It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's Muslim ban excludes countries in which he has business ties

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

In the 40 years to 2015, not a single American was killed on US soil by citizens from any of the seven countries targeted - Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen - according to research by the conservative-leaning Cato Institute.

But the same research shows that in the same period nearly 3000 Americans were killed by citizens of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Turkey — most victims of the September 11 attacks.

And oops, wouldn't you know it, Trump has multimillion-dollar business operations in all those countries.

SOURCE

Who else would want to have been a fly on the wall when the countries for Trump's immigration ban were chosen? I can imagine the comments.

"I wouldn't want to upset my good friend ________, let's leave that country off the list."

Alex Jones would have been all over this story if a left-leaning POTUS had done anything like this. In fact, this would have been posted here as a thread by now if it were done by a left-leaning POTUS.

This is exactly why we need to see Trump's tax returns. There could be potential conflicts of interest lurking that even the best investigative journalist could never find.

President Trump has signed an executive order that bans citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East from entering the United States for 90 days, according to the White House. His proposed list doesn’t include Muslim-majority countries where his Trump Organization has done business or pursued potential deals. Properties include golf courses in the United Arab Emirates and two luxury towers operating in Turkey.

Trump’s Immigration Ban Excludes Countries With Business Ties

edit on 28-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen

These countries and not exactly hotbeds of commerce.

The reason the Saudis are allowed in - the petrodollar.

So its either let the saudis in, or the entire country collapses overnight.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Protests at many airports NOW! 'Let them go! Let them go! they are chanting by the thousands!

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You would think that Saudi Arabia would be one of those countries. I don't think anyone in both parties would want to go there though.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CHONGO
Protests at many airports NOW! 'Let them go! Let them go! they are chanting by the thousands!

I saw video of some of the news reports, saying there were hundreds would not even be correct. Maybe thirty or forty in the videos I saw.

Are you counting the times they say let them go.

edit on 28-1-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CHONGO

What airports where, and who do they want let go?
Source?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

In the 40 years to 2015, not a single American was killed on US soil by citizens from any of the seven countries targeted - Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen - according to research by the conservative-leaning Cato Institute.

I was almost killed in Iran. While I lived ... two of my friends did not.
Almost 50 members of my unit were killed or injured by an Iraqi SCUD missile.
Black Hawk Down ... based on fiction?
A fella I briefly knew named John Granville ... Sudan.

Those are off the top of my head. Your source sucks!! They kill us where they can.

edit on 2812017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You would think that Saudi Arabia would be one of those countries. I don't think anyone in both parties would want to go there though.

I was thinking the same. I would like to see Saudi Arabia on that lists but I don't think ANYONE has balls big enough to do that.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Which countries do most RADICAL ISLAMIC TEERORISTS in 2017 live? Where is ISIS , El Nusra, Al Qaeda at the moment?

In those countries.

It's not a hypocritical ban on all Muslims. It's a ban on countries where they (terror organisations) have overtly (as part of refugee movements) sent in operatives to infiltrate, recruit and perform acts of terror.

You people need to stop attacking Trump for the sake of it and instead think his actions through from start to end logically first.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I was almost killed in Iran. While I lived ... two of my friends did not.
Almost 50 members of my unit were killed or injured by an Iraqi SCUD missile.
Black Hawk Down ... based on fiction?
A fella I briefly knew named John Granville ... Sudan.

Those are off the top of my head. Your source sucks!! They kill us where they can.

Maybe American soldiers shouldn't have been in those places, then.

And those people you knew weren't killed on US soil.

Just sayin'

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

It's just so obviously racist. You have several middle eastern nations who have never had a problem in the US being banned and you have several middle eastern nations who have had problems in the US but aren't being banned.

What is the criteria for his picks? Why didn't he tell us why those nations and not the others? It's because this has nothing to do with American safety. Why not Canada? I'm sure there's been a Canadian or two who's started trouble here, why not ban them?

Not to mention, it's not even an immigration ban, it's a travel ban. There are people who are legal residents of America not able to return home because of this. It's so beyond #ed up.
edit on 28-1-2017 by Abysha because: totally wrong word

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with that. It's actually smart. Those countries could see that now as a sign of good intentions.

Better than invade them
edit on 28-1-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
At least he doesn't own any military contractors.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Iran just banned Americans

www.cnn.com...

— Iran is carefully studying US President Donald Trump's executive order limiting immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries and will take legal, political and reciprocal measures accordingly, Iran's Foreign Affairs Ministry announced Saturday.

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif didn't specify what those measures would be, but he affirmed in a tweet that anyone with a valid visa would be welcomed.

"Unlike the U.S., our decision is not retroactive. All with valid Iranian visa will be gladly welcomed. #MuslimBan 7/7" he wrote.

Unlike the US at least Iran will honor existing visas that were already granted

This will likely cause big big problems.

Other Muslims countries may retaliate against the US. They dam sure should.

Its becoming clear Trump is stupid as well as immoral and as well as an arch liar

This is an evil despicable human being who may bring the whole world down

will he sling nukes like he does thing like this

we warned you

edit on 28-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Iran just banned Americans

www.cnn.com...

— Iran is carefully studying US President Donald Trump's executive order limiting immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries and will take legal, political and reciprocal measures accordingly, Iran's Foreign Affairs Ministry announced Saturday.

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif didn't specify what those measures would be, but he affirmed in a tweet that anyone with a valid visa would be welcomed.

"Unlike the U.S., our decision is not retroactive. All with valid Iranian visa will be gladly welcomed. #MuslimBan 7/7" he wrote.

Unlike the US at least Iran will honor existing visas that were already granted

This will likely cause big big problems.

Other Muslims countries may cause retaliate against the US. They dam sure should.

Oh no! I can't go visit Iran. I'll have to make other plans now. Lol

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Yeah but its the US who started all this mess.

They should look at themselves.

Before the war in Iraq or Syria there was no problem

Not only that, look at Turkey where the last terror incident was someone from Uzbekistan.

Look at Egypt they have a whole range of ISIS terrorist in the Sinai Peninsula.

Look at Pakistan, they probably have the worst.

Therefore, your logic is illogical

edit on 28-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Whatever goodwill the US cultivated over the last 8 years was decimated in the last 7 days. I wouldn't be surprised to see other countries begin to ban entrance to American travelers.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

It's just so obviously racist. You have several middle eastern nations who have never had a problem in the US being banned and you have several middle eastern nations who have had problems in the US but aren't being banned.

What is the criteria for his picks? Why didn't he tell us why those nations and not the others? It's because this has nothing to do with American safety. Why not Canada? I'm sure there's been a Canadian or two who's started trouble here, why not ban them?

Not to mention, it's not even an immigration ban, it's a travel ban. There are people who are legal citizens of America not able to return home because of this. It's so beyond #ed up.

No, legal citizens of the US are not being prevented from returning home. Citizens from those countries listed are prevented from travelling to the US.

From the OP:

President Trump has signed an executive order that bans citizens from seven Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East from entering the United States for 90 days, according to the White House.

And just to add, nationality does not equal race. It isn't racist. It has nothing to do with what race a person is, but it does have to do with what country they come from. Are you really trying to say there is only one race of people in those countries?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Whatever goodwill the US cultivated over the last 8 years was decimated in the last 7 days. I wouldn't be surprised to see other countries begin to ban entrance to American travelers.

Aiding rebels to overthrow Assad sure helped stabilize the Country... ?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There are 57 Muslim countries. I doubt has has business interests in all of the remaining 50.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join