It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total loss of authenticity in the MSM.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Is it just me, or have the talking heads in the MSM not all become bad actors who lack any authenticity?

They are all so eager to spin things in a certain direction but there's also a certain desperation to it all, it appears.

They seem to be aware that they are losing relevancy, but are only become still more inauthentic and still more desperate to spin and to TRY harder to be and remain relevant.

But their whole narrative is falling apart, and I think they know it.

The façade is falling apart.

We can see through it now, more and more.

Doesn't mean they don't still have their sycophantic brainwashed lapdogs that they are speaking to, but that audience is really dwindling now.

I think it's also happening to the whole veil of Celebrity culture.

Yeah sure we can still enjoy a movie, but there again, even the movies are all dumbed down now for the most part.

I don't think they'll be successful in "repackaging" either, because there's nothing new under the sun, except the opportunity to be entirely authentic and real, but because they don't understand that, they're just going to start appearing more and more fake with each passing hour and day.

It's very funny actually, but also pathetic.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I completely agree and echo your thoughts.

No doubt in my mind their(MSM) propaganda is becoming easier to see and analyze each day. The rampant spin has always been there, it's just so glaringly obvious now, it's almost frightening in a way. I honestly think the advent of '24 hour' cable news networks started this insanity. Without enough actual NEWS to fill that much time, it became more and more and more politicized.

My greatest wish is that they are truly and totally done and we revert back to a nation of one hour a day news outlets. More actual objective information would be fine and good, but more propagandized BS isn't.

Dismantle and expose and boycott the bastards until they return to reality.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Is the west still losing the war on information? A lie has to be repeated over and over, the truth only has to be said once.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

This is to be expected when anyone can put their version of any story on the internet and it is broadcast to the world. MSM used to have the monopoly on these techniques, but now their spin is hard to miss in this open information age. Now all news is subjected to scrutiny against all other available news. Even real news can be dismissed as fake, so long as there is any source that says otherwise. Every billionaire in the world vying for a position of influence. I am calling this a political civil war between our "two" party system. We are caught in a crossfire of manufactured confusion.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

yesterday MSM said the suspect "Esteban Santiago" flew on an Air Canada flight, Air Canada publicly asked CNN to correct their misreporting.

These media outfits report "details" as fact before even confirming them. It's beyond pathetic.

Journalistic integrity is all but non-existent. In the MSM it seems to be absent entirely.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The elites are on the back foot, so they have to make # up in order to keep us in fear.

Their mouthpieces, are of course, more than happy to be used to spew this fear.

In the U.S and mainland Europe it's the Russians and Daesh. In the U.K it's Brexit, the Russians and Daesh.

As for reverting back to a nation of one hour a day news outlets, not a chance. Embrace your servitude, listen to what we are saying and be afraid, very afraid.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

yesterday MSM said the suspect "Esteban Santiago" flew on an Air Canada flight, Air Canada publicly asked CNN to correct their misreporting.

These media outfits report "details" as fact before even confirming them. It's beyond pathetic.

Journalistic integrity is all but non-existent. In the MSM it seems to be absent entirely.
Very true. If any of these news agencies start vetting their info and reporting the truth they could come out on top and golden in the eyes of the nation.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Stop thinking it's spinning and realize it's REPORTING.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
SO, who do we get our news and information from then?

Who's a reliable source. Who can we trust that will keep us informed without an agenda?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Right because that wasn't a completely fluid situation with details and info changing by the minute.
Scoffs...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The jig is up but because they have been snowballing the general public for so long they have gotten fat dumb and lazy. They are refusing to change because that is all they have known and they have gotten away with without even putting any effort into it.

Its like when Blockbuster refused to see that Netflix was a viable threat to them and refused to change their business model until it was to late. The gravy train was to good and ran for so long that upper management was on auto pilot in fighting to keep that gravy train going despite being a losing battle.

MSM , govt, and Lobbyist will destroy the internet to ensure their gravy train continues versus change. The problem is the MSM , govt, and Lobbyist have the resources that blockbuster didn't have and they will be successful.

The alternate news and forums online such as this will be closed down or fully controlled or manipulated in the future so everything is aligned with the main goals.

Mesh networks would have been good alternative to counter the internet take over, but that is being controlled already. They will say you are responsible for all traffic encrypted or not that goes through your devices. Hence if Child P goes through your device without your consent or knowledge you will still be charged for it.

edit on 39131America/ChicagoSat, 07 Jan 2017 10:39:46 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
I completely agree and echo your thoughts.

No doubt in my mind their(MSM) propaganda is becoming easier to see and analyze each day. The rampant spin has always been there, it's just so glaringly obvious now, it's almost frightening in a way. I honestly think the advent of '24 hour' cable news networks started this insanity. Without enough actual NEWS to fill that much time, it became more and more and more politicized.

My greatest wish is that they are truly and totally done and we revert back to a nation of one hour a day news outlets. More actual objective information would be fine and good, but more propagandized BS isn't.

Dismantle and expose and boycott the bastards until they return to reality.

Yeah, I thought news was just supposed to be the objective reporting of the news and where there are to be opinion pieces or editorials, they would try to give you both sides of the argument.

It wasn't some sort of tabloidish sensationalism with a heap of wedge issues designed to provoke a reaction along one and only one socio-political angle, some of which tries to appeal to the reptilian brainstem "fight or flight" mechanism, thus bypassing the rational faculties altogether.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Stop thinking it's spinning and realize it's REPORTING.

What do you mean? could you clarify that a little further. Thanks. That's what they used to do, just report the news without leading, but not anymore.

These days it's becoming cringeworthy. It's not objective reporting, at all.

I'm not sure what you mean or are getting at.

edit on 7-1-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

It either means the silly ol' thing is brainwashed, intellectually feeble, or Anderson Cooper.

I can think of a couple more but none of them flattering.

edit on 7-1-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The easter bunny and I agree with your sentiments

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I disagree about the "end game". It doesn't look like they're going to be able to kill the egalitarian nature of the Internet and the Netizens will always find a workaround.

Here's an example, although it's just fantasy at the moment.

I have an idea for an on-line product that I'm developing or hope to develop (never enough time beyond my day job as a "headhunter").

If it "hit" I would make over 100 million dollars, plus.

Now what could a person do with that kind of dough?

I always want to change the world and be most helpful wherever possible, so I was thinking that the thing I would choose to fund would be to set up a school for Independent Journalism with an unbiased fact-checking organization as a central resource, and in the process, beat the MSM into oblivion when the quality of reporting skyrockets by the emerging independent media.

Set up standards, and an association and accreditation that's completely outside the establishment MSM, but set it up in the cloud with a virtual production operation, and so you'll have researchers distributed across the Internet digging into things, going places, asking the right questions, getting imbedded (like Project Veritas did), and also accepting leaks from insiders, like WikiLeaks.

Who knows, such a venture if and when it comes to be, whether funded by me or others, could even save lives, prevent a 9/11 type event or even an unnecessary war.

Part of such an organizations focus would also be on reporting inconsistencies or "fake news" perpetuated as propaganda by the MSM, as well as all manner of corruption within and by the old "system" with the aim to change it.

It would put as much "heat" on both sides and hold all their feat to the fire ie: it would never go "all in" with one political party or particular leader say like Info Wars and the alt.right media has, which is a mistake.

In other words, produce news reporting that simply cannot be labelled as "fake news" by Facebook or censored by the US government.

We need new channels of news reporting outside the oldstream media that can be TRUSTED, but that could have 1000's or 10's of 1000's of workers all coordinating their efforts in a virtual domain.

The PTB have revealed that they've lost the narrative and do no know what they are doing.

There's a big time vacuum to be filled.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
When I was a kid, we watched the six-o'clock news. That was it. It almost didn't matter what flavor (station) it came from. The News was what had happened nationally on that particular day.

These days, people turn on their News Channel and let it run continuously. That was something my dad did with his police scanner. It was a cool way to get the local news in a flash.

The obvious political affiliations of these news stations are having an affect on the people who tune them in. They're voluntarily subjecting themselves to a constant barrage of *programming* and I'm not sure they're aware of the outcome.

ATS oughta look into what I'm saying here. Talk about conspiracy theories.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I agree with you and the proof they know they have lost credibility is the fact that they have obviously bought into the reality that they are no longer really "national" news outlets.

So, what we have are the Blue Zone Media outlets spinning facts to fit their propaganda narrative, like CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, & CBS & Public TV. They know that there audience is pretty much limited to the Democrat controlled Blue Zones; they tipically only feature Democrats as "experts" and only feature Republicans to make fun of them.

So now we have declined to the point we have Blue Zone News and Red Zone News. And neither shares any credibility with their opposite audience.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cigarettes

Man, you are spot on correct about the programming. Its none to subtle either and its reinforced by constant repitition.

Frankly, I think its becoming dangerous to mental health.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Cigarettes

Man, you are spot on correct about the programming. Its none to subtle either and its reinforced by constant repitition.

Frankly, I think its becoming dangerous to mental health.

Having just read through everyone's responses in-thread, it's obvious there's a wealth of individual knowledge about this subject. I might spend the day browsing the site and see if there's ever been an old-school-ATS thread on the subject.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join