It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's nominee to head CIA called for massive expansion of the Surveillance State.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
This is a joke, right?

So you're mad that Trump's guy is going to continue the exact same policies as Obama's guy?

Nothing every really changes in the intelligence agencies. They largely run themselves. I'd be surprised if POTUS or a the directors new 80% of what went on in those organisations.

If the shadow government really does exists, its members are of the intelligence community first and foremost.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: pirhanna

just make them follow the laws on the books now
we need eyes on terrorists we just need those eyes to have enough integrity to watch ONLY the terrorists

Well I dont totally disagree with that. But with 15 other intelligence agencies, I feel like we would be just fine eliminating the worst ones.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Trump's nominee to head CIA called for massive expansion of the Surveillance State.

Trump didn't build this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and peopel forget that guy named Snowden ?

How just how massive the surveilance state grew under the last guy?

Guess so.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The shadow government really does exist, it's not even a conspiracy.

It's all a part of the "Continity of Government" scam, which is basically "even if we screw everything up so bad that the country gets nuked or burns to the ground, we're still in power."

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Can we just shut down the nsa already? It's clearly not here to help the citizens.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Trump loves Big Brother. I guess all of his supporters also LOVE being spied on every minute of their digital lives.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

We need Rand Paul now more than ever!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The sad fact is if we outlaw the NSA from spying on U.S. citizens within our borders they will just have the Brits do it for them. The NSA has paid it's British counterpart over $150 million the last three years to upgrade it's electronic surveillance capabilities according to The Guardian newspaper.....I believe the Brits are the most Orwellian surveillance state in the world at this time and they have no legal constraints on spying on U.S. citizens and turning it over to the NSA.

www.offthegridnews.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

This is a joke, right?

So you're mad that Trump's guy is going to continue the exact same policies as Obama's guy?

Nothing every really changes in the intelligence agencies. They largely run themselves. I'd be surprised if POTUS or a the directors new 80% of what went on in those organisations.

If the shadow government really does exists, its members are of the intelligence community first and foremost.

~Tenth

They groom and select those, not them themselves. Hence the name "farm".
edit on 22-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Trump loves Big Brother. I guess all of his supporters also LOVE being spied on every minute of their digital lives.

Remember PRISM and the NSA getting busted for deliberately spying on US citizens, citizens who were not suspected of terrorism - average Joe was the target. Remember that?

Remember who was POTUS when that went down? Obamas supporters we're not impressed that he loved big brother so much to the point that he had no qualms deceiving the voters so as to allow such unconstitutional acts to occur.

Fast forward to 2017 and nothing's changed, I wouldn't concern yourself with outrage, what happens with population control is beyond the control of POTUSs, both past and present.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

This is a joke, right?

So you're mad that Trump's guy is going to continue the same policies as Obama's guy?

Day 2 and the "but Obama," has begun. Lol, but to be expected.

And yes, I am mad. I've been vocal about Obama and his doings, it's not a partisan thing. Trump seems to be going against his own word in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I remember reading an article in USA Today way back in the Clinton admin about the FBI using Predator(?) software to spy on the Mafia.Back then,I had a feeling if they could use it on them,why not us?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah, that's always a concern, but your source is The Atlantic.

Are there any other links with a little less left-wing bias?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Is this not the work of Trump supporters? Clearly there were other choices, no?

Yes there were, but they chose the Orange man, and then gloated, teasing the left about their loss. When the left, (and even some who don't align themselves) tried to warn them about Donald Trump, they called them snowflakes.

Now this is what you have. I am neither left, nor right but I have zero sympathy for them. They put this man in power, and he is going to show you how much he cares about you.

When he does, I want you to see what you have done so you can feel the shame you should rightfully feel. You did this. I want you to accept responsibility for putting this man into office, despite all the warnings from people who are clearly experienced with narcissist, and authoritarians.

I want you to see your fault and humble yourself. That's what I want, and I am sure there ar emany others who feel the same way.

Once humility is attained, then we can put this behind us and move forward to rebuilding the country.
edit on 22-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Trump didn't build this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and peopel forget that guy named Snowden ?

How just how massive the surveilance state grew under the last guy?

Guess so.

So it's Obamas fault.

Here we go folks.

Anything negative about Trump and his administration is Obama's and the liberals fault.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

that is the truth and its not just the brits and it works in reverse as well

link   
Obama allowed the largest expansion of the police state after running on a pledge to decrease it.

Then he punished whistle blower hero Snowden for exposing Obamas illegal spying and declined to pardon him.

link   
Now everybody will be ratting out everybody else; Shouldn't have called me names.....you know who you are!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
ECHOLON goes back to 1971 I would imagine by now all communications and metadata are monitored in real time,all this guy is requesting is that they legislate probably what they do already.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion
humble yourself???
who are you the iron sheik???

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join