It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U2 who cares

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
U2 Refuse To Release Their New Album Because Of Donald Trump

www.sickchirpse.com...

Remember a couple of years ago when a U2 album that you absolutely did NOT want suddenly appeared on your iTunes?
Yeah, it was a pretty #ty time that we had all forgotten about as we tried desperately to erase it from our memories, but it turns out that U2 were gearing up to release another album which could have led to the same treatment. Fortunately though, we’ve got an unlikely saviour that means that this will – at the very least – be delayed by a fair few months. And that man is Donald Trump. The Edge explained the band’s decision to delay the release of their new album because of Donald Trump in a very lengthy statement that you can read below. It doesn’t really make any sense and pretty much implies that their music is the most important in the world:

This is good news - who wants another U2 album. Their music lost relevance in the early 80's. No "edge" to it. Does anyone even think that pronouncements from U2 matter?

Further from the writer

I thought artists were meant to become less pretentious as they grew older, but I guess when you’re U2 things probably work the other way round. I mean he’s still calling himself The Edge after all these years so why not? Anyway the important thing to not lose sight of is that there won’t be any unwanted U2 albums appearing on our iPhones any time soon, so for that at least I’ve got to say thanks to Donald Trump. Thanks man.

Time to retire to the Bahamas U2, you do not matter

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Another public service provided by the Don. It's all win, win at the moment!!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Another public service provided by the Don.

Yeah, trying to ride on the Trump for exposure will probably backfire on them. Not a smart strategy

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Another public service provided by the Don.

Yeah, trying to ride on the Trump for exposure will probably backfire on them. Not a smart strategy

Time will tell me friend, time will tell.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I thought after the apple disaster this outfit would be through pulling stunts with regards to album releases.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Apparently YOU care because you made this thread.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

WOW - LOL - I honestly don't think I could give less sh!ts because 'with or without' them, life will go on.

Bono's been wearing his rose coloured glasses for far.too.long.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Prime example of a TURD.

Trump Unacceptance & Resistance Disorder (TURD)

Why do they even care? They are from Ireland right? Never liked U2 and Bono is a douche anyway, pockets his own percentage off any benefit concert.

ETA: They probably had a total liberal album ready to go and didn't expect a Trump win. Now they need to re-tool the album. In reality it probably had nothing to do with Trump, just their profits. Assholes!
edit on 1 13 2017 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I've stated multiple times, multiple times just on ATS, that Bono is a hypocritical POS, wearing $600 sunglasses while he "promotes" charitable causes in Africa and elsewhere.

Bono's "One" Foundation (or whatever it's called) has also been accused of sketchy/fraudulent acts.. so there's that.

edit on 13-1-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Bono's "One" Foundation (or whatever it's called) has also been accused of sketchy/fraudulent acts.. so there's that.

I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I used words like "matter", substitute any word that triggers you if it makes you feel like you matter. Do you listen to U2?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I used words like "matter", substitute any word that triggers you if it makes you feel like you matter. Do you listen to U2?

I do like the Joshua Tree Album but I have not listened to them in ages nor do I keep up with entertainment news.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Deny ignorance man!!

Attack the message not the messenger!

LOL!!

I care about the music!! Never cared for their religious beliefs. But the music is good... to a point. Not so much lately...

BTW, The Edge was named by his da. Him and Bono were heading out and his da after a few whiskeys, asked where Paul and "the edge there" were off to. Confused, one of them asked, "Edge"?? Da said, "Look at his jaw! That's an edge if there ever was one" And it stuck. Even Dave's own mom calls him Edge!!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Where did I attack the messenger?. I'm stating that in the grand scheme of things they dont hold any relevance. All I see is them latching onto Trump memes as a way of generating buzz for their "next big masterpiece".

To me they lost their rawness, "protest" style after their War album.

oh dear...here we go

Bono becomes the first man to win Woman of the Year award

www.news.com.au... 1e62

When Glamour Magazine announced the Irish singer would be receiving an award at the annual event earlier this month, they admitted how in previous years they’d deliberately avoided including men. But in 2016, the magazine declared “when a major male rock star who could do anything at all with his life decides to focus on the rights of women and girls worldwide — well, all that’s worth celebrating. We’re proud to name that rock star, Bono, our first Man of the Year,” the statement read.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I dont keep up with entertainment news...my wife threw a post she read off facebook at me this morning...thought I'd share a laugh with my only friends in the world...my ATS FAMILY!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Besides Rattle & Hum and Zooropa, every one of their other albums since then has sucked if you ask me. I still listen to Rattle & Hum and Zooropa. Very little of their music has relavence to me these days!

and my favorite last song on the original cd with Johnny Cash (amazing) one of my top 10 favorites of all time:

Their music has had very little relevance to me since the release of the above album! It looks as though it will remain that way.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Looks like we all dodged a bullet.

Can we rely on you to warn us in a few months if the thing finally surfaces?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Man I love my Android.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I would say that it was Achtung Baby (which is good in its own right) is where they changed.

The singer does not lead the band. And just yanking your chain on the topic!!! lol

Personally, haven't listened to them recently so don't know how much they suck! So go forth n see what people think!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

In truth I haven't listened to all of their albums. I may check them out, but I remember it as the majority of them were ones that I didn't like all that much. Often times with U2, the albums that I liked were the ones that the fans hated the most. Specifically Zooropa. Truly I like a good portion of their music, but delaying the release of this album doesn't do any good service to their fans! I think they think it will make it a better seller. Time will tell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join