It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been told you're a certain number out of ten?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You know how people of both genders sometimes give each other scores. "She's a nine out of ten." "He's a six out of ten."

I recently watched a video where a man was discussing his dating experiences. He was told that he was a two out of ten. He seemed shaken up over it. I got the idea for this thread from that. Have you been told you're a certain number out of ten? What effect did it have on you?

I have never been told that I was a certain number out of ten. When people mention my looks, it's usually complimentary. I sent a video of myself to a woman I met on ATS. I asked her to give me a score out of 10, and she said "10/10." She never met me in person, so that doesn't count.
edit on 13-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Ive never been given a score but I reckon thats because Im off the charts

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I was told I was a 0 but she hasn't divorced me yet.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
You know how people of both genders sometimes give each other scores. "She's a nine out of ten." "He's a six out of ten."

I recently watched a video where a man was discussing his dating experiences. He was told that he was a two out of ten. He seemed shaken up over it. I got the idea for this thread from that. Have you been told you're a certain number out of ten? What effect did it have on you?

I have never been told that I was a certain number out of ten. When people mention my looks, it's usually complimentary. I sent a video of myself to a woman I met on ATS. I asked her to give me a score out of 10, and she said "10/10." She never met me in person, so that doesn't count.

I was once given a gold no. 10 on a chain as a present!! does that count?

I mean a 10 out of 10 full marks.... but a 10 out of 100 only equates to a ONE

so I suppose it all depends ........

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I was given a 7 once....lol

Mostly I hear I have a great personality
edit on 1/13/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Dble
edit on 1/13/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
People tell me I'm #1 with their hands all the time.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I always find rating someone out of 10 funny!

I mean what constitutes to the ratings? looks, personality and situation?

anyway heres a funny video of my man Gavin giving his take on rating looks correctly!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Only kids rate other humans out of ten.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

i is a 1 / 10

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

No one has ever seen fit to rate me.

To be honest, I am glad about that, because there are some mysteries better left unanswered.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Your hair is prettier than my girlfriend's, if that helps!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

HAHAHAHA!

Oh dear! Well, as a gentleman, I do not care about the number of split ends I have, but I am under the impression that by and large, the ladies tend to look after that sort of thing rather more than I would. I am sure her hair is in better physical condition!

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I have never been told that I was a certain number out of ten. When people mention my looks, it's usually complimentary. I sent a video of myself to a woman I met on ATS.I asked her to give me a score out of 10, and she said "10/10."

Is that not a contradiction?

I think people are fickle and I wouldn't give much weight to their opinion on a particular day and it would depend also on who is giving the rating and if I cared about their opinion of me or not.

The most attractive fruit can still taste bitter.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I have never been told that I was a certain number out of ten. When people mention my looks, it's usually complimentary. I sent a video of myself to a woman I met on ATS.I asked her to give me a score out of 10, and she said "10/10."

I explained what I meant in the next sentence that you edited out. "She never met me in person, so that doesn't count." I believe that rating would only mean something in person. I believe cameras always lie. You took what I wrote out of context then you declared that what I wrote was a contradiction because you took part of it out of context?

That brings up an interesting question (IMHO)...

If cameras and mirrors lie, how do we know what we look like?

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Indeed friend, and I rather doubt your hair smells like artificial strawberries. Rum perhaps? You've been drinking that glass nonstop since I signed up!

The most attractive fruit can still taste bitter.

I can't help but read this as a humorous innuendo

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Eleventy...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

I explained what I meant in the next sentence that you edited out. "She never met me in person, so that doesn't count." I believe that rating would only mean something in person. I believe cameras always lie. You took what I wrote out of context then you declared that what I wrote was a contradiction because you took part of it out of context?

That brings up an interesting question (IMHO)...

If cameras and mirrors lie, how do we know what we look like?

Oh, I see. You said that you had never been rated and then stated that she rated you but, had never met you so therefor it doesn't count so in other words, it never happened. Got it. Apologies then for misunderstanding.

I don't think cameras and mirrors lie but, I also believe that someone's 'rating' from me would include more traits than looks alone. It would have to include the whole package for it to be a honest/genuine opinion although, I am human and can and have superficial reactions.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Only once that I can recall. In the on-post bar at Caserma Ederle in 2000 or 2001, I was in my 20's.
I was playing a game of 8 ball when an obviously somewhat inebriated chick walked up and asked with a slight slur: "Are you from Tennessee?...cause you're the only ten I see!

We had a pretty good time for a week or so.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

It would have to include the whole package...

I would let you rate my whole package.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join