It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 establishment-media cover-ups of 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I listed the top three. This is an excellent article that goes pretty deep into the mess that 2016 was and how our corporate and wealthy owned media has done us a disservice in their coverage. I highly recommend a look at the source article.

The Podesta emails. What a mess, not just the emails that are causing problems, bit who hacked what to get the mail. Of course there is the actual content. Pizza gater took off, and that took on a life of it's own. Then all the other tentacles that came out about HRC and crew. It was an eye opening set of docs. And the saga of the hacked e-mails are from over.

1. The contents of the Podesta emails:

The hacking of emails belonging to Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, certainly drew attention, with President Obama punishing Russia for the alleged act this week, without any hard evidence. Podesta, himself, declared the hacking of election-related emails the political equivalent of the 9/11 attack.

The economy has been nothing but roses since Obama has taken office, right? The economy is so good that Dem voters flipped to Repub in 2016 in the mid west. Obama's liberal usage of Keynesian econ is laughable and has made things much worse. Let's not talk about regulations and executive orders.

2. The true Obama economy:

President Obama repeatedly has boasted that he pulled the U.S. economy from the brink of depression and into robust growth, and Politico declared in December that Trump will inherit an “Obama boom,” handing his successor “an economy that’s now the envy of the world.”

But voters apparently thought otherwise, particularly the working class in the rust belt who flipped their Democratic-leaning states to Donald Trump. And there are economists who share their skepticism of the “Obama recovery.”

The debt is out of control, and the graphic below speaks for itself. This will have to be taken care of sooner of later. It is a huge number and we are in for a day of reckoning, but Obama will be out of office, so who cares right?

3. The doubling of the national debt under Obama

thenewsblaster.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Christine Lagarde , convicted of "negligence" with public funds yet no sanction and keeps her IMF job.
www.theguardian.com...

Unbelievable.

edit on 31-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Syria

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Government reports proved Hillary Clinton lied hundreds of times.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The "Russian hacks".

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The one that stuck out most to me is the Democrats rigging the primaries to make certain Bernie lost. If a political party that divided amongst themselves, then how can they ever stand firm? Also, if they're willing to do that to their own (candidate and constituents), then how can I ever expect them to be a party for the whole country???

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Sounds like a perfect plan til she the time come to answer for all the tom foolery.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Say it ain't so. I seems like there are 2 laws, one for the rich and one for the the other 99.8%.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The economy has been nothing but roses since Obama has taken office, right? The economy is so good that Dem voters flipped to Repub in 2016 in the mid west. Obama's liberal usage of Keynesian econ is laughable and has made things much worse. Let's not talk about regulations and executive orders.

President Obama repeatedly has boasted that he pulled the U.S. economy from the brink of depression and into robust growth, and Politico declared in December that Trump will inherit an “Obama boom,” handing his successor “an economy that’s now the envy of the world.”

But voters apparently thought otherwise, particularly the working class in the rust belt who flipped their Democratic-leaning states to Donald Trump. And there are economists who share their skepticism of the “Obama recovery.”

The debt is out of control, and the graphic below speaks for itself. This will have to be taken care of sooner of later. It is a huge number and we are in for a day of reckoning, but Obama will be out of office, so who cares right?

thenewsblaster.com...

How come then both Reagan and Bush used Keynesian methodology in huuuge amounts, Bush's $300 Billion that few heard about, and god knows how much Reagan used, although Reagan did do a little in tax cuts, whereas Obama's tax cut was substantial. Some day someone will sit down an write about the Obama Presidency without prejudice, and while people in their prejudice will find hard to accept, so don't you talk crap in the meantime, just be truthful for once.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

I wanted Bernie or Trump. What I really wanted was a choice to vote for either of the 2.

Bernie would have been good shock to the system.

I feel (and I hate to use the word feel) that Trump is going to do exactly what he said he was going to do.

But we will have to see.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Our economy was very very different. We have been told that service jobs will replace manufacturing. Surprise, surprise they lied.
If we can no longer grow our way out of debt, our fractional reserve lending central banking system is going to have to be sh-canned. It is a debt based system and is incompatible with a mineral/precious metal backed money system (not saying that is where we are headed).

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
She was selfish, and dishonest. She makes poor decisions. In cheating sanders, she cut off the democrat parties nose to spite its face. What an old fool
edit on 31-12-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

thenewsblaster.com...

How come then both Reagan and Bush used Keynesian methodology in huuuge amounts, Bush's $300 Billion that few heard about, and god knows how much Reagan used, although Reagan did do a little in tax cuts, whereas Obama's tax cut was substantial. Some day someone will sit down an write about the Obama Presidency without prejudice, and while people in their prejudice will find hard to accept, so don't you talk crap in the meantime, just be truthful for once.

First off, neither of them OR Obama actually used "Keynsian" economics. Keynes theory was to spend in bust times, save in boom times. All of the above spent in bust times, spent in boom times. So keep Keynes out of it... it doesn't apply.

If we are going to talk about huuuge amounts tho, adding 10 trillion to the deficit is pretty huuuge. Record breaking, actually. More than all the other presidents combined, they say. I know.. but But Bush!!! The greatest recession since the depression came straight from democratic policies in housing and finance. I mean, it's not like Bush told the Democratic-run Congress once twice SEVENTEEN times that the housing market was going to collapse. House democrats said that was impossible right up to when it did. That epic FAIL is on the democrats, no matter how much they try to deflect.

The vast majority of people are not prejudice of Obama or HE WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN INTO OFFICE.

What the vast majority of people don't like is that as a leader he made a great follower. He sucks. That's what history is going to remember.

edit on 17Sat, 31 Dec 2016 17:15:23 -0600America/Chicago16st2016-12-31T17:15:23-06:00pmSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by GreyScale because: forgot an IS... kill me!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

It was a win at all costs campaign. Just think about how many people have been totally wrecked by the Clintons. Now they have damaged, of the DNC allowed, the DNC.
No one ever, ever thought that Trump would win. They came to a gun fight this a flower.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Sorry, Bush owns that. He was president and now says he knew something bad was brewing in the banking industry.

But he did next to nothing to stop it. He could have if he was as much of a cowboy as his swagger suggests. He is a follower.
edit on 31-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Sorry, Bush owns that. He was president and now says he knew something bad was brewing in the banking industry.

But he did next to nothing to stop it. He could have if he was as much of a cowboy as his swagger suggests. He is a follower.

Ah... so he could have fixed it how exactly?

Not sure if you're just being sarcastic?

He should have taken over the Democratic House and Congress with the power of his mind and forced their votes?

The most he could have done is told them they were screwing up... which he did.

Separation of powers and all that...

Sorry, but you're quite wrong here. I despise Bush but the collapse of the financial sector and the housing industry are on the Democratic party. Period.

Carter started the housing bubble, Clinton force-fed it by changing the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and it collapsed under the watchful (LOL) eyes of the Democratic party. Want to blame anyone, blame Barney Frank.

Or Obama... During his time as a community organizer Barack Obama led several protests against banks to make loans to high risk individuals.

“Like a lot of my Democratic colleagues I was too slow to appreciate the recklessness of Fannie and Freddie. I defended their efforts to encourage affordable homeownership when in retrospect I should have heeded the concerns raised by their regulator in 2004. Frankly, I wish my Democratic colleagues would admit when it comes to Fannie and Freddie, we were wrong.” – Congressman Artur Davis (D-AL) , September 30, 2008

Rewrite history if you want to, but it's still all there on the internet, waiting for someone to read it.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Wrong again.

He can talk from the oval office and tell the American people what was going on. It's called the bully pulpit, and he neglected to do what was right.
I understand that there are an awful lot of unknowns. But I get the feeling he didn't want the economic party to stop.

It did.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

First off, neither of them OR Obama actually used "Keynsian" economics. Keynes theory was to spend in bust times, save in boom times. All of the above spent in bust times, spent in boom times. So keep Keynes out of it... it doesn't apply.

If we are going to talk about huuuge amounts tho, adding 10 trillion to the deficit is pretty huuuge. Record breaking, actually. More than all the other presidents combined, they say. I know.. but But Bush!!! The greatest recession since the depression came straight from democratic policies in housing and finance. I mean, it's not like Bush told the Democratic-run Congress once twice SEVENTEEN times that the housing market was going to collapse. House democrats said that was impossible right up to when it did. That epic FAIL is on the democrats, no matter how much they try to deflect.

The vast majority of people are not prejudice of Obama or HE WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN INTO OFFICE.

What the vast majority of people don't like is that as a leader he made a great follower. He sucks. That's what history is going to remember.

It's you who sucks, in any case. I disagree with what you say, however it was the OP who mentioned Keynesian in the first place, but who do you repy to first off?
As for prejudice I was talking about the very thing the OP was trying to ram down throats, that Obama was no good at the job, when in fact he was, not perfect, but a hell of a lot better than what came before, and a world away from the piece of absolute crap that is going to take over very soon.
edit on 31-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
She was selfish, and dishonest. She makes poor decisions. In cheating sanders, she cut off the democrat parties nose to spite its face. What an old fool

But she won the popular vote.
And she is a woman.
And Trump is a Nazi.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yep. Putin likes Nazis

top topics

<<   2 >>

join