It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange agrees to return to the US for prosecution

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Here's my thought / prediction on what will happen with Assange...

1. People forget that wikileaks existed long before Assange sought asylum in the Ecuadoran embassy in London. They've released 'leaked' information on a whole myriad of topics prior to the 2016 elections dating as far back as 2006. One of the most notable intelligence leaks is that of Edward Snowden. Further, the intelligence community doesn't really know for sure what Snowden has, and doesn't have. BUT, there is one thing they know; they know Assange is the only person Snowden has ever noted as giving information to. There are others, but they don't know who they are. So just getting the intel on Snowden alone would be the intelligence coup of the century.

2. The leaks published by wikileaks came from all over the place, not just one source. Western governments leak like sieves. Assange didn't mastermind the collection of all that information himself, he likely got most of it from somewhere, but where? Assange may not know all the players, but he likely knows where he got the intel. Wouldn't it be great for the intelligence community to get their hands on a guy like Assange and find out the sources for all these leaks, or just minimally where all these things are being aggregated?

So my prediction is this; Assange surrenders to the US. He gets tried in some kangaroo court and sentenced. He's swept off to some ultra-max type penitentiary where he is to serve in solitary confinement. But in reality, he never shows up (aside from media circus events). But rather he winds up in VA working for the CIA and the NSA under some kind of a protection program. After all, at very least, Assange is an intelligence GOLD MINE!!

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If his source is telling the truth.
If it can be proven.
If Assange is even willing to out his source

I know one thing that's proven.

Wikileaks has never published false data. So on that fact alone I am willing to lend more credibility to anything Assange says, seeing as he has helped expose the media for the corrupt, sensational, polarizing, propagandizing, partisan lie factory that it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Tman2135

You have a point in this age of greenscreens cgi and body doubles who knows whether hes alive or dead now that the election is over however his usefulness is over.

A lot of people are pointing to the Grand Moff Tarkin CGI in Rogue One as proof of concept. I think that is a bit shy of true photorealism, but you have to consider that the government/military always has tech decades ahead of what is available to the public, so they could very well have the tech to manufacture the interviews "Assange" has conducted recently.

Debate seems to stem from morphing errors on things like his face or shirt collar. Some are indicating these are glitches in the rendering while others are stating it's simply editing that appears like an anomaly.

For me, it's window or bust.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

thats exactly my point!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: UKTruth

It does if his friend is telling the truth - that he personally received the data in Washington from a member of the DNC.
If that can be proven then the Russian narrative collapses.
Unless you then start going further down the rabbit hole and say that the DNC staffer was a Russian mole... something which can be checked out.

There are a whole lot of 'ifs' that have to come to fruition for that to happen.

If his source is telling the truth.
If it can be proven.
If Assange is even willing to out his source.

Odds are slim, in my opinion.

He might be willing to if he can prove who it was and that person is dead(Seth Rich).

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
AFAIK, investigative journalists like him are free to leak whatever they want. Trump's taxes and tape and buying Chinese steel were all leaked in the election with no consequences to the leakers.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It all seems very convoluted I know that much

I think he might become an inside man for them

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Assange might be a fool to go willingly to the US, but he will be desperate to escape his current confinement. He might just have had enough and having set up a defence strategy, want to get it over with. He has many supporters and will have lots of publicity. There is a danger that he could be in for a long dose of solitary whilst awaiting trial. Also imagine the pressure he will receive from the Intelligence agencies. He is much hated.

He should get on to Twitter and ask Trump for a private conversation. Hey, he helped bring down Hilary. Who knows what Trump would do?

Also the timing would suggest that he can do this under a Trump presidency and not if Clinton had won. She wanted to drone him...albeit not seriously.

edit on 18-1-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Not sure if its been posted but the lawyer is speaking and like its been noted the agreement was for a pardon

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

exactly! The Obama clan aren`t dumb enough to take him to trial and risk a lot of stuff coming out that they would rather keep secret besides now that the Obama clan is leaving assange might get fair treatment by the Trump administration.I`m sure the trump people will gladly work a deal to get their hands on the dirt that assange has on democrats.

edit on 18-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Not as far as I know, but various figures in American politics and intelligence circles have been talking about espionage and so on with regard to the Wikileaks organisation and Mr Assange for some time.

And to be honest, it would hardly be the first time they had taken a person away without any actual probable cause to do so, just a very high profile incident of such.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
The US has probably promised protection if he gives up the goods on who all was feeding him information, I imagine there was a near miss attempt on his life that has convinced him doing so and entering witness protection is far preferable to being a martyr.

Just my 2 cps worth..

The Trump administration would love to get the proof that it wasn`t the russians that did the hacking.
2017 looks like it`s going to be another really bad year for the democrats I can hardly wait to see what new investigations are going to be started based on info from assange.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Snowden didn't leak to Assange, he leaked to Glenn Greenwald, Laura Poitras, and Ewen MacAskill who in turn were working for The Guardian and The Washington Post.

Wikileaks only got involved with Snowden in helping him escape. Originally, he wanted to go to South America but the US shut down the escape plan and forced him into Russia. Once in Russia he was stuck in the international section of the airport for a month. During that time Wikileaks stepped in and offered the assistance of their lawyers to get him asylum.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Snowden didn't leak to Assange, he leaked to Glenn Greenwald, Laura Poitras, and Ewen MacAskill who in turn were working for The Guardian and The Washington Post.
And with that big issue off the table in a court case makes a big difference . Wikis lack of connection to Snowden takes away much of the smoke and probably most of the more serious charges that could be laid .

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Keep in mind that Wikileaks decides what to leak and at what timing. Wikileaks did not leak Hillary before Hillary became nominee, or else Bernie Sanders would have been the nominee. Russia might send Wikileaks dirt on Trump and RNC, but it's up to Wikileaks to decide to leak that or not. IMO Russia sent some dirt on Trump and RNC, but Assange blocked their release. Assange says Wikileaks received a few pages of dirt on Trump and RNC, but chose not to release that.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Excellent clarification!!!!

Most people think 'commutation' and 'pardon' are the same. Youve done an excellent job defining the two.

With that said, I dont forsee Assange knocking on the door of the FBI saying, "here I am!" Although I feel that may be his best chance at getting US intelligence off his back (for the short term).
I feel this way because wikileaks exposed Hitlery Killton for the cold blooded waste of skin that she is. Being that she was exposed, the American people knew who to vote for. I really dont think Trump had a chance without the wikileaks expose`.
In return, Trump may show leniency in the form of a pardon, or commutation in the event that Assange is tried and ultimately convicted of any crime.
As you said, im not even sure that Assange has been charged in any criminal matter. Im not even sure our government would charge him. People in Assange's position have been known to become very suicidal, very quickly.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

My exact thoughts last night. With Donald Trump in charge, a WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL DEAL will be hammered out to give Mr. Assange freedom here in the USA.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: southbeach

YEAH SURE.
Goes right along with the Russians didn't leak to Assange.
They did.
The US IC didn't leak info to wikileaks or anyone else.
Put down the koolaid and step away from the glass.

I got it from resources that i would say have been spot on in the past,stop watching CNN,Fox et al and do your own research.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: southbeach

YEAH SURE.
Goes right along with the Russians didn't leak to Assange.
They did.
The US IC didn't leak info to wikileaks or anyone else.
Put down the koolaid and step away from the glass.

I got it from resources that i would say have been spot on in the past,stop watching CNN,Fox et al and do your own research.

and what sources would that be?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yep.. the jig is up now.. the people know about the secret clone facilities and the chimera programs in the underground bases..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join