It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump Trying to Start a Holy War?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

The Trumpster promised to remove Islam from the face of the Earth, so, yes.

Gonna need bigger guns, I guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Did any of you watch the prayer service on Sunday?

Pretty much every single faith was invited to give a prayer. I say Jewish, Sikh, and several others up there. I know an imam was invited, but I didn't catch if one was there or not.

Started with Native American, I believe.

They all were there as far as I could tell.

Even the atheist gal that talked about soup.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I thought the god references and prayers from conflicting religious leaders was the funniest thing I've watched in a long time.

Almost as ridiculous as 'God save the queen', an anthem I have never sung or ever will, seeing as I don't believe in any gods and I'm against a constitutional monarchy.

You didn't see when Obama did it, then, did you?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

No worries. It's all part of the show, and meaningless.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't watch Obama's inauguration, but I chuckle every time I hear US presidents say 'God save America' absolutely ridiculous, saving America is the job of government, when was the last time any god carried out say infrastructure improvements or whatever?!

Still, good for mild amusement though...God's lol

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Abysha

For an agnostic/atheist like Trump...

Why do you think that? Everything I've read has said Trump was raised Christian and is still Christian, albeit not a conventional or orthodox Christian.

I'm sure I'm not the only non-Christian who felt a bit less safe when listening to that.

What exactly was said that worries you?

I'm not challenging you... just trying to understand where you're coming from and why we see this so different.

He's culturally Christian but certainly doesn't demonstrate any of the values of a religious Christian. "Corinthians two"... I mean, the guy knows less about his bible than I do.

As far as what worries me? It's when a man like that claims to be the president of all Americans but then panders only to the Christians (and conservatives), it's a bit troubling. He's increasing the Christian right angst machine and can (and has a little already) easily direct that towards religious, sexual, and ethnic minorities. So yeah, it's worrisome.

The best thing about Christianity is that you are not judged if you can't quote the bible.

Right?

Unlike our "brothers" in islam where if you can't quote the koran you get shot in the head.

F'k pandering to anyone.

Does that piss you off?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure we're all going to be surprised by President Trump -- including himself. I have the very distinct feeling that something changed in Trump... or maybe "clicked" is a better word. I just hope it's in the best way -- not the worst.

You have no idea how much I am hoping for that reality. And you're right; we'll all find out together.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yep.

Spirit and actions count for more than words and show.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Abysha

a reply to: Abysha

For an agnostic/atheist like Trump...

Why do you think that? Everything I've read has said Trump was raised Christian and is still Christian, albeit not a conventional or orthodox Christian.

I'm sure I'm not the only non-Christian who felt a bit less safe when listening to that.

What exactly was said that worries you?

I'm not challenging you... just trying to understand where you're coming from and why we see this so different.

He's culturally Christian but certainly doesn't demonstrate any of the values of a religious Christian. "Corinthians two"... I mean, the guy knows less about his bible than I do.

As far as what worries me? It's when a man like that claims to be the president of all Americans but then panders only to the Christians (and conservatives), it's a bit troubling. He's increasing the Christian right angst machine and can (and has a little already) easily direct that towards religious, sexual, and ethnic minorities. So yeah, it's worrisome.

The best thing about Christianity is that you are not judged if you can't quote the bible.

Right?

Unlike our "brothers" in islam where if you can't quote the koran you get shot in the head.

F'k pandering to anyone.

Does that piss you off?

Does what piss me off?

Your justification of his weakness in his own professed faith? The fact that he's pandering to people far more religious than himself, knowing they will all overlook Cheeto Jesus's ignorance? Nope, just amused.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join