, not for anyone serious about the paranormal

Meetup.com has local groups, activities etc. I joined a local paranormal investigation group from there years ago that went on to some degree of success. And more importantly, made some friends

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I keep a list of 'Local" Social Meetups... meetings usually in early evenings, not more than 10 miles...in a subgroup in my Google email account

www.meetup.com...

I have about 5 groups of interest to myself... I have not cultivated any friendships because I am stand-offish

psychic energy, NDEs, I can't name them all off hand, but it sure beats AA or NA meetings as a social staple

there's also the Seedy Side Meet-Ups on a local --> backpage.com listing in your area/location/town/city/ village...
I have a meet-up once a week going on for over 5 years now... but that's a different story
edit on th28148624395004322017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

hiii i want to do that also
could you find any way to talk with those people pls pls let me know
i want to do that also

top topics

join