It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: Obama Trying to Delegitimize Trump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

By Curt Mills | Staff Writer Jan. 3, 2017, at 9:20 a.m.

“They are trying to say that President-elect Trump is not a legitimate president," Assange said during the interview, which was conducted at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where he has been staying.
"But if it did, the accusation is that the true statements of Hillary Clinton and her campaign manager, John Podesta, and the DNC head Debbie Wasserman Schultz, their true statements is what changed the election.”

www.usnews.com...

For strange reasons many people in the left, who do not want President elect Donald Trump as President, are ignoring the revelations of wikileaks and instead of blaming the DNC, and HIllary for losing the Presidential election, they want a scapegoat. In this case the scapegoat is Russia. Using dubious, inconclusive and fallacious arguments that "Russia hacked our elections" when that is not true.

Even President Obama tried to downplay the revelations of wikileaks, and instead has jumped in the "Russia hacked the elections" bandwagon.

Trying the blame Russia for the fact that President-elect Donald Trump won has been a "last resort" effort to try to delegitimize the election of Donald Trump.

Is the DNC, including the Obama administration trying to incite violence from groups like BLM, and many others in the left by making these false accusations?

edit on 4-1-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct subject

edit on 4-1-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add vid.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Unless they hacked the ballot boxes it was a legitimate election, therefore Trump is the legitimate President-elect.

The rest, including Assange's comments are... Pointless.

Russia may have hacked the DNC, evidence is coming out this week isn't it?

Either way, Trump is the winner of the election. Nobody is accusing Russia (or anyone for that matter) of election fraud.

EDIT:

Scrap that, the right and even Trump were moaning about election fraud before votes were even cast. It's on them to do anything about voter fraud, I'm doubtful they would now.
edit on 4-1-2017 by RAY1990 because: More to add

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

When the MSM drives public opinion, and its all dead set against you, you call that a fair election?

Okay now factor the amount of coverage:

Which basically means there was round the clock Trump hitpieces being pumped out by the Establishment Propaganda Fronts, the same people going to lecture everyone about "influencing" elections.

NOTE: Dude wasn't even supposed to win the Primary's, but once he did the MSM went full bore insane on him.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Kind of says it all that we're getting a presidential interview on Comedy Central these days...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I agree, they did go full on after him, but he never helped himself all that much either.

Media coverage bad or good isn't a right in an election. Don't laugh at me... But people are supposed to make their own minds and then vote or boycott.

I guess the old saying is true about if you tell someone not to do something they'll end up doing it.

As far as I'm aware, the things that matter. It was a "fair" election. As fair as can be when you only have two people running... That's what most voters saw yes?

Evil or the lesser evil?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The information was out there for alternatives to both Hillary and Trump. They got little coverage, heck I don't even know the names of anyone else running. Jill Stein? I only know that name due to the recounts.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
im hacking me ex fiancee *wooo wooo sounds*

Damn it, that bung eyed ugly pos voter still gets to stick his "ballot" in every night.. it is certainly rigged.

who cares about trump..
edit on 4-1-2017 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Poor, Assange. Are people are not talking about him enough again? Is he needed to shill on Trumps behave for some reason? Are people getting to close to some truth he wants hidden? To many damn questions.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

how old are these conversations with Assange? I thought no one has heard anything recent from him?
Is he even alive?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

The fact is that Assange originally said that as far as Hillary and Trump , it was a toss up between Syphilis or Clap. Looking at it I think Trump is the best bet, because he's older and wiser now, and his ego will compel him to be remembered as one of the best Presidents ever. But he is on notice www.ascensionwithearth.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I don't think Trump needs extra help with that.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
He is right.

The left cant seem to accept the loss was 100% there fault.

They pushed a unpopular and unwanted dynasty candidate.

And unless the accept that they will lose the next election.

Hell i am betting they will double down on stupid and nominate nancy pelosi next........

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Trying the blame Russia for the fact that President-elect Donald Trump won has been a "last resort" effort to try to delegitimize the election of Donald Trump.

No-one is claiming that the election was not legitimate but Russian propagandists. The Clintons will be attending the inauguration. The Democratic Party realizes that it lost because it relied on identity politics rather than the core concerns of the electorate. Russia is desperately trying to stir the pot in order to undermine America's faith in its own institutions. That was the reason why they have selectively released information gathered by its intelligence services. This is not the first time they have done it; it is only the most egregious.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

his ego will compel him to be remembered as one of the best Presidents ever.

He will think he is the best President ever, no matter what he actually does.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Let's pretend for a second that Pres Obama is indeed trying to delegitimize Pres-elect Trump. So what?

Trump & the GOP have vowed to repeal as many of Obama's policies as possible, which would completely obliterate his legacy. They're even trying to scrap his signature health care legislation. Not to mention, for roughly 8 years Trump tried to delegitimize Obama w/that birther crap. So turnabout's fair play, right? From my perspective, Obama's simply giving them a taste of their own medicine (if all of the Russian accusations were just a ploy).

And Obama's last minute moves to trip up Trump & the GOP are also a taste of their own medicine, since they've literally fought him at every step during his presidency. So now I see it as he's just placing hurdles in their way to delay their efforts to undo his own policies, which makes sense. After all, how stupid would it be to help his replacement destroy everything he worked to achieve?

(note: I don't think the Russian allegations are a ploy. I actually haven't given my opinion on them at all for various reasons. I'm simply bringing up another way to see this.)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Using dubious, inconclusive and fallacious arguments that "Russia hacked our elections" when that is not true.

You don't know for sure the Russians did not undertake a programme of cyber crime. They have form in this area, regardless of what Assange says.

Regardless, the Democrats need to accept the result and move on.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I don't think Trump needs extra help with that.

What is this even supposed to mean? He won the election.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Let's pretend for a second that Pres Obama is indeed trying to delegitimize Pres-elect Trump. So what?

Trump & the GOP have vowed to repeal as many of Obama's policies as possible, which would completely obliterate his legacy. They're even trying to scrap his signature health care legislation. Not to mention, for roughly 8 years Trump tried to delegitimize Obama w/that birther crap. So turnabout's fair play, right? From my perspective, Obama's simply giving them a taste of their own medicine (if all of the Russian accusations were just a ploy).

And Obama's last minute moves to trip up Trump & the GOP are also a taste of their own medicine, since they've literally fought him at every step during his presidency. So now I see it as he's just placing hurdles in their way to delay their efforts to undo his own policies, which makes sense. After all, how stupid would it be to help his replacement destroy everything he worked to achieve?

(note: I don't think the Russian allegations are a ploy. I actually haven't given my opinion on them at all for various reasons. I'm simply bringing up another way to see this.)

Yeah but Republicans were just giving Democrats and Obama a taste of their own medicine. The previous 8 years narrative was that Bush was illegitimate.

Also you can't compare Trump skepticism as a private citizen, to the actions of a sitting president. They are completely different.
edit on 4-1-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Yeah but Republicans were just giving Democrats and Obama a taste of their own medicine. The previous 8 years narrative was that Bush was illegitimate.

And Democrats were giving Republicans a dose of their own medicine from the Clinton years, where Repubs even impeached Bill and shut the govt down when they controlled Congress. In other words, we should be able to agree that both sides do this to each other on a regular basis. Hence my "so what?" at why people are acting outraged or shocked by it when Pres Obama does it.

Also you can't compare Trump skepticism as a private citizen, to the actions of a sitting president. They are completely different.

I disagree, particularly since that private citizen is now the President-elect. Not to mention, he's also been a celebrity since the 80s so he's fair game anyway.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

For strange reasons many people in the left, who do not want President elect Donald Trump as President, are ignoring the revelations of wikileaks and instead of blaming the DNC, and HIllary for losing the Presidential election, they want a scapegoat. In this case the scapegoat is Russia. Using dubious, inconclusive and fallacious arguments that "Russia hacked our elections" when that is not true.

This does not matter. The msm and the left can cry all they like it will not change the election results. If they had actual real evidence it would have been released or leaked by now. This is all to cover the big O's ass when it comes out later that his administration has been arming ISIS. Instead of a real tangible legacy all O has is one crumbling piece of legislation that will soon be repealed. Most of the big O's executive actions will be reversed. All of his "feel good" social justice engineering via executive branch arms will also soon be gone. EPA,DHS,IRS and other crap regulation/political harassment will end. Had the big O's social justice gains been made via actual LAW passed by congress he would not be in this mess. After forcing OBAMACARE through with no opposing party support he (and the dems) lost any legitimacy and had the means to make REAL lasting change taken from them by the voter. Now with his foreign policy collapsing in front of him O is realizing how bad he has erred.

top topics

join