It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being OBNOXIOUS at the Fast Food Place or Restaurant?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Here is a tip for all of you lazy people that want someone else to cook and serve you your food, think really hard before you decide to be an OBNOXIOUS patron at any eating establishment. You have no idea what transpires behind the scenes when you are perceived to be difficult.

We all like to think that these places are above reproach when it comes to integrity and customer service, but let's face it, you are dealing with many that have 0 class and would like nothing better than to have a chuckle at your expense, while you eat that meal you just complained about or made a big fuss over when ordering.

I am so picky that it happens to be why I spent 30 years in the food business as a manager or server or cook, I like to eat and would rather be the one to make it or supervise the production of the food I eat, when I eat.

I, also, happen to be the one you want to be in charge when you show up to have a meal that requires some dedication to your finickiness.

That being said, should you have someone else doing your bidding, they are not all like me and do not really care if you are happy or not, they will do just enough, that is it.

There is a level that can be achieved depending on the type of place you are spending your money at, McDonald's or Applebee's, will have different approaches to customer service, drive thru's or sitting down and ordering, to go or delivery, while you are sure to get more attentive service from a sit down and order experience, you are still at the mercy of those serving you and making your food.

I have witnessed first hand what a pissed off server or cook or even God forbid a manager is capable of when pushed to far, for instance, examples are provided, now:

I just read this article and it made me sick to my stomach, sadly, it is going on all the time.
Fast food employee accused of putting menstrual blood on a customer's burger

Cooks have been known to throw your steak on the floor and step on it, after it is cooked. They have pissed in the gravy that you ate on your mashed potatoes. They have masturbated into the batter for your fried chicken. They have dripped their snot or blown their noses over your newly prepared meal right before they put it in the server window. They have taken roaches or rat droppings and put them in the chili you just woofed down and thought was delicious.

Servers just put eye drops in your coffee to give you that extra boost to go to the bathroom. They have gone to the bathroom and wiped their butt then served you the fresh hot rolls for dinner. They take pubic hairs and put them in your hamburger bun.

Oh my, the list is endless of the surprises that can be inflicted on unsuspecting customers. If you want to go out to eat, I suggest you be very nice.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
That's disgusting. S&F.

I'm sure you're not the only person in the food industry that actually cares about the customer, but in the world today it feels like you're a minority, sadly. One of my best friends worked in the food industry for a while and would never do anything like the described atrocities, however, he has seen his fair share of despicable acts.

My mom told me a story many years ago about a restaurant on the beach that she used to love. She found the label from a can or something in her soup. She forgave it the first time and came back to the restaurant a while later. Another soup label (or whatever it was) was found. I don't think she ate there again. It's amazing how negligent the cooks there were to allow a frickin label into the food.. what the heck? That or it was a running prank.

ALWAYS be nice to the people serving you.

I, for one, prefer to cook for myself. I avoid restaurants whenever possible and never, ever eat fast food.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Lazy people? Because sometimes we want to eat outside, thuss giving you a job? On the other hand, you at least seem to have some pride in your work left but don´t call your customers "lazy" because sometimes they wan´t or need to eat outside. How would I cook when on business travels

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Corporations verses Mom and Pops where you could count on good honest service. Deal with it.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Oh gee, did I upset you? WOW!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There is an old saying on the offshore oil rigs... "never mess with the cook or the person who cleans your room".

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
searcherfortruth

The girl who reported it got fired supposedly for reporting what she saw. Tabatha stated that she was told she was being fired because her family filed false accusations. Both the health department and Jacks are investigating the claim.. The girl who was accused had been fired a few days before the investigations started for unrelated activities.

Tabatha's facebook page has a recording that is given as "evidence" in regards to the employee who did "the deed" confessing on the phone..but I can't understand really what is being said.

Here is a link to her facebook page with the recording and some other various articles on the incident are linked below..

Miami Herold
The Dispatch

blend57

edit on 15-1-2017 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

When I was 16/17 working kitchens I saw all sorts, spitting in food etc, yeah, it is a thing.
Any food you haven't prepared yourself is potentially untrustworthy.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Cooks have been known to throw your steak on the floor and step on it, after it is cooked. They have pissed in the gravy that you ate on your mashed potatoes. They have masturbated into the batter for your fried chicken. They have dripped their snot or blown their noses over your newly prepared meal right before they put it in the server window. They have taken roaches or rat droppings and put them in the chili you just woofed down and thought was delicious.

Sounds to me like you have had enough at the back end of the industry, why not get out?
Then I looked at your threads and it all makes sense, you're probably going to start some cooking channel on the web.

Whilst I have seen some disgusting things at the back of restaurants in my 9 years in the industry never to such an extent as you describe. In all fairness of course I left 10 the industry 10 years ago and maybe I was lucky enough to have some good staff. And maybe we do things a bit different in Australia.

What I do wonder about though is you never mention any active role in trying to stop this behaviour by firing or bringing to the attention of the owners such abhorrent behaviour of your co-workers? What does that say about your integrity or standards?

Oh my, the list is endless of the surprises that can be inflicted on unsuspecting customers

This alone says to me that you really need a holiday or a change of industry

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

In 7 years in the restaurant business, this only happened once. A customer who was a real jerk had their chimichanga dropped on the floor, picked back up and put back in the deep fryer for a few seconds before plating it. No big deal.

I'm sure it happens at places - if they hire scumbags or idiots.

Anyone who puts bodily fluids of any kind in someone's food, however, should be charged with attempted murder, and required to pay for all medical tests forthcoming to ensure they didn't pass on any disease to the unlucky, unwitting cannibal.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Who says I didn't do something, but seeing it and knowing it happens are 2 different things. I have fired many for this type of behavior and reported those that I did see, but I do not control what happens in every food establishment. I am merely informing those who think being rude and obnoxious does not have consequences.

Different in Australia, you mean Kangaroo or Koala poop is used instead?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

That you know of and proving it is impossible without corroborating evidence. It is a crime and when it is caught with evidence becomes a felony to commit bodily harm.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I agree with you. That is a serious health risk. Stories like these make me never want to eat out. Ew!

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

There are many ways to contaminate food, when I was a dishwasher, cooks used to come and get pans that were still dirty and use them with gunk still in them. I saw cooks take steaks half eaten cut off a portion and re-serve them. I have even seen them take food out of the trash and use it. Just in the name of food cost.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

LMAO, go get a loaf of bread and make sandwiches.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Anyone who thinks such things don't happen is naive.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

"And maybe we do things a bit different in Australia. "

If it's anything like Canada, if the person is caught doing atrocities to someones food, the restaurant gets shut down until all people that ate there are contacted - through the debit or credit card usage, and then a notice is put out over the radio and local tv news, for those that may have used cash ( very few).
The people are then told to seek medical help, as they might have been exposed to a number of diseases, anything related to bodily fluids.
Health standards are high, even in fast food places.

And the culprit who caused all that ⬆️, is promptly fired.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Lol you've probably eaten spit but you just don't know it.
All smug with Canadian standards, they aren't there policing every kitchen, naive much?

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm just suggesting it's rare these days that these things happen, a lot of employers (most) also have cameras set up.
Definitely treat your server with politeness, just in case, but the employers set up the cameras because they cannot afford these lawsuits from the public, or the ensuing shutdown of their franchise.
Most of the fast food places I've been to have a lot of people working in the back. Plus many are visible to the public.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

edit on 15-1-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join