It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad in hospital?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I caught a couple of tweets today suggesting Assad had fallen sick and was in hospital.
My mind immediately went conspiracy mode to ponder if he'd been poisoned right under Russia's nose...

Theres no info i can find that definitively proves anything accept a couple of random tweets and a rumour he had a stroke

stroke

Anyone heard anything?

edit on 29/1/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If this is true then Syria has fallen.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
"Perfect" Timing and so "coincidental".

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I found this in the Tweeterverse.
english.alarabiya.net...
They are denying it though. So who knows.

edit on 29-1-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Take your pick.

He's been shot, shot in the head by his own bodyguard, had a heart attack, or a stroke, a brain tumor, is in the hospital in Beruit, no in Damascus, or he's fine.

At this point, I'm personally leaning towards this being wild rumor.
edit on 1/29/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Pollonium poisoning no doubt. Big oil wins again.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Bloody hell, the theories on this could get a bit wild, get the tin foil ready.

I really hope for what is left of Syria it is not true...

RA

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Jusging by my quick research this is fake news.

the source is one lebanese paper that retracted the story and one lebanese paper that did not retract.. And then a saudi source claiming the russians said it which would be ridiculous all unnamed sources..

Lebanese people may not like Assad.

civil war saw Syrian troops occupy lebanon from daddy Assad. They made relations in 2008, but in 2005 many lebanese people believe Syria assassinated their leader, and the new leader of lebanon started relations with Syria that same year..

The Syrian civil war has had strong effects on lebanon and Syria has made demangs of them.

Anyway that's the source ONE lebanese newspaper from unnamed sources..

I think it's made up..

Assad is winning so you know try and demoralize the troops.. Remember that recent coup in Turkey? And our media made all these claims about their leader? Propaganda in uncertain times to lessen the resolve.

edit on 29-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Too bad; I'll send a card.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
How very convenient for this story to "break" as victory against the terrorists draws ever closer.

Fake news. Circulating a rumour in a pathetic attempt to demoralise the soldiers and people of Syria. I think we can expect to see President Assad in public shortly.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'd expect the Syrian regime to deny reports regardless...

There's a few differing accounts.. he had a stroke or he was shot by a body guard..

Id not put it past the CIA/Obama admin knocking him off in their final days just to throw a spanner in the works, after all it was their ultimate goal.. they knew ISIS had been defeated so might as well take him out anyway.

I'll remain on the fence until he's seen in public or gives a speech but the next 48hours could be telling.
edit on 29/1/17 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

No kidding, this guy has been sick, dead or dying as much or more than Nelson Mandela (depending on timeline).

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: Zaphod58

No kidding, this guy has been sick, dead or dying as much or more than Nelson Mandela (depending on timeline).

Yeah its the same old CIA propaganda. Or maybe someone else took a page from the CIA handbook. Im going with the CIa since as of late they have been in high gear with unsubstantiated reports.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Not saying this is the case, but there have been times when fake reports like this have been propagated to motivate the person in question to make a public appearance of some kind proving the reports wrong to create an opportunity to collect intelligence on that person.

Never know for sure.
edit on 29-1-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: everyone

Not saying this is the case, but there have been times when fake reports like this have been propagated to motive the person in question to make a public appearance of some kind proving the reports wrong to create an opportunity to collect intelligence on that person.

Never know for sure.

That is a very good point. I'm more intrigued now actually

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I wonder if this is true, it is always possible that things like this can happen. I wouldn't rule out poisoning yet either till we hear what the hospital tests reveal.

Maybe it is real, maybe not.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I'd expect the Syrian regime to deny reports regardless...

There's a few differing accounts.. he had a stroke or he was shot by a body guard..

Id not put it past the CIA/Obama admin knocking him off in their final days just to throw a spanner in the works, after all it was their ultimate goal.. they knew ISIS had been defeated so might as well take him out anyway.

I'll remain on the fence until he's seen in public or gives a speech but the next 48hours could be telling.

"Stroke of bad luck" may cover it either way.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Case of "lead poisioning" perhaps? lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I hope not, but I would say the stress is getting to him.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Conspiracy Theory:

Assad will be "pronounced" dead soon.

He has been moved out of the Middle East to a safe haven.

He's got enough money.

Possibly a Russian resort safe haven where he will live anonymously in comfort.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join