It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump makes unannounced trip to honor fallen Navy SEAL

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: GuidedKill

Ummm...Well played Mr president...

Lets make every effort to keep it to just this one fallen soldier...

I think there have been way too many moments of silence...so many in fact that the quiet roars...

That roar the compilation of voices we can no longer hear...of Fathers and Mothers...of Brothers and Sisters who took that final walk...and who leave us behind with the inconsolable truth that we sent them and allowed them to be sent...for no damned good reason...

Perhaps if we could all just take a moment to see ourselves reflected in the eyes of those who bear this ultimate burden...those left behind like a step from one slice of time into the next long moment...

I'm sorry that I wax thus...it just strikes a chord...a chord whose tone should never have been rung...let no more bells toll for fallen friends whose time unjustly came...

They walked on ahead...we sorrowful fell behind...

YouSir

Well said!

Thus the reasons I mentioned the whores of government who have made a very comfortable living off of selling death to not only those you spoke of but those whom were killed in the name of promoting "Democracy"!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: interupt42

Interesting contrast compared to the last Clinton unannounced trip that was on a tarmac with the Attorney General ,during the Hillary ongoing criminal investigation days before being dismissed.

I hope Trump actually realise these are real men with Family that we send out to war. Enough so to not risk their life for some corporation bottom line unlike the previous ones we have had.

No, he's fighting Terrorists, not some freedom fighter trying to protect his homeland from the Glaobalists.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Class act Mr. President!!! Didn't even want it reported in MSM.

He didn't want it reported in the MSM? Then why'd he arrange to have journalists there? It's a nice gesture and I'm glad he did it. No reason to make it something it isn't though.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Then why'd he arrange to have journalists there?

How exactly do you make an unannounced visit, but arrange to have journalists there? It is no longer unannounced at that point.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Al-CIAeda base?

GIP'da base.

AQ/ISIS same animal is solely owned and operated by Saudi Arabia and it's GIP.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

He didn't want it reported in the MSM? Then why'd he arrange to have journalists there? It's a nice gesture and I'm glad he did it. No reason to make it something it isn't though.

If you had bothered to read the article, instead of finding anything to comment negatively on you would have seen

Trump's trip to Delaware's Dover Air Base was shrouded in secrecy. The president and his daughter, Ivanka, departed the White House in the presidential helicopter with their destination unannounced. A small group of journalists traveled with Trump on the condition that the visit was not reported until his arrival.

You and people like you who dont care enough to even read an article before jumping on the ''i must ridicule this man'' train are pathetic and are the reason that the US has been in in a downward spiral this past 16yrs.

If you arent part of the solution you're part of the problem, pull your head out of your a55 occasionally to see the reality going on around you.

Edit to add:

The sailor's family had requested that Trump's visit and the return of Owens' remains be private.

perhaps that adds a little more to your comment:

No reason to make it something it isn't though

theantediluvian

edit on 1/2/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It had to be unannounced.

Otherwise Soros would send in his rioters to protest Westboro Baptists style.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Nailed it!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Just a observation.

This is something presidents to, they turn up to watch the coffins of the fallen arrive back home. Its symbolic, gains a few votes and conveys sympathy. They all do it, show respect for the fallen.

The problem however is that with everything Trump does the story becomes Trump focused and political, this is not a story about a SEAL coming home its a story about a controversial president being their when he does.

Kind of sad in a way, if literally everything Trump does ends up in a debate in the media about what a moron he is stories like this lose some of their meaning.

For the record i hate trump but I think even people like me have to respect the office of president and the traditions such as this that go with it with out turning it into a "Trump is a evil baby killing monster" debate.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Just a observation.

This is something presidents to, they turn up to watch the coffins of the fallen arrive back home. Its symbolic, gains a few votes and conveys sympathy. They all do it, show respect for the fallen.

The problem however is that with everything Trump does the story becomes Trump focused and political, this is not a story about a SEAL coming home its a story about a controversial president being their when he does.

Kind of sad in a way, if literally everything Trump does ends up in a debate in the media about what a moron he is stories like this lose some of their meaning.

For the record i hate trump but I think even people like me have to respect the office of president and the traditions such as this that go with it with out turning it into a "Trump is a evil baby killing monster" debate.

Did you make an ATS post against Hillary Clinton when she stood their and lied while standing in front of the coffins of the fallen who died for her mistakes in Benghazi?

No you didn't !

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump is making an unannounced trip to honor the returning remains of a U.S. Navy SEAL killed during a weekend raid on an Al Qaeda base in Yemen.

Al-CIAeda base?

Thats what theyre calling a home in which the Seals entered and then proceeded to kill everyone inside?

Including men, women and children.

First raid under Trump results in 30 civilians killed, including 10 women and children.

"The operation began at dawn when a drone bombed the home of Abdulraoof al-Dhahab and then helicopters flew up and unloaded paratroopers at his house and killed everyone inside,"...

Not the least of which was this 8 year old American girl.

For shame. Absolutely shameful.

War is hell, I believe General Sherman said during the Civil War.
You do know that this raid was planned by the Obama administration months ago correct?
But Trump did sign off on it.
Here is a website explaining who the people in that house were, I will give you a clue....Radical Islamic Terrorists
english.alarabiya.net...
And that is not an American girl, it was the terrorist's daughter....I am sorry that she was killed but again, war is hell.
And maybe you also know that these terrorist cowards have been known to shield themselves with women and children correct? Also they send the women and children with bombs strapped to themselves to kill innocent people, maybe you have heard that correct?
I will use a Trumpism here...these are some bad hombres we are dealing with that need to taken out at all costs, hopefully without any civilian losses but you just have to deal with it if it happens.
edit on 1-2-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump is making an unannounced trip to honor the returning remains of a U.S. Navy SEAL killed during a weekend raid on an Al Qaeda base in Yemen.

Al-CIAeda base?

Thats what theyre calling a home in which the Seals entered and then proceeded to kill everyone inside?

Including men, women and children.

First raid under Trump results in 30 civilians killed, including 10 women and children.

"The operation began at dawn when a drone bombed the home of Abdulraoof al-Dhahab and then helicopters flew up and unloaded paratroopers at his house and killed everyone inside,"...

Not the least of which was this 8 year old American girl.

For shame. Absolutely shameful.

What was she doing in a terrorist camp?

I know she's young but still a dumb move.

Oh? Her parents were terrorists you say?

Yeah, bummer.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Soldiers w/o uniform embedding with their families...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Just a observation.

Well, if it was my son that was killed, I would be very happy if even a general would show up let alone the president of the USA.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Take your kid to terrorist camp day.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Could someone please explain to me why there isn't widespread anger at trump's comment about only liking vets who didn't get caught.

You should all feel absolutely disgusted by it. It's one of the worst things I've ever heard anyone say. Literally as disrespectful as one can possibly be.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Godspeed to the fallen one. We will never let you be forgotten for your sacrifice. Be at peace, brother.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

The trip was not on Trump's public schedule. A small group of journalists traveled with Trump on the condition that the visit was not reported in advance.

FOXNEWS

?????

He took a "group" of Journalists with him?

Not having it announced in advance was likely for security reasons...He tends to get protestors everywhere he goes now.

And while Trump LOVES to "appear" a class act...

the Owens' family requested privacy

But he took a group of journalists anyways?
www.latimes.com...

No doubt the meeting went something like...
TRUMP: "I am deeply sorry for your loss..(Brief Silence)...Did you see the HUGE, Record Breaking crowds at my inauguration? It was amazing!"

I also wonder if the family asked why Trump didn't scrub the mission once the element of surprise was blown?

Or why Trump thought the Chief Editor of Trumps favorite Fake News site and his daughter's husband were qualified to be in on the decision that cost their son's life? Bannon and Kushner.

WHY didn't Trump scrub the mission once they knew the element of surprise was blown

Al Qaeda fighters were somehow tipped off to the stealthy advance toward the village — perhaps by the whine of American drones that local tribal leaders said were flying lower and louder than usual.

Through a communications intercept, the commandos knew that the mission had been somehow compromised, but pressed on toward their target roughly five miles from where they had been flown into the area.
“They kind of knew they were screwed from the beginning,” one former SEAL Team 6 official said.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 3-2-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

He took a group of journalists who agreed to keep it quiet...If he would have abandoned the entire press core they would have crucified him anyway....You people can't have you cake and eat it too....Sheesh enough already. Don't worry when he does something I don't agree with i'll be the first to say it. Just as you should say this was a nice, quiet, respectful job by President Trump....

Now onto the real time decision to call off a military strike....

Well if you knew anything about well anything you would know that real time intelligence and battle situations are fluid and change all the time on the ground. How those changes are handled are up to a very limited group of people from maybe one General or two down to the CENTCOM and down to the officers and leaders on the ground..President Trump would not be involved in ANY real time on the ground decisions...

He may watch is on screen from the comfort of the white house but that's about as far as President Trump would be involved...

President Trump.......let that sink in....I know you hate it but I in fact love it....PRESIDENT TRUMP....LMAO

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
a reply to: Indigo5

He took a group of journalists who agreed to keep it quiet...If he would have abandoned the entire press core they would have crucified him anyway....

Yes...He is always worried about the press being offended?

Don't worry when he does something I don't agree with i'll be the first to say it.

Nothing personal...but I am not worried about what you agree with...I don't wait for you (whoever you are) to say something?

Just as you should say ....

you might have a delusion issue...I will say what I say..

The FAMILY requested privacy..Trump took journalists anyways so it would get reported...And pretended the lack of pictures and video was him being "classy", when it was the family that requested it.

Now onto the real time decision to call off a military strike....

He is incompetent...so incompetent he had a Fake News Editor and his daughters husband sit in on the decision...

Despite knowing the mission was blown he didn't call it off..

Al Qaeda fighters were somehow tipped off to the stealthy advance toward the village — perhaps by the whine of American drones that local tribal leaders said were flying lower and louder than usual.

Through a communications intercept, the commandos knew that the mission had been somehow compromised, but pressed on toward their target roughly five miles from where they had been flown into the area.
“They kind of knew they were screwed from the beginning,” one former SEAL Team 6 official said.

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join