It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: ISIS leader and media guru is an American from Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Wild story here about an American who is (supposedly) leader inside ISIS !!

Possibly a Texan who was financed to study and master Islamic law.

Could be for real?

Could be an outed deep cover government agent?

Report: ISIS leader and media guru is an American from Texas

Daesh top gun is an american

A 32-year-old American has emerged as one of Islamic State’s (Daesh) top leaders, a recent report by Graeme Wood in The Atlantic magazine revealed. What propelled John Georgelas aka Abu Yahya to the top of the jihadist group?

‘A staggering mastery of Islamic law’

Was it poverty that turned him to terror? No, he was born into an upper-middle class family in Texas. Perhaps, it was American foreign policy? No, there is no indication that he was displeased with the 1845 incorporation of the Republic of Texas into the US

It was ideology that drove him into the arms of the IS. Financed by rich Arabs in Texas, Yahya studied Islam.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well at least they have a face and a name ... So a rather large target has been placed upon his back and head; unless he is brought back and put in some kind of witness program ... nothing would surprise me..

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
He is feared because he can speak to us for recruitment.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A beard certainly makes him look more fearsome than he would clean shaved. He'd probably look a right nerd without the olde beard.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
If it's true then the way this is dealt with will set a precedent for the rest of the Americans.

As an American can he just be executed or droned or does he have a right to trial as is constitutionally guaranteed. There may not even be an American out there but the way this will be publicized and the way the public accepts it could change the way we live.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Legally... He can be droned.

I forget the precedent set, but there was much uproar in the last 2 years or so about droning Americans in foreign militia-terror groups, due to Constitutionality.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

#### it, I'll shoot him if there's a "drone" issue.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Butt ugly either way....

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Obama already killed an American without a trial, youre in that reality already.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You do love that anti Muslim blog don't you? Judging by just your source I can say with all confidence it's pure crap.

edit on 30-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
No #.. 😭

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You do love that anti Muslim blog don't you? Judging by just your source I can say with all confidence is pure crap.

The article goes 2 deep in links.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
He looks like the kind of guy you find at an Anti-Trump riot, but that's besides the point.

In any case I think America, and the West in general need to take a good look at what mosques are preaching. There is legitimately serious concern over Saudi-funded mosques, or mosques that preach the Wahhabi ideology independently, producing Islamic State militants and militants for other, similar terrorist groups. They're basically hotbeds for radicalisation.

Then there's the pretty much uncontrollable problem of these terrorist groups distributing their propaganda online. Good luck with that one.

There's also been concerns raised that some Muslims are failing to integrate into Western society, leading to ghettoisation (new word I invented) which in turn leads to a stark misunderstanding of the country they live in. Here in the UK we got this gem

I don't think Islam should be banned by any means. I believe in religious freedom, I don't harbour any ill-will towards Muslims, I don't think Islam is synonymous with terrorism, nor do I think Islam goes hand in hand with oppression any more than the other Abrahamic faiths. But the current policy is failing. Something has to be done about the spread of radical ultra-religious ideology in the Western World.

The worst part is the more stuff like this carries on the more vilified Muslims will be in general and the harder it will be for the normal (or "moderate" if you will) ones to become accepted in society. It's bad all round. A truly crappy state of affairs.

Indeed I am quite disturbed by a trend in the UK (and i've seen it in the US & across Europe) for radical extreme-right groups, who are different only in ideology from the radical Wahhabi that they oppose, harassing Muslim families who have lived in this country for generations and integrated fully. That stuff isn't right.
edit on -060006pm12kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well if he has a mom and dad in Texas, they are in trouble now. If they were around here someone would be doing a drive by

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Obama already killed an American without a trial, youre in that reality already.

I would hardly call this POS a American......he has obviously renounced his USA citizenship and is now a citizen of the caliphate.

Well unless he is a CIA asset........

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

No hes help,according to Wikiarmy the guy your after is General Valleley ex US Psychological warfare operations and NSA

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Well if he has a mom and dad in Texas, they are in trouble now. If they were around here someone would be doing a drive by

Innocent people , why would you want to do a drive by ?!

EDIT : sorry not you , misread your post.

edit on 30-12-2016 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

Apology accepted, I have never aimed one of my guns at anyone.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

That is very good to hear , respect

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

ISIS is the new McCarthyism?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join