It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic Horror and existentialism Rick and Morty Style.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Existentialism...your choice. (The English language is f**d up).

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

S&F love Rick & Morty. So few flags... **urp** they just don't get it Sol... they **urp**... they can't handle the total destruction of their **urp** world view.
edit on 1/28/17 by Ksihkehe because: for the lulz

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Yup thought it would philosophical and funny but my thread is turning out to be as pathetic as Jerry.
Wuba Luba dub dub.....burp
edit on 28-1-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I Love each and everyone of you just a little more now because of this moment we have shared.

Yeah, let's knock this into 12th gear!

Maybe our reality is just really the filler for " Two Brothers ".

Honestly, I've loved Rick and Morty since I saw it the 1st time, it just hit on everything I love about human creativity and the way you can mesh some really deep thinking into some really insanely funny shows.

I have always viewed us as specks of dust in a desert of action, maybe that's why it relates to us so much, because we see things for what they are and therefor are able to recognize that and laugh at it at the sametime feeling a tiny bit depressed that we even are aware of such a vast concept.

Also gives hope for a lot more to come after this life.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Squanch. That's all. Just squanch.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
In the beginning, the adversary's goal was to trick humankind into a shamed existence - and society has been wearing clothes ever since. The episode "M. Night Shaym Aliens" is the artist's view on these Archons. Our natural state is higher than these Archons - Which is why Rick ultimately out-smarts these aliens that have trapped him in their matrix. It is through knowledge that Rick is able to rise out of the matrix and destroy these alien parasites. They cannot bear the site of a naked human because they consume the energy from the unnatural artificial way of humans (exemplified by the invention of Rick's dark matter) - through these means humans give the archons power, but the simple nakedness of a human is unapproachable by these malevolent forces.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

That settles it,

No moar clothes in public...

Police Officer: " Sir, you're going to have to put some clothes on "

Me: " NEVAH! You'll never feed off me anymore! "

Police Officer: ( Talks into his comm ) " Ummm, Dispatch, we got a 5150, send the men in white "

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Rickpotion 9 was the episode that really shook me up. Morty witnessing his own alternate selfs body and having to bury it. Watching that his family was fighting the same way but they were not his real family and the music and the look of shock all juxtoposed against Rick who deals with it so casually like he is use to it. I feel we were supposed see our selves through Morty during this seen. How would any of us deal with having to bury a body that for all intent purpose was us and then blend into a world almost like what we left but having the knowledge it was not the same. I feel if I was put in such a Situation I would be in shock as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Some Cosmic Horrors are my best pals.

Yeah looking at you Mr. Cthulhu.....

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

That settles it,

No moar clothes in public...

Police Officer: " Sir, you're going to have to put some clothes on "

Me: " NEVAH! You'll never feed off me anymore! "

Police Officer: ( Talks into his comm ) " Ummm, Dispatch, we got a 5150, send the men in white "

I actually drew a comic once of a Tarzan-like person peacefully emerging naked from his dwelling in the woods to communicate with the rest of humankind in the city only to be beaten and arrested to the applause of the general public for the incarceration of such a monster. Isn't it ironic that it is illegal to be our natural self in public? What does that say about our society?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Not only that, but that our own sexual attraction is used as a marketing and control ploy for a host of things.

I mean, a naked baby is normally seen as precious and cute.

A Naked fat man is seen as horrid, disgusting and perverted

A voluptuous naked women would been seen a beautiful, artistic and desirable to many even women.

3 depictions of the same thing, nudity all seen 3 different ways, but seems to be a negative bias towards naked men.

Very interesting leap into our mindsets for such to occur, certainly some underlying programing being seen.

Basically to get back to your point,

It says that our society is controlled by shame and greed, that you either fall into the shame part or the greed part.

<< 1   >>

join