It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of my shows

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliquandro

You are a very talented artist. The colors are so robust. Interesting concepts too. Where do you exhibit most of your works?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Really love your art. Reminds me of mambo art work, sorry if you are insulted as I don't mean to offend.
Keep on creating it grows your soul.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The bunny versus panda stuff is awesome.

Your installs all look great. You should sell well, keep the faith.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Most of the work posted is oils, some of the tiny framed stuff is acrylic. Depends on how soon a show is. I prefer oils for almost everything except being ready for a show a month away.

I paint all the time, so creating tons of work just happens after years of doing it. I average a new series of about 12-18 pieces every year. Lately I'm focusing on creating more and/or better/bigger works for existing series that sell well. If I'm really driven I can create a series of 12 new acrylics in less than a month.

Cosmos sell poorly for me in seattle, fish and machines sell best. Whether they sell or not I'm always adding to every series I enjoy painting, some series dont get shown or added to.

to date this is probably my best use of acrylic, and one of my new series I'm creating more work for

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Geki09

thank you very much!

I have a residency at a collective gallery that has monthly artwalks, I show at cafes, coffeeshops, bakeries, salons, spas, office lobbies and anywhere I find good fits for my work. Really waiting to find a high-end fish market that wants serious art

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Wow that is awesome! There's so much going on in that painting! Thanks for the info, you are very talented. I love our stuff.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

No offense at all, pretty much everytime someone tells me I remind them of some artist, I've never heard of them. This is both cool and inspiring, because there's this whole relative body of work to inspire me that's already similar, that just helps me to expand.

Thank you very much for an entire cool genre of art to inspire me when it gets slow

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Inspiring work! I love you.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Mambo is an Australian surf company, something to do with surfing anyway. Not sure who created their artwork, but it was your bold colours and something about the lines you make inside sections of your creations.
I'm glad your not offended as It was not my intentions.

Not sure where you live but I would like to recommend an artist friend of mine to check out and maybe take inspiration from although quite different from your works. His name is Dean Raybould a kiwi artist so lots of new Zealand references in his paintings.

Anyways keep painting and I would love to view your artworks in real life not just on the small screen.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You just know it's not that great but good enough for people with no confidence to do anything themselves to kiss your butt on

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: metalholic

Did you get out on the wrong side of bed today. That's a very rude response. If you don't like it please move on.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
People have been known to pay a million dollars for the old cardboard boxes with screwed up paper which was called art, they must have like it a lot.
edit on 17-1-2017 by Cloudbuster because: Missed a word

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I get that it reads that way I also understand sales and psychology and what I find is most people can draw and paint you know it's anything that's practicable.

It's not like your spending thousands of dollars on a PA system.

Your only paying what 5 dollars for a 100 sheets of paper and 2.75 for a ball point or colored pencils.

Most people just don't do anything with it cause there parents didn't
edit on 17-1-2017 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Not really sure of what you were trying to say just then. But if you like a piece of art_ you like it, and if you don't like it you don't. Let's just leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm in WA state so NZ/AUS is a long drive for me. I'll definitely check out your friend's work, I like seeing other's recommendations on what I should check out, since it usually points me in a new direction.

I do have an artist friend in Perth that would be cool to talk to about an out of country show, might be a good place for some of my stuff.

Thanks again I'll be sure to post some more sooner than later.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ok cool, so you think im ok but just fishing for fans, sure, logically that's correct, but my main agenda is to always just expand where people can view my work. That's what successful artists typically do, why would I not want to be successful?

Art is subjective and one will always generally look like a jerk trying to argue if art is good or bad, because who cares? It's just like music/food/sex, everyone has their own preferences, and their opinions can end up smelling like ass if you're around people who don't agree with you.

My medium is oil paints on prestretched canvas and typically framed. Oil paints are not cheap (my oil kit alone has over $1k of paint in it), and take time to learn, Ive been painting for over 25 years. So a framed 16x20 canvas painting typically costs me about $85-125 after framing, hardware and varnish, then I have 12-24 hrs work into creating it, most of it is coming up with the idea. But then after all that I'm lucky if I can get 350-500 for it, in a cafe type venue where I have to deal with sales but keep 100%. Finding shows isn't easy, and you need a ton of patience since most baristas and cafe managers are overworked or lose their job by the time your show is up.

I am most definitely not getting rich off this, actually the opposite. I do it because I love it, and logic also dictates i oughta be able to make a living as well doing what I love doing, and no I don't have a single successful painter in the family or unlimited funds. I'm scrapping to get by like most people I know.

I'm honestly confused why you even felt the need to be so intentionally negative in a thread that was intended as inspiring and sharing success?

Was the Mud Pit forum not interesting enough?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I took it as he meant that anyone could produce art if they wanted to, and it's relatively cheap to do so- but they are taught/conditioned by their parents that artistic skill is not worth developing or wasting any effort on.

I understand that and I think we all do because of the "starving artist" thing. But I do not believe that just anyone can become a master of perspective or even modeling- some people just can't. But everyone is capable of creation, I think.

Also it might just take a couple of dollars to do some sketches, but really developing that skill takes long long hours and lots of supplies and actually the paint that I'm interested in costs like 300 for 4 tubes maybe because the color lasts a long, long time. And linen canvas is pretty costly, as well, but it should last centuries. Making art costs money, too! So yeah.

Btw I loved color theory in school. It was really tough but it was so good, too.
edit on 18-1-2017 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Yeah hard to tell what he meant, but i used my words and moved on lol!

My parents encouraged my art, so maybe I was lucky, they still do. I dont want to or even intend on mastering all the skills, just the parts that allow me to get to that point where I make a good impact visually, and can express things fluidly.

Some people have gifts i think, i wasnt one necessarily, but I stuck with it long enough. All my color theory came from a book and a few weeks working with a trained oil painter.

Its hard to say but art schools crank out a lot of the same kind of skilled artists, great work but not exactly very unique. Unique is what Im going for. Even before I got into painting I remember an art school teacher looking over my design porfolio and recommended i skip school and just "do art/have fun, you have a nice style and its just gonna get nicer"

I wish I remembered his name, I owe him a drink

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Nice work bro, I think I saw these on your deviart profile I love your work it is so much different then mine and it is uniquely yours!

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Thank you, I doubt I've posted more than a few of these to deviant as I get more focused on larger social media, but I try to keep up when I get time.

Being unique is key, that's all anyone wants anymore I think. Having venues to stage your ideas is a really powerful tool too, and I'm trying hard to fine tune the one I'm resident at.

Are there any art collectives in your city? Those are great outlets for artists with work needing exposure I think

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Congratulations! Love 'em!... I don't know why but somehow, some of your works reminds me of Jean Arp's early paintings, some shades of Chagall or maybe Max Ernst on ecstasy. Do you mind sharing with us your influences?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join