It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any members of the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes (RAOB) here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Greetings International members.

The RAOB (Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes) is an international fraternal organisation now and I have been a brother for many a year...

Any other members here?

Would be nice to have a banter...

en.wikipedia.org...

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
"Justice, Truth and Philanthropy"

Nice thoughts but they do not exist in our world.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Me!

3rd degree, but been out of compliance for a about 3 years. Still speak to some of my old lodge members.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
"Justice, Truth and Philanthropy"

Nice thoughts but they do not exist in our world.

Might not in yours but they still do with the Buffs.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Do you have cool hats?

link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Me!

3rd degree, but been out of compliance for a about 3 years. Still speak to some of my old lodge members.

Ex Claro John Wilson lodge 3rd degree member here mate (when it was still in Harrogate) My grandad was the PGL secretary of the GLE in Harrogate for many years...

Most of the men in my family were lodge members and many of our lady family members were part of the ladies Glades.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 4-1-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase added

link   

originally posted by: network dude

Do you have cool hats?

Only when we are really drunk

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Greetings Lags! I hope you find some of your international Brethren scattered throughout the world! I've never heard of the RAOB before, thanks for the interesting topic.

As the wiki article says that the Order was founded by actors and stagehands,... are many members currently affiliated with the entertainment industry?

As the RAOB is said to have adapted some imitations of Freemasonry, I was curious if your Order carried any secrets (yes or no will do).

Are you able to discuss the details of the layout of a Lodge and it's furnishings and/or membership regalia?

Politics and religion are prohibited Lodge discussions, but do you have any idea the source or inspiration for your ceremonies and rituals?

Are there any further appendant bodies beyond the regular RAOB Lodge?

The Order's ambulance work is honorable!

edit on 1/4/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

Greetings Lags! I hope you find some of your international Brethren scattered throughout the world! I've never heard of the RAOB before, thanks for the interesting topic.

As the wiki article says that the Order was founded by actors and stagehands,... are many members currently affiliated with the entertainment industry?

As the RAOB is said to have adapted some imitations of Freemasonry, I was curious if your Order carried any secrets (yes or no will do).

Are you able to discuss the details of the layout of a Lodge and it's furnishings and/or membership regalia?

Politics and religion are prohibited Lodge discussions, but do you have any idea the source or inspiration for your ceremonies and rituals?

Are there any further appendent

Many modern day members are now ex military or just regular everyday people mate, not so sure about people in the entertainment industry to be quite honest...

However, there is a rapid decline of members over the past 15 to 20 years as less and less interest is shown...

The RAOB have their own codes (passwords and signs) for which I will never give away unless shared between brothers but you can find out more about the RAOB here at this website : www.raob.org.uk...

It is open to all.

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Thank you taking the time to answer my questions, I appreciate it. I found an article with an interesting video embedded:
The endangered Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes needs you

Membership has been declining in the groups that I am a member of, and I hear that all sorts of religious, philosophic, and philanthropic groups are also experiencing declines. Technology has connected the entire planet, but I fear that the near-infinite amount of knowledge that we are now privy to is causing us to be more "me" isolated and less "we" oriented. The concepts of family and community are also deteriorating. I think it is all an indication of more ego and less social.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

Thank you taking the time to answer my questions, I appreciate it. I found an article with an interesting video embedded:
The endangered Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes needs you

Membership has been declining in the groups that I am a member of, and I hear that all sorts of religious, philosophic, and philanthropic groups are also experiencing declines. Technology has connected the entire planet, but I fear that the near-infinite amount of knowledge that we are now privy to is causing us to be more "me" isolated and less "we" oriented. The concepts of family and community are also deteriorating. I think it is all an indication of more ego and less social.

That video more or less hits the nail on the head.

However, it must also be underlined that fund raising is also done for local charities within each lodges vicinity (such as local hospitals, handicapped kids associations etc...)

A lot of cash comes/came out of members pockets too for these fund raising activities.

You are right on all lines when it comes to the concepts of family and community...

Warmest respects

Lags

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Motto: "The Order's motto is "No Man Is At All Times Wise"

I like that.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Sounds nefarious. Where do you Buffaloes plot your stampede to take over the world.

/Just kidding

I'm looking forward to joining some kind of fraternal organization when the kids are older (and i have more time to fill.)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Sounds nefarious. Where do you Buffaloes plot your stampede to take over the world.

On the 20th of January Buwhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Warmest

Lags

top topics

join