It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New evidence: Was DB Cooper a Boeing employee?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well, there's new developments in the DB Cooper case. The FBI has had a group of amateur sleuths looking at the case and some of their findings are a bit surprising...

e scientific team has been analyzing particles removed from the clip-on tie left behind by Cooper after he hijacked a Northwest Orient passenger jet in November 1971.

A powerful electron microscope located more than 100,000 particles on old the J.C. Penney tie. The team has identified particles like Cerium, Strontium Sulfide, and pure titanium.

The article goes on to explain that these are rare earth materials, and only a select few industries at the time used them. One of those was Boeing. Will these findings allow tjem to finally solve this case conclusively? We shall see

www.12news.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Will these findings allow tjem to finally solve this case conclusively?

What do you mean solve?

Determine if he survived?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Figure out who he was.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

As Zaphod states, positively identify the perpetrator. If he's still alive then bring him to justice.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

If he's alive. Ok. I can see that.
I wonder though, if the possibility that he was an "insider" had not been explored previously.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I'm sure dozens of possibilities that we havent heard have been discussed by the FBI over the years. But this is certainly the first new piece of material evidence to surface in quite a while. The article doesn't make it clear if the FBI already knew this, but if they didn't it may help quite a bit?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

sorry - but your source is grasping at straws

the eminantly plausible notion that he :

" bought the db cooper outfit from charity //second hand shops "

makes most origins of fibres // particles moot

testable DNA is required - but sadly for investigators - seems absent

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Exactly wtf are you talking about? Not 1 damn thing that you postwd2is in the article that I linked to, so I really have no response other than wtf

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It was expedition Unknown the one that facilitated the technology to test the fibers.

The episode aired last Wednesday, very interesting, I thought that the FBI closed the case already and that is why more evidence was needed to show that it was still much to be find.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

its very simple - your failure to understand it is your problem

your source makes the assumption that the tie was habitually worn by " db cooper "

my counter argument is - that if it was bought for the hijack as part of a disguise - then the fibres // particles on it are irrelevant to " coopers " true identity

its that simple

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Now that you have explained yourself I understand. But the fact that you dismiss the evidence presented as bunk due to a plausible theory is funny. None of what you stated is known. What is known is he left behind a mother of pearl tie clip made of rare earth metals. In the early 70s that is something that likely was something of a rarity in and of itself. Occam's razor would tell us that it's unlikely to be found in any second hand store as a donation.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Occam's razor would tell us that it's unlikely to be found in any second hand store as a donation.

Can you explain your application of Occam's razor?
What additional assumptions need be made to account for this?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

There's something I want to ask you, but it's not relevant to this thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Oh

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

My explanation? That Cooper's tie clip was not a disguise prop. The time period, combined with the rarity of the materials at the time indicate that this is just not a random piece. Other explanations can be brought forth, but , given the evidence, this is the simplest solution to the origin of the tie clip

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Gtfo of my thread before another one is closed due to bad behavior.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It seems that you have applied Occam's razor inappropriately.
That does not mean your assessment is necessarily incorrect.

edit on 1/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I don't see how, unless you're trying to say that I am assuming that his tie clip likely wasn't a random purchase at a second hand store. The hypothesis that should be taken seriously is the one with the least assumptions

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Assumption: Cooper inherited the clasp.
Assumption: Cooper bought the clasp at a ritzy store.
Assumption: Cooper bought the clasp at a second hand store.

I see one assumption for each scenario.

edit on 1/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

As much as I love the DB Cooper case, I think this is just an assumption (as has been pointed out above).

Saying that, I really wouldn't be surprised if he was an "insider". He certainly seemed to know protocol, which would suggest he either read up on it, or knew about it through work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join