It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xcathdra - Hospital and other issues

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Greetings,

The last 5 years have been a roller coaster for me and all on a downward free fall, from personal problems, medical issues, work related issues and such. I ended up in the Hospital on Christmas and was just discharged yesterday. While the medical problems have not been too serious on an individual level, when they are all put together its taken its toll. Some of the results has been the loss of my job, insurance, savings and just about everything else we rely on on a daily basis for basic survival. If not for family I would be adding homeless to that list.

Xcathdra

Wow that sound like a copy of a page in my life and that is no exaggeration. I hope you are doing as well as possible right now and that you can find some rest and peace from it all for a while.

In my case i started getting certain pain symptoms which gotten slowly but steadily worse that after about 2 years made it almost impossible to do my job and i ended up losing it. I had a quite a bit of support from my employee but i also saw that it was getting to much and was unsustainable. For all that time they could not diagnose it in the hospitable which is not that strange imo since they constancy did the same basic tests.

I had a nice discussion with one of the doctors about this when one day he mentioned "but look at this file look at how many times we checked but found nothing" because his argument was that it was all between my ears. I told him "Look this is BS, if i cant find my car keys at home and i look in the same drawer for a month long every day i wont ever find it either now will i ?" But even then they stuck with it,

they said the same about my mother once who was quit visibly far from alright, she ended up having terminal lung cancer when they finally found out what was wrong.

So i lost my job but had a mortgage and all the bills that come with living including insurance kept coming. I juggled with those bills living of my savings for as much as i could while avoiding bothering friends or family with my issues (a mistake i can advice anyone against doing, its ok to ask for help i see that now)

I was not eligible for support or my insurance for many things because i never received a actual medical diagnose.
Much later on they finally found what is wrong with me. They found Asbestos in my lungs. Yeah..

Needless to say i lost everything including my relationship spend that Christmas and new years alone in my house which i still had , shortly after that i had to ask for help otherwise i would have ended up homeless but i had so many unpaid bills to my name i could not even rent a car without being rejected. I was kind of forced to ask for help but much like you i was quite private and never really showed my face when i had issues. Call it stubbornness or false pride.

Had it not been for my fantastic family i would have been out on the street all by myself. In hind sight i regret having been too proud to reach out, being with certain family members truly did wonders for my mental state i can tell you that so despite of it all it is truly good to hear you have a good family around you and there for you. I learned the hard way that that is the most important thing one can have.

Keep that head up

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Sorry about the endlessly long story there it was not my intention initially to do that but i t ended up like that.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I'm sorry to hear you're having such major life challenges, hopefully things will start to work out again for you.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I was half expecting you to blame Putin for your problems to be honest Xcathdra...

Seriously though, all the best. Hope you sort it out and get back to the fighting talk soon.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Over the years I haven't been much of a contributor here at ATS but I'm here reading everyday. I very much appreciate/depend on the contributions of people like you. It's why I keep coming back.

In the past I haven't always agreed with you but in more recent years you've absolutely changed my POV on a few things. I thank you for that and I will sorely miss your contribution.

I can't believe how much I've change since joining ATS. I still haven't found the answers I first came here looking for, instead I found good people like you who've helped me grow/deny ignorance.

I've seen too many good people disappear leaving no clue where they went/what happened. Thank you for leveling with us, not easy but a fitting example of your character. I've known you to be an honorable person, a rare commodity these days.

I've been in dark places too, no matter what life throws at us as long as we stay true to our nature, things have a way of working out. Stay strong, don't give up the good fight. When/if opportunity allows it's my hope you'll find your way back... until then I wish you/yours the very best.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Hang in there Xcathdra , you're a smart cookie I'm sure you'll get it figured out.

All the best for the future mate.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I hope your comeback is righteous.

You are one of the brightest people on the board.

Take your time and think things through.

Praying for a fabulous New Year for all of us here.

Most of us seem to of had a pretty tough year.

It will change...it always does.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I am sorry to hear about your "state of the union" as it were. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers like I do all my friends and acquaintances whom I know are needing some special help and guidance (and even those of us who don't think we do).

My general philosophy on life is that you are the only thing you can control, and when it comes to your health, you can't even really fully control that. So it's best to take a step back and worry only about those things that you really can control and let go of what isn't yours to impact. Let life take care of itself and be ready for the opportunities that open up.

It's a hard lesson to learn to let go like that, but it's better (and healthier) than trying to grab out and try to control it all which is a fool's errand anyhow.

I hope things look up for you in this new year and that your life falls back on the rails so we can see your voice back with us again.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey bro, Sounds like you're dealing with a lot, life can be such a struggle sometimes.

I hope you get back on your feet again, and that you decide to stick around ATS while on that path. Your friend ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Glad to see you back. You are one of the few Jedi Masters of ATS left.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Oh goodness. I'm so sorry to hear of yet another member struggling, especially you Xcath.

Hang in there and please know your ATS family is rooting for you. You are in my prayers.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Take care, it's people like you who make this site what it is.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
While I truly don't know you, I DO hope you realize that you've got to get your health under control. Let go of stress, it just weakens the immune system and you really don't need that. I will never say "I know how you feel" because that's impossible. I don't know if you're aware of the advantages of meditation but if you're not, it surely can't hurt. My prayers go out to you and I honestly wish you nothing but absolute victory over all the challenges you're facing. It's said that it is always darkest before dawn so hang in there and NEVER give in to darkness & despair no matter how seductive it may seem. From the responses of the many amazing people here, you have PLENTY of well-wishers who are rooting for your undeniable, inevitable success. Best wishes always & I am one of countless others who wish to see you back in your fit, feisty form. Hopefully, this fearless man will give you some hope amid the numerous challenges that crowd your present reality. overcoming hopelessness-Nick Vujicic

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
get well soon man. think healthy thoughts.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You will be missed.

You are loved here. Don't forget it.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Be where you need to be.

While cyberspace is a fascinating connection to others in this world, we cannot forget about the connection to our selves.

Take care of your inner,outer,psycho,social,everlasting, momentarySELF

Be where you should be.

#lyricsnotforsale

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hey there friend, hoping you get better soon, will be missing
you till then. Look forward to that day, heart felt prayers sent your way.

bts

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You're a smart guy. I always click on your posts when I see you as the author.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

All my better angels to you buddy, been going through the same this year so I understand

Stay strong and as my father would have said "dont never give up"

You got this buddy, if theres anything I can do personally feel free to message me, I know how these things go

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hope you get better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join