It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace and Good Will For All... Chicago Style

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well it seems that another year is wrapping up and we get 53 shot in Chicago over the Christmas weekend. How can any lives matter until this is fixed? We can look at other cities in basically the same situation too, though maybe not this extreme, but the culture of violence is the same. This also makes me think about the police that need to operate in these extreme areas and we see they are violent too. These cops are most likely a product created by these dysfunctional cultures as they come from within it and are in an environment where violence is the norm. I can't fault them for being the same....

As 2017 rolls in what do we do?

edit on 27-12-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

But but.. Donald Trump is racist.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Chicagoians sure don't act like Black Lives Matter.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

In all seriousness, this is just the continued slow motion implosion of the lower class black community as a result of progressive liberal policies.

Shootings are up because cops have pulled back from aggressive policing of hood rats due to all the videos and associated negative press.

Politicians and the black community are not willing to do what has to be done to stop the problem. A telling statistic is that 90% of those wounded "had gang affiliations, criminal histories and were pre-identified by the department's strategic subject algorithm as being a potential suspect or victim of gun violence." In other words, there is a very small subset of the community that law enforcement knows is the root of the problem. They can't just go and pull these folks off the street because the ACLU would probably have a heart attack, but they know these people are both shooters and targets.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
maybe America should stop being concerned with how many refugees they should accept from other countries and start being concerned with how many refugees from Chicago they should accept.

Chicago is worse than a lot of war ravaged cities in Syria, i`m sure if the refugees were told that could come to America but they would have to live in Chicago many of them would say no thanks i`ll stay where i`m at, it`s safer.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Sure they know who the criminals are just like we know Bush, Cheney, Hillary and Obama and many others are mass murderers and nobody can bring justice to them.

If the high and mighty are allowed to do crimes then the low and weak will do the same thing in a society that allows it.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I suspect that`s why they allow it to continue, to let the bad guys keep killing each other off and a %10 collateral damage rate of innocent people is acceptable to them.
the sad part is that those people were fooled into believing that the liberals actually cared about them and would make Chicago safe.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
....The real reason they are allowed to get away with these crimes is this:

Those upon high in this instance kill only brown people and these gang members kill only black people

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Because BLM isn't a movement. It's a distraction.
To these criminals in Chicago, NO lives matter.
They don't care about Soros funded movements.
Why should they? Race doesn't matter to them.
They are too busy killing innocent bystanders and each other.

Funny, when you see all the support of black musicians, artists, sports players, and other professionals in this nation...but now all white people are racist? Right. Just watch all them concerts and shows. See how many white people are in the crowds. Oh BUT racism!

Solution?
Legalize drugs. That's what most of these gangs fight over.
Drugs, money, and turf.

But Big Pharma will never let that happen.
Nope. Gotta maximize PROFIT$.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

I suspect that`s why they allow it to continue, to let the bad guys keep killing each other off and a %10 collateral damage rate of innocent people is acceptable to them.
the sad part is that those people were fooled into believing that the liberals actually cared about them and would make Chicago safe.

The problem is they don't kill each other off... They don't die, they multiply.

There is a cycle that is very hard to break once someone gets trapped in it. Basically, it goes something like this...

Teenager or young adult has a baby. Usually unexpectedly. The baby's father wants nothing to do with baby mama. The parents never marry and father is only involved in child's life on the periphery. Neither parent is usually the brightest bulb on the tree. They usually have poor paying jobs if any at all. They move to poorer neighborhoods. School suck, but rent is cheap. The entire community is filled with poorer people who all have made bad decisions - drug addicts, homeless, hustlers, and other baby mamas just trying to get by.

Since no fathers are around, the boy grows up with no real male discipline. Their father is the streets. Hanging out on street corners. Schools suck and kid barely can read. All he can do is hang on the corner. If he wants to make money he has to hustle. He joins a gang for protection. Starts carrying an illegal firearm. Gets caught up in legal system. No he can never really get a decent job. Slips up and gets his hood rat girlfriend pregnant at 16 years old.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat...

This cycle has been going on for damn near 40 years now. It started with the War on Poverty pushing black men out of the home to be replaced by government through the welfare state. Black out of wedlock birth rates were less than 25% back in the 60s. Daniel Moynihan warned about it then and what would result if the black family was broken. Out of wedlock birth rate now is 73%. Probably closer to 100% in certain neighborhoods.

We basically have a situation now with a bunch of young, feral males running around with zero home training and guidance. All their guidance comes from the streets. Throw in a saturation of cooning and buck dancing, thug celebrating hip hop brain washing these kids 24/7, it is no surprise what is going on.

Then you throw in patronizing white liberals who encourage this type of behavior with progressive policies and then combine it with the Uncle Tom House slave black leadership like your Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons and the rest of these cooning leaders who basically get to enrich themselves off the misery of the community they are supposed to represent you get the poor conditions of the black community in every major Democrat controlled city across the US.
edit on 27-12-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If I could, I would give you 1000 stars.

You are correct.

People think if they just throw money at a problem it will fix itself. Not in this case.

I also believe that this exact thing is going on around the world.

This is how we ended up with ISS, Broko Harem (SP) etc.......
edit on 27-12-2016 by crappiekat because: to add. SP

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

If I could, I would give you 1000 stars.

You are correct.

People think if they just throw money at a problem it will fix itself. Not in this case.

I also believe that this exact thing is going on around the world.

This is how we ended up with ISS, Broko Harem (SP) etc.......

Money won't fix anything... It is a social and cultural problem.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Self-restraint is not a weakness.
Losing self control is.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You nailed it and theres really nothing much to add except.........why is this even news? It isnt new, its been going on forever and it will go on forever. Scanning the headlines this am, I saw this story but didnt even bother to read it. They repeat this story in one form or another, every 30 days or so. All it serves to do is to remind the rest of the US how lucky they are to not be in Chicago and why not to go there.

We need a new forum for the relentless news filler repeats.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

If we go full conspiracy it is said that plan parenthood was created to reduce the black population. In any case it is working along with the fact they seem to want to kill each other too. How does 13% of the population drive as much as 70% of the news and 90% of all cultural debates lol.....

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

You nailed it and theres really nothing much to add except.........why is this even news? It isnt new, its been going on forever and it will go on forever. Scanning the headlines this am, I saw this story but didnt even bother to read it. They repeat this story in one form or another, every 30 days or so. All it serves to do is to remind the rest of the US how lucky they are to not be in Chicago and why not to go there.

We need a new forum for the relentless news filler repeats.

It is not news, it is every week but now and then we need to re calibrate our views as to what is wrong in this country. The news works so damn hard to make it something else.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

This cycle has been going on for damn near 40 years now. It started with the War on Poverty pushing black men out of the home to be replaced by government through the welfare state. Black out of wedlock birth rates were less than 25% back in the 60s. Daniel Moynihan warned about it then and what would result if the black family was broken. Out of wedlock birth rate now is 73%. Probably closer to 100% in certain neighborhoods.

We basically have a situation now with a bunch of young, feral males running around with zero home training and guidance. All their guidance comes from the streets. Throw in a saturation of cooning and buck dancing, thug celebrating hip hop brain washing these kids 24/7, it is no surprise what is going on.

Then you throw in patronizing white liberals who encourage this type of behavior with progressive policies and then combine it with the Uncle Tom House slave black leadership like your Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons and the rest of these cooning leaders who basically get to enrich themselves off the misery of the community they are supposed to represent you get the poor conditions of the black community in every major Democrat controlled city across the US.

I do not want to bash the liberals too much but the poor has been their main vote for those 40 plus years. Remember... "Obama going to buy me a house", or recent Hillary saying she will forgive all student loans? In the end the poor are still poor with no jobs and just enough subsistence support to live a real crappy life.

On another note, the Blacks are killing themselves off. They were 17% of the population in not too distant past and now they are about 13%. With Black on black crime, highest abortions %, dysfunctional families etc. they are slowly dying off in America. Some where that culture needs to change and it will only change if we start with the very young.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

maybe America should stop being concerned with how many refugees they should accept from other countries and start being concerned with how many refugees from Chicago they should accept.

Chicago is worse than a lot of war ravaged cities in Syria, i`m sure if the refugees were told that could come to America but they would have to live in Chicago many of them would say no thanks i`ll stay where i`m at, it`s safer.

I'm sure you're wrong, seeing as the percentage of the population killed or injured by violence in Syria is more than 100x (literally) higher than in Chicago.

Whether that's part of the common misconception about Chicago being "dangerous" or a dismissal of the very real danger of life in Syria, I don't know... Perhaps a bit of what seems to be a fairly common misconception on both ends of that one?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I'm sure you're wrong, seeing as the percentage of the population killed or injured by violence in Syria is more than 100x (literally) higher than in Chicago.

Whether that's part of the common misconception about Chicago being "dangerous" or a dismissal of the very real danger of life in Syria, I don't know... Perhaps a bit of what seems to be a fairly common misconception on both ends of that one?

I think it is safe to say both places are bad to what level is a little moot, but the worst part one is here at home and it is not under attack by 3 different Militaries. If one just thinks about it for a second, could you imagine in the area you live that 50 people are shot every weekend? I also bet that all happens in a rather small area of Chicago too. People do not think about just how big America is and how different we are round the country. We see all the same stores etc., so we think everything is the same, but it is not. The bad part is when was the last time the news even talked about Chicago, it's like they would spend a week talking about one person shot by police....hmmm

edit on 28-12-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

wow, you nailed it. If it wasn't such a sensitive issue, it would be easier to talk about. I think we all agree that cops treat inner city blacks different than sub-urban whites. But until the inner city dwellers can address the family problems and find a way to have some pride, along with a will to move up, nothing will get better, and it might get worse.

Back when poor families were sharecroppers, they held the family together out of necessity, and kids learned how to work and how to hate being that damn poor. So they worked to better themselves. With all the education opportunities that exist, it's really hard to say it can't be done. I know people who made it out of those areas, and are amazing individuals. Sadly, I also know some that will remain prisoners to the system.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join