It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woo and Occam's Razor - the explanation for most conspiracy theories and nonsense

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: supermilkman

You are very right. People in the First World have become too accustom to prosperity. Every glass of spilt milk becomes an apocalypse. Nevertheless, proxy wars, currency wars, international sanctions....its all a huge game of Monopoly, so the conspiracies are decentralized conspiracies. Conspirators vs conspirators.

Yeah we're spoiled. We take a lot of things for granted though I'll admit things could be better.

Everything you said is true. The world is a rat race.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

Rule #1 - Know your audience!

This OP content is 101 to any seasoned conspiracy theorist. The problem is simply that some people get so deep they can no longer see the forest through the trees.

Yeah I understand that. I used to be a hard core conspiracy theorist but I've unlearned a lot of things over the years. Things that I thought were once true I found out later weren't. I've found out that some much were exaggerations or was reading from misinformation.
edit on 4-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Conspiracy theorists ASSUME information that is not backed up with physical evidence.

Good post , woo woo vs occam... But what I'm missing is

'what is considered evidence?'.
'How does one present evidence ? (on ats)'

For instance if it comes to UFO's in my opinion there really is a lot of 'evidence'. However not generally accepted as the truth by many skeptics. ergo evidence is not objective. What is considered evidence is exactly the same as the general opinion a.k.a (mainstream news , or science)

And about occamś razor. Ever used that with regards to 'black holes' ? If a theory describing them has so many holes in it. why aren't scientist using that razor. Instead they go to even more far fetched theories. And all is scientifically proven just because the mathematical models predict them ? Maybe Mathematical models are steering scientists away from true science. Occams razor is just a 'tool' , A tool that can be used for the good and the bad

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

Conspiracy theorists ASSUME information that is not backed up with physical evidence.

Good post , woo woo vs occam... But what I'm missing is

'what is considered evidence?'.
'How does one present evidence ? (on ats)'

For instance if it comes to UFO's in my opinion there really is a lot of 'evidence'. However not generally accepted as the truth by many skeptics. ergo evidence is not objective. What is considered evidence is exactly the same as the general opinion a.k.a (mainstream news , or science)

And about occamś razor. Ever used that with regards to 'black holes' ? If a theory describing them has so many holes in it. why aren't scientist using that razor. Instead they go to even more far fetched theories. And all is scientifically proven just because the mathematical models predict them ? Maybe Mathematical models are steering scientists away from true science. Occams razor is just a 'tool' , A tool that can be used for the good and the bad

One can present evidence with audio recordings, documents/scans, footage (not edited), reliable witness testimonies (i.e. military officials with genuine credentials, employees that were actually involved with the many alleged conspiracy theories), controlled experiments, tangible evidence etc.

The supposition I'm talking about is mostly on youtube and forum boards.

"The Zionist Jews are trying to take over!" (no, the world economies are regulated by people with various backgrounds)

"The bankers are luciferian satan-worshippers!" (no, the bankers are giving payments to the work force)

"Obama is bringing in communism!" (the US is more or less the same)

"White privilege is a zionist construct to rid of the races." (no, some people are just racist. others are not)

"The third reich will occur on the 10th of May!" (no, many predictions have been made and never happened)

"2 + 2 = 4. There are four walls in the white house. 4 represents magic. etc." (no, there isn't any hidden meanings to numbers. numbers are just used for measurements)

"The news anchor is using an illuminati hand symbol." (no, person was just talking with their hands)

You see what I'm saying? It's mostly nonsense.
edit on 5-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

You see what I'm saying? It's mostly nonsense.

Indeed I'm seeing it... And ..Maybe itś all nonsense and there is nothing outside the box (just dont look further )... watch CNN be happy..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join