It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A personal "Mandella Effect" experience. Other personal experiences needed!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
First off, I'm NOT a subscriber to the whole "Mandella Effect" phenomenon that has been reported here and elsewhere over the past couple years. In fact, I feel weird even posting this. Not sure where this should go, but I picked "skunk works" because it IS pretty far out there..

I will not discuss what the "Mandella Effect" is, or the related stories concerning it, here. These things can easily be found here on ATS or via a google search.

Let me begin by saying I never once took anything serious concerning this whole Mandella thing. I still don't because I TRY to find rational reasons for things, rather than try to come to terms with unexplained memories being some other logical explanation other than something has disrupted the reality our known universe. What makes it EASIER however, to grasp straws, is when things become super personal on a level to where I *know* they happened because they shaped the very essence of who I am.

I am going to explain now, a couple things that have happened, things which I cannot understand and brought me to the point of writing this thread.

Several months ago, I voluntarily joined a program in Wyoming called "Set Free Ministries". This is a faith-based program designed to help people overcome drug and/or alcohol addictions through the absolute faith in Christ and nothing else. I had a very rough past couple of years, with my brother committing suicide and my alcoholism which had virtually began to destroy my life, along with a weird physical condition that I still cannot quite explain to this day. I could not function properly and I ended up there, by my own choice and with the support of my family, including my son.

While there, I reflected on how I got there, and my faith was under a microscope. I had to dig deep into my spiritual roots to understand what drew me to "Set Free". I had a very deeply personal spiritual "awakening" when I was 17, and I was drawn to God in a way that was not really describable. I remembered why I read the bible, new testament, and how I had a deep desire to know Jesus Christ when I was 17. I spent many days reading through the new testament, and I had gotten all the way to the gospel of John. The thing that made me absolutely sure that I wanted to be "saved" (I didn't even know what that meant back then) was while reading through John, I read the words which Jesus spoke saying " I will never leave, nor forsake you". I was so deeply affected by that scripture, that I asked him into my life, that very night. All sorts of other things happened afterward, beautiful and powerful things. Things I will not go into right now, because this thread is not about that.

As it turns out, while at "Set Free", 20 years after that experience, it turns out that scripture I read Does NOT exist in the book of John. That's right, I had EVERY available biblical resource to look this up, even google, and it simply isn't there. The whole reason for my life, my existence doesn't even exist anymore. Yes, those words ARE said in the bible, but not in John, or even the new testament, aside from Hebrews. Hebrews:5 to be exact. I had NOT read Hebrews until at least several months after I had that incredible experience with the Lord. I did not read the old testament, I started with the new testament. Those words ARE said in OT books but only in Hebrews from the NT books.

So yeah, that kinda freaked me out, and I don't subscribe to things like "Mandella Effect"... but when my entire reason for living is torn to pieces, wtf?

Now let's move on...around 2012/2013, my son and I were very close, and we both passionately were supporters of Ron Paul, spent lots of time together etc. Somewhere around that time, there was a weird thing he and I noticed. It SEEMED like "MLK day" happened all the time. We would joke that wow, "didn't that just happen a couple months ago?" It was a funny thing, we just joked about it, but it DID seem weird that it always felt like in a couple months we would be celebrating MLK day again. We joked about this on several occasions, it was a funny and an intimate time with my son. Someone whom, I am very deeply connected with.

What gets me though, is what happened tonight. Jan 16 2017.

I text him today " Happy MLK Day, it's the first of many to come this year! Heheh
"

To my surprise, his response was "?"

He now has no idea what I'm talking about, I responded back explaining this is something we have discussed several times, and so far, no response. If he doesn't remember what I'm talking about, I'm sure he thinks I'm either nuts or drunk. Sadly, I think he thinks I'm both these days.

There is a possibility that maybe he just doesn't remember, he did have a bad concussion in high school, that did affect his taste and probably memory. It is possible that we discussed this MLK thing before that happened, so I'm not a complete nut-wit here. It just feels sad to me, it's hard to not feel like the things I love the most could have been so distorted..

Any and ALL similar stories welcome. I'm feeling very confused.
edit on 17-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
When I was young the song Crackerbox palace featured John Lennon at a piano in front of a castle with white egg head characters and people on the battlements....its now a George Harrison song.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

See here's the Rub..

People not noticing this assume that people like me are looking for a weird theory to fit..

It's just not the case.. You remember something on a deep level and now it's different..

reality literally is NOT the same. So for you the most likely thing is reality is weird.. Nothing else could be the case for you.. I do get if you don't experience this the most likely case for you would be people having bad memory.. You just had to be there, but you weren't. It's like an inside joke. You can explain it but you're not going to laugh. Similarly if you aren't noticing anything, for one maybe nothing changed for you lol.. Who knows how this happens.. But I wish people would wonder why some of us are 100% sure in our minds things are messed up? Don't you wonder why we are 100% and not 95%? One of these days my username will be reverberations and you guys will all tell me it was always reverberations... And I'll be screaming I AM REVERBS!!!

I have lots of these and we don't need to go through them. I'll just say I've talked about the mandela effect LONG before the mandela effect was a thing.. I've been noticing it for 20 years. but it seems like in 2011 something odd happened, and in 2016 especially a lot of things changed.. Well they changed way back in the day forever and were always like the new way I mean.. but that happend in 2016.. LOL..

`Jupiter Rising
`Kit-Kat
`Tidy cats (actually changed and changed back I went berzerk the first time asking my girlfriend at the time because are cat ran through that stuff constantly.. And she's like iot's always been tidycat.. And I'm like no it was freaking tidycats.. And then it changed back and now my ex is like wtf? Other people noticed it change and change back)

whatever..
And the bible is different.
I was never a heavy reader, but...

____ will lie with the lamb. ?

Jupiter Rising was a weird one.. I watched the freakign trailer in the movie theatre like days before it was supposed to come out..
I go home after making a menttal note.. I go home and google it that day, and guess what google is like whatever dude there's a book called that.. It didn't even ask me if I meant jupiter ascending so I never found the damn movie.. time passed I went to the movies all the time because that same girlfriend worked at the movies and we saw them all free.. Never showed up, and then all the sudden it had been out for a year, like what and it had the wrong name..

that one actually still gets me a little mad

TYPE:

k i t without spaces into google.. it says things like kitten, kitchen, kitchen aid, kitchen nightmares...
k i t - without spaces and it says kit-kat, kit-kat logo, kit-kat bar...

that one I know for sure because it was one of my favorites.
problem is it never had a dash..

people don't understand it's stuff you remember so well like your highschools name..
or it would be like you thought you were black your whole life and all the sudden you've always been mexican.

Like you know it's off, it's not a suspicion.

edit on 17-1-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I have been through a lot of hardship as well and I have found that life is so goddamn evil and beautiful at the same time. During these moments of stress our minds are stretched to the limit and our memories tend to not work so great.

I'm not saying you didn't read what you thought you did but maybe the context is wrong. The human memory is not great during times of stress.

As for your son, sometimes friends just don't remember events the way another does. Ones memory is personal and selfish.

Life is a series of moments that can feel distorted, extremely quick but yet so slow. The human memory is not so great when it comes to time.

Maybe because all the moments of our lifetime are happening all at once and time is just a mere manmade construct.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
I have been through a lot of hardship as well and I have found that life is so goddamn evil and beautiful at the same time. During these moments of stress our minds are stretched to the limit and our memories tend to not work so great.

I'm not saying you didn't read what you thought you did but maybe the context is wrong. The human memory is not great during times of stress.

As for your son, sometimes friends just don't remember events the way another does. Ones memory is personal and selfish.

Life is a series of moments that can feel distorted, extremely quick but yet so slow. The human memory is not so great when it comes to time.

Maybe because all the moments of our lifetime are happening all at once and time is just a mere manmade construct.

you just explained one possible mechanism of mandela effects without realizing it.

it's all happening at once..

I agree..

think about that..

the future and the past can be changed in the present..

I call it a book that's always rewriting itself and we are both a character on a certain page, and a dude who can pick any page he wants to read, while also rewriting it at the same time.

star for you

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Yes, but aren't we always in the present then? It's all the present. The older I get the faster I feel time is speeding up. Maybe that's because I'm done forming and now I'm breaking down faster than my body can heal itself. Therefore my mind is also being torn apart faster then it can repair itself.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yes, but aren't we always in the present then? It's all the present. The older I get the faster I feel time is speeding up. Maybe that's because I'm done forming and now I'm breaking down faster than my body can heal itself. Therefore my mind is also being torn apart faster then it can repair itself.

yes the changes that we notice now are now.. even though if you looked at it from a human in time perspective the changes happened in some cases 100 years ago..

It's all a matter of perspective.
You have to have the eyes to see.

my story changes a lot.. I have dejavu movies so long and I have the time to remember the future. So I start calling it out to people around me, "Ahh the crazy drunk girl is about ti run in with a video tape and she will drop her beer!" Bam it happens..

I'm not as stuck in time it seems. Part of me wonders if the story changes so that it makes sense I'm still alive.. Like error correcting fixing plot holes.. oh he died in scene 7 but we have him in scene 8 and 9 already!! ZZHHOOp!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies thus far.

I want to say more, but I think I just can't. For now. G'night.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Thanks for the replies thus far.

I want to say more, but I think I just can't. For now. G'night.

night.

you will be back to tell me.

I think.

I have enjoyed your honesty.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I get frustrated lately at my bad memory. I wasn't on board with the ME...figured people were getting like me with rusty recall. However, when I heard that a certain meat that had a catchy jingle that I grew up hearing all the time now is spelled differently..it convinced me. My bologna has a first name it's O-s-c-a-r, my bologna has a second name it's M-e-y-e-r...only now it's not. It's M-A-y-e-r. THAT is proof that something is afoot.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: megabogie

That one bothers me because I always called it Oscar My-er Meyer.. How would Mayor sound like My err ??

google auto fill has some for meyer as well..

my grandmother and mom used to sing that song all the time..
actually I havn't brought that one up to them.

EVERY one I've brought up without saying what it is jsut you know "what's that bologna called?" I say something like that and they get it wrong every time.. WELL, I mean they get it right....

If anyone thinks Oscar MAyor is right, I just don't even get how that's possible haha.. gawd....

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I tell ya, that one spooked me. Up til then I just thought it was a fun little game. But it doesnt even flow right if you spell it with the a and like you said...how do you get MY-er from mayer? just weird

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The Mandela effect is dead for me.
I used to think there may have been something to it, but the whole C3PO sliver leg thing illustrates just how easily our memories can be skewed.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yeah... it's hard to talk about because memory is self writing, the critics are absolutely correct and I, for instance, always remember it as Oscar Mayer ... but as I've written in these subject threads, there are some deep memories for me that are now ...different.

My goto is "dilemna" ... I know without the slightest doubt that it was spelled as I wrote it, with the silent "n," and now there isn't even a mention of it as an alternate spelling except in a few conspiracy sites... and most all of my friends (who can spell, anyway) remember it the same way, with a silent "n" ...like in column.

The thing that spun me out is that I finally dug out my Merriam Webster Dictionary that I used throughout school from grades 3 thru uni and under THAT WORD I found I had circled the second m with a note saying "silent" in my grade school scrawl.

Why would I note a second "m" as being silent?

Oh well, I have done far too many chemicals in my day and so I'm not a reliable witness... but the other people insisting on the previous spelling of THAT WORD are more ... stable, so despite other "variations" I've experienced, it always comes back to the dilemna dilemma... for me, anyway, so I sympathize.

Life is but a dream...

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
our solar system's position in the milky way / north pole never on google earth / size of mars is what i haven't settled with yet :/

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
what are your comments on these videos ?

this is exactly how i remember our position in the galaxy is..

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Yeah... it's hard to talk about because memory is self writing, the critics are absolutely correct and I, for instance, always remember it as Oscar Mayer ... but as I've written in these subject threads, there are some deep memories for me that are now ...different.

My goto is "dilemna" ... I know without the slightest doubt that it was spelled as I wrote it, with the silent "n," and now there isn't even a mention of it as an alternate spelling except in a few conspiracy sites... and most all of my friends (who can spell, anyway) remember it the same way, with a silent "n" ...like in column.

The thing that spun me out is that I finally dug out my Merriam Webster Dictionary that I used throughout school from grades 3 thru uni and under THAT WORD I found I had circled the second m with a note saying "silent" in my grade school scrawl.

Why would I note a second "m" as being silent?

Oh well, I have done far too many chemicals in my day and so I'm not a reliable witness... but the other people insisting on the previous spelling of THAT WORD are more ... stable, so despite other "variations" I've experienced, it always comes back to the dilemna dilemma... for me, anyway, so I sympathize.

Life is but a dream...

Dilemna pisses me off you know why it pisses me off?
Because I misspelled it so many times and saw my teachers tell me the silent n is there that I had to sound it out in my head.. I had a few words like that I would just call that word dilem na I would say it like that to remember to spell it right.
Similar to sur prise. surprise I always got wrong.. So I fixed that by saying it wrong too.

So when I am growing up saying dilemna how does that make any freaking sense???

haha.

of course if we are converging people would remember one thing all their lives I would remember anothe and we are BOTH right. I want that to sink in to people..

and the memory over write issue more easily diverges to the new memory than would diverge to a foreign memory.. That's another point.

I have memories that can make sense in no other way, and those are the ones I rely on.. the ones that have multiple cause and effect streams.. like having to say dilemna wrong to spell it right.

Please change that one back I refuse to write it the other way.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
your first video link didn't work, your second one has Carl Sagan saying we live on the outskirts of the milky way in the Carina–Sagittarius Arm.

Why would he say that if we live in the Orion arm?

In fact I used to be taught we were on the outskirts too, until we were more in the middle all the sudden haha.

I'd have to look into that further to see if the science changed after carl sagan made cosmos, but that seems unlikely..

and Neil degrasse tyson BOTH got it wrong??

yea highly unlikely..

thank you for those..

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well sorry, I'm going to say Mandela.
I have a cross I made in 82-83. I was born in 1977.
The date on the cross is '68 in my handwriting.
Now I could've of made the error. But with the whole Mandela thing. I'm questioning it.

In 2010-11 I was coming back from dinner at a house up the street. At the house I ate at two Mormons came to visit another Tennant. I recognized one. Said hello on the way out.
A minute down the road I see the exact same person with a different guy. I looked back almost immediately in confusion and they were gone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join