It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quick post - Where are we on coincidences?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I ask the question simply because a strange thing happened to my mother after my father passed away.

The bank account etc all had to move over in to her name. And 2 pins for bank cards had to be changed.

The 2 new pins she received (no she did not request them) turned out to be...

1) My father's birth year
2) My mother and fathers wedding anniversary.

It made remembering her new pins ultimately easy. But bizarre never the less.

Now... to me that's beyond a coincidence. But who knows... Where would you stand?

Edit : Only take my story as one example. Feel free to talk generally or post your own.

edit on 18-1-2017 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

They may have created them from the data as a courtesy .Some bank employees can be very attached and considerate to elderly customers . But as a precaution she should create her own pin #s

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

They may have created them from the data as a courtesy .Some bank employees can be very attached and considerate to elderly customers . But as a precaution she should create her own pin #s

Interesting. Would that be allowed? And she wasn't elderly. She had just turned 50. But it's a possibility if that's something banks would do. But I wouldn't think they would issue new pins based on sensitive information.

Pin numbers have since changed. This is going back some years.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

She should take it up with the bank . They have the answers she needs .

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I am a big believer that things happen for a reason.
There are many things beyond coincidence but trying to explain why is another story.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I can imagine that would be quite a surprise.

I would take the coincidence (?) and hold it in my heart as I have done with some strange things that have happened since my parents' passing over.
Well, there has been only one oddity (?) each but, they mean a lot to me and bring me some comfort.

I hope the situation brought your mother some happiness and some serenity, if she was finding those things difficult.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
well if it isnt a coincidence whats the significance? the universe willed a pin number to be a certain way? maybe whatever algorithm decides the new pin decides based on data thats been mined from your parents.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

i dont think there are any laws against looking at data. its all basically open source. companies buy peoples data all the time. if you put something on the internet its not private at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

i dont think there are any laws against looking at data. its all basically open source. companies buy peoples data all the time. if you put something on the internet its not private at all.

Would they actually be allowed to use that data for pins etc though? It seems risky on the banks part if it was deliberate.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I can imagine that would be quite a surprise.

I would take the coincidence (?) and hold it in my heart as I have done with some strange things that have happened since my parents' passing over.
Well, there has been only one oddity (?) each but, they mean a lot to me and bring me some comfort.

I hope the situation brought your mother some happiness and some serenity, if she was finding those things difficult.

I agree, the little things that can't be explained often bring comfort. As this did to her.

I just think it's bizarre really! It happened many years ago now so everything is fairly normal. But you don't forget the little things that occur when a loved one passes!

thanks for your reply

edit on 19-1-2017 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't know where "we" are on them, but I no longer believe most things are coincidence. That's not to say some aren't, but not most.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

they can use data for whatever they want. alot of our data i mined by companies and then they tailor our information to advertise their products in a way that we respond well too. im almost positive there are absolutely no restrictions to what a company can do with someones personal information.

new topics

top topics

join