It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News of Polar Bears Dying From Global Warming Exposed — Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I covered a news article back in Feb, 2013 that stated that there were more polar bears now, than 40 years ago.

An inconvenient truth: More polar bears alive today than 40 years ago

The source was dailycaller, so it could just end up being a battle of fake news.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I assume I have made my point!

If you have an opinion that something is wrong with an article, don't be lazy about it! Find the evidence that supports your opinion. Then it can be debated!

But to dismiss someone's opinion simply because they accept money from a source you don't approve of is absolutely nuts. Its can't be debated and means nothing.

In this case, the OP posted what he felt was fake news! And he was right! It is fake news!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

www.factcheck.org...

Sombody's pants have ignited.

If AGW was such a horrible threat, lies would not be needed to push it's urgency.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
As it stands the populations of Polar Bears are declining in some regions, stable in others and increasing in 1 region. many regions where they are known to exist have no official numbers or tracking.

www.polarbearsinternational.org...

More importantly, why should anyone care if polar bears become extinct? Something like 90% of all species that ever existed on earth are now extinct. It's called nature.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Why should we care if animals go extinct? Hmm.

Your right when habitats collapse a lot of species go extinct...it's a Web and all.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Why should we care if animals go extinct? Hmm.

Your right when habitats collapse a lot of species go extinct...it's a Web and all.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant.
Species become extinct. It's nature and nature will win out every time.
I couldn't care less if polar bears become extinct. I don't mourn for the dodo or dinosaurs either.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Or humans.

Have you read about what is going on with the collapse of large predators? No?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Less ice means less coastal habitat?!?

Polar bears are tied to the sea ice for nearly all of their life cycle functions. Most important of these is foraging, or access to food. Polar bears almost exclusively eat seals, and they are equally as dependent upon the sea for their nutrition as are seals, whales, and other aquatic mammals. Polar bears are not aquatic, however, and their only access to the seals is from the surface of the sea ice. Over the past 25 years, the summer sea ice melt period has lengthened, and summer sea ice cover has declined by over half a million square miles. In winter, although sea ice extent has not changed as greatly, there have been dramatic reductions in the amount of old ice, predominantly in the western Arctic. This loss of stable old ice has set up additional losses of sea ice cover each summer because the thinner younger ice is more easily melted during the recent warmer summers.

Because of their dependence upon the sea ice for food, these changes can directly affect the carrying capacity of the Arctic for polar bears. Our studies are documenting numerical responses to these changes in sea ice. In Western Hudson Bay near the southern extent of the range of polar bears, the Canadian Wildlife Service has long term data on population characteristics and changes in sea ice. Our analysis of those data has shown that longer ice-free seasons have resulted in reduced survival of young and old polar bears and a population decline over the past 20 years. Recent observations of cannibalism and unexpected mortalities of prime age polar bears in Alaska are consistent with a population undergoing change. Ongoing studies are designed to gain an understanding of movement patterns of polar bears in response to changing ice conditions and of associated population responses. If we know how polar bears respond, functionally and numerically, to ice quantity and quality, we will be able to predict how forecasted changes in the ice may affect future polar bear populations. This will give managers the best chance of adapting strategies to assure long term polar bear survival in a changing ice environment. alaska.usgs.gov...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Or humans.

Have you read about what is going on with the collapse of large predators? No?

If nature ordains the human race to become extinct there is nothing we will be able to do about it other than develop the technology to inhabit other worlds. If there is an imminent risk then all resources we can muster should be focused on that technological development, not fighting nature.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I wonder where all the seals go when the ice melts?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I disagree but do agree about being galactic.

Unfortunately I don't share your view on humanities ability to understand and use reason.

If we aren't smart enough to stop pollution and consumption of unnecessary things we don't deserve to continue here.

You act is if humanity has no effect on nature which is rediculous. There are 7 billion consuming and it ain't getting any better.

You can say it's warming or weirding or whatever political catch word you want.

But humans tearing up the landscape and destroying habitat, making predators extinct from encroaching on their land has a major effect on the food Web.

Why not just dump the rods from fukushima into your home lake if it doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

How about if we dump billions of dollars to give to third world dictators to stop their countries from developing and lifting their people out of abject poverty? I am sure that will fix the problem. Climate scientists and politicians all tell me that is true!

/sarc

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
But a real scientist says polar bear populations are increasing !!

I can find another "real scientist" who believes that he can prove that Jesus was actually physically able to walk on water!
No one with an IQ actually thinks that global warming is a hoax!
I have seen enough from vastly diverse sources to put your "real scientist" (dredged from the rather biased 'new american') to well deserved obsolescence.

I guess we'll see what the vast majority of world leading 'fake' scientists have to say about her brilliant and irrefutable work.
My guess?
Like every crackpot (that appeals to the fringies), she will fade from sight without making a ripple.

edit on 30-12-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: xuenchen
But a real scientist says polar bear populations are increasing !!

No one with an IQ actually thinks that global warming is a hoax!

Those with an IQ question the effects humans have on global warming, with good reason.
Those with an IQ AND the motivation to get off their asses and do some research will be aware of the many scientists and mathematicians who oppose the current theories of human effects of global warming, and also why they oppose it.
Finally, those with an IQ always look at various opinions and research and refuse to rely solely on what others tell them is the reality.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

So how many Polar Bears are there ?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

And this ...

Today

Today, polar bears are among the few large carnivores that are still found in roughly their original habitat and range--and in some places, in roughly their natural numbers.
Although most of the world's 19 populations have returned to healthy numbers, there are differences between them. Some are stable, some seem to be increasing, and some are decreasing due to various pressures.

wwf.panda.org...

Or you can listen to this guy who says we need to forget their numbers are climbing or stable .. they will all be gone soon!

But the most important point is that whatever happened in the past is really irrelevant. Polar bear habitat is disappearing due to global warming. Even the most careful on-the-ground management doesn't matter if polar bears don't have the required habitat.

www.polarbearsinternational.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Like many AGW claims Al Gore in his "documentary" used the polar bear because no one could prove him wrong.
but now the wildlife researchers Charles Monnett and Jeffrey Gleason, who described seeing dead polar bears floating in Arctic waters are being investigated.
ktwop.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I watched this video yesterday, the Inuit talking about how things are changing - and offer various opinions on how polar bear behavior is changing along with what they think is causing it:

For bear discussion (32min in):
youtu.be...
edit on 11Fri, 30 Dec 2016 11:21:37 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Or we can understand that absolutely nothing is known about the bear population in at least half of it habitat!

One thing is sure - the OP post is a lie!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Other things to consider:

Polar bears have existed before modern times. And they have survived very well during warming periods in the past

Polar bear populations are growing. These bears don't always stay in one sub-management area for the convenience of the people counting them!

Polar bears are really large predators that are capable of competing with man for food AND for each other. If the populations are growing, it could affect this competition with some winning and some losing. This would have nothing to do with change.

Polar bears hunt on the edge of the ice floes, where the seals are and not in the middle of the arctic ocean. Despite so-called climate change, the ice floes of new ice are still on the edges of the land every year. The seals are still there and the polar bears are still eating.

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join