It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is conceivable that there is a life-form more intelligent than us on the moon! Probable hive!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I have been pondering again, and i have thought of something that could be very possible, imo.

So humans have been evolving for a while now...

now humans are the most intelligent species on earth, but in a social context, they are way behind insects that have a hive mentality, or even animals of a herd for example, we are individuals that pick sides and compete, and yes that is why we have evolved further than anything we know of, in terms
of individuals. But in terms being a unit that look out for each other, we are behind.
Ants have been around since the dinosaurs and there is around the same amount of mass of ants on earth as humans. But we are much smarter than ants aren't we? Just not as a whole we are not, as a whole we are chaos compared to ants for example..
insects.about.com...

so where am i going with this?....

this article claims that the moon has been getting peppered with oxygen from earth for billions of year...
cosmosmagazine.com...

and now have proof of a microscopic animal (water bear) that can survive in the vacuum of space...
A European team of researchers sent a group of living tardigrades to orbit the earth on the outside of a FOTON-M3 rocket for ten days. When the water bears returned to Earth, the scientists discovered that 68 percent lived through the ordeal.
www.popularmechanics.com...

now these are relatively new findings, but if we have been peppering the moon with oxygen for BILLIONS of years, and we have found that animals can survive in space, it is possible that there has been intelligent life on the moon before we were walking upright on earth, and the likelihood is that they will be a hive, as they would only be able to evolve through a hive mentality in such conditions.

I would love to hear others views on my latest pondering.... Thanks

edit on 2-2-2017 by Davg80 because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

but if we have been peppering the moon with oxygen for BILLIONS of years, and we have found that animals can survive in space, it is possible that there has been intelligent life on the moon

That is one Hell of a leap. Microbes? Maybe. Intelligent life? No.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Still, would make for a great fiction story..

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

You know we've been to the Moon? And took rock samples. I'm pretty sure they were tested for lifeforms?
I don't know.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

now humans are the most intelligent species on earth,

You know that for sure ?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

you also need to consider evolution of humans and what we think we know, we have always believed we have knew all there is to know. But we will never know all there is to know, evolution sees to that, But if you believe that consciousness is real and it is intelligent, then consciousness can live in any conditions, anywhere.... period!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

No...lol

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Human life or even ant life is just one or two species out of untold numbers of species of living organisms on this planet past and present. Even the total catalog of living life on this planet currently is only 1% of the total life that has lived on this planet. To expect that a lone organism evolved on its own on the moon to the point of BETTER intelligence than humans is naive. If there was smarter life on the moon than us, we'd already know that there is life on the moon and would have known this for centuries if not millennia.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

well thats how religions are created is it not

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The moon has less protection from the interplanetary magnetic field . No internal dynamo to protect flegling fortuitous conections that may spawn life. If it did occur, the lack of gravity might prevent it from 'sticking'. The Moon is a strange thing though. Perfectly eclipsing our Sun. Maybe they're inside.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
it's certainly a novel idea, i'm sure there are plenty of ways ants could get themselves into the stratosphere and away, but the one thing i can't get away from is what would they eat up there?
they couldn't survive on a diet of nothing but moon cheese

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I'm with the OP on this speculation, but I wouldn't rest any hopes on the moon -- there are PLENTY of other potential habitats for biology in the Solar System, and we need to go and find out how far evolution has taken any life forms there. See my book foreword on this very subject, www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Moon first...if we can't even get there and explore why should we care about evolution on some other rock.

In fact evolution itself is more boring than the moon...an incomplete science that ensures no answers can be found......

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

i wouldn't say anyone is naive just because they pondered a thought that goes against tradition, i would say that's how we discover new things, im not for a minute saying this as true, im just putting an idea out there for debate and ultimately learn a few things myself.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

i wouldn't say anyone is naive just because they pondered a thought that goes against tradition, i would say that's how we discover new things, im not for a minute saying this as true, im just putting an idea out there for debate and ultimately learn a few things myself.

No you don't discover new things by pondering. That is just hypothesizing. You discover new things by testing and experimenting your hypotheses, but in the case of your hypothesis, it doesn't stand up to existing rules of evolution. So it isn't feasibly possible. Why should we consider your hypothesis when such a life form defies all known concepts of evolution? Especially with no evidence supporting the existence of this life form?

Sure it's great to ponder what could be, but one must also ground these thoughts with known facets of reality. Otherwise people will just casually dismiss you as a kook.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The Jupiter monolith vanished near the end of the Leonov mission.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Wow thanks for the input, much appreciated.
in the course of the billions of years of our solar system, to believe that it is only us that have evolved, and leave no other room for discussion, then i would consider this to be naive.
kudos on your work

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

there is no evidence to test many things that are believed to be true, like consciousness, god, spirits, the soul etc etc.
so what you are saying that anything that cannot be measured cannot be verified, and this is true, evolution will see us develop the means for testing if these things exist or don't exist, i believe.
This how we have always done things.
But thank you.
i learn more from the likes of you, as it challenges my way of thinking, which is ever changing, much like evolution.
you shouldn't get stuck in a set way of thinking, imo. Adaptability is the key component of evolution.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Humans are a stupid pathetic race compared to what I've heard from. Keep patting yourselves on the back you violent ignorant savages.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Haha, good one, my cat has better problem solving skills than most humans !!

originally posted by: frenchfries

now humans are the most intelligent species on earth,

You know that for sure ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join