It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Congress certifies Trump's Electoral College victory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I did manage to grab a quick shot of Hillary as it was taking place.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

I did manage to grab a quick shot of Hillary as it was taking place.

Her and her double pictured here ....

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth.

~ Abraham Lincoln

I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose.

~ John F. Kennedy

On January 21st of 2017, the day after I take the oath of office, Americans will finally wake up in a country where the laws of the United States are enforced. We are going to be considerate and compassionate to everyone. But my greatest compassion will be for our own struggling citizens.

~ Donald Trump

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
And the fat lady has sung.

Probably sounded like Roseanne Barre.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
blinks - i actually feel sorry for mr biden at that point - i can imagine him thinking :

why me ?

its not as if the objection process is particularly difficult

1 - write letter stating " i object "
2 - get it signed by a critter from each chamber
3 - hand it in to the clerk

but the democrat critters could not even manage that

biden has to be thinking " only 13 more days - and i am out of here "

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
So, if 50 electors that voted for Trump were really illegal, because they didn't "reside" in the state they represented or "held office" so violating their eligibility, that means the Congress erred in certifying an invalid count.

To certify an invalid count, it to invalidate the entire process of establishing the President, making the certification meaningless.

Since, if the rules don't actually have to be followed, to put a particular person in office, then anyone can claim to be President. Just make up your own rules.

Either you follow the rules, as laid out by the written law, or you enable a tyrant to gain power.

In tyranny, the tyrant is the law. And all written laws are bent, ignored, twisted, shaped, to fit the tyrant's goals.

As has happened here.

Indeed, Obama is the last President, as was predicted.

The next guy to sit in the White House, may hold the title "President", but how he got there was tyrannical.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Inauguration will be such a great day. The day we can finally put this madness about stopping Trump's succession to rest.

THEN people just have to look out for down handed impeachment attempts. (Unless of course he actually does something that deserves impeachment)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Inauguration will be such a great day. The day we can finally put this madness about stopping Trump's succession to rest.

When the electors met on December 19th 2016 to vote for Trump, the Russian Ambassador was shot.

When the congress met on January 6th 2017 to certify the electoral collage vote for Trump, there was a mass shooting.

What makes you think the January 20th 2017 when Trump is inaugurated will be a great day?

Following the pattern of "blood sacrifices" required to make Trump president, I'd say expect something similar.

THEN people just have to look out for down handed impeachment attempts. (Unless of course he actually does something that deserves impeachment)

Republicans have to turn against Trump, before any impeachment attempts can gain ground. So, first Trump has to do something to upset his base.

If Trump appears too unstable and erratic, Republicans will replace him with Pence. That seems to have been their plan all along.

Use Trump to win the elections, and replace him with a more suitable Pence once that challenge is won.

Then, and only then, will the Republicans have everything they always wanted.

Trump is like a trojan horse, a Democrat wearing Republican skin, just for the purpose of gaining the Oval Office.

Republicans are not fooled, they see Trump changing his views to suit the times, all the time. Trump said he had proof that Russians didn't hack, now he says he agrees with U.S. Intel that Russians did hack, but that it had no effect. Later, he'll change his tune again, and admit the hacks did affect the elections, but by then, it wouldn't matter, because he'll be in office.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

If there was anything to it, the objections would have been signed and debated.

That's what the laws say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join