It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else hates this festival?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hey. Every day is Christmas Day where I am. Grab life and enjoy and be good to others, and (mostly) people will be good to you. That's what it is all about.

If your ex-fiancée is with her new bloke's family, then celebrate that she's dumped a loser and found a better man. Adjust your life, and move on. Stop wishing everyone is as miserable as you, and should stop when your life stops.

I may sound unsympathetic, but you have choices and you are - to loosely quote Henley's Invictus - "...the master of your fate, and the captain of your soul".

Chin up.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

originally posted by: Snarl

Worst of all, Jesus didn't even exist, so this is all pointless...

Yeah ... Yeah ... Whatevas. Bah Humbug!!

I get it. And ... I don't care.

If you hate Christianity so much, why don't you stop acting triggered because of a holiday you get to spend at home, and go off and join up with a bunch of Terrorists?

Tell 'em Snarl sent ya!!

Merry Christmas!! ... To everyone else.

Go eat something foul, you dick.

Buck up, matey ... Everything (obviously) is gonna be fine. Merry Christmas!!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

I just got out of rehab, but have no diazepam left

That concerns me. I don't know anything about rehab after care but would have thought you'd go away with a supply of meds.

If it gets bad, go to hospital.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Dude take a breather, this time of year can be difficult for alot of people, my kids are over seas every year for the holidays, i drown myself in work its a whole healthier than drinking myself silly for 2 weeks, drop me a private if you need to vent, ive been to hell and back so never think you are alone.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry
I'm the same as u pretty much, except I'm anti social now and have been for years, don't get me wrong I am not looking for any sympathy from anyone, just stating that u basically don't have to waste time with relatives just because it s Christmas or whatever. I even hate going to church and being in a place filled with fake arrogant people who think they are better than others just because they are there, and today I happily skipped church with my family because of the extra fakeness of almost everyone that's in church. I only want to spend Christmas with my direct family not my relatives, I don't like them or even love them to be honest and I don't want there company, I'm not really happy around them I'm just annoyed and get angry with how there smiles are when u know they like to critisize and gossip about me and make me seem more like a loser than what I already am. Again not looking for sympathy from any of u, I enjoy being anti social and not having friends to hang with honestly, I'm pretty sick of it truthfully, anyway I'm
Just saying to all of u who are alone on the holidays is to not get stressed out and just enjoy the day or any day really how ever u wish and just try and live ur life.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Worst of all, Jesus didn't even exist, so this is all pointless...

Yeah ... Yeah ... Whatevas. Bah Humbug!!

I get it. And ... I don't care.

If you hate Christianity so much, why don't you stop acting triggered because of a holiday you get to spend at home, and go off and join up with a bunch of Terrorists?

Tell 'em Snarl sent ya!!

Merry Christmas!! ... To everyone else.

Go eat something foul, you dick.

I second this.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
In my opinion, no one deserves to be told "just cheer up" when they are in such obvious misery. Especially when they are struggling with the demon that is addiction, and have just come out of kicking its figurative rear. A monumental battle that they won, but which invariably leaves people weary and very changed.

So while I can obviously do nothing to help over the internet, I will just say: you endured rehab and defeated - for however long or short a time (that's why addicts say they are perpetually in recovery and not simply "cured") - one of the most devious and destructive opponents anyone I've ever known has faced. That makes you awesome in my book, even if it may not feel like it right now.

You're not required to celebrate, nor to feel joyous or cheery today. You're in a painful, difficult situation and a precarious one, and you miss someone you love on top of that. What's cheery about that? Nothing.

I know people don't want to hear that when we're all set to enjoy our dedicated day of happiness, but if we TRULY believe in the supposed precepts of the holiday (or the season, or what have you, depending on your beliefs) then we can't turn a blind eye to people's suffering and misery. And while OP may come off angry to people... anger is just pain. OP is in a terrible circumstance on a day when everyone else is trying to be jolly. Of course it hurts, and to be angry sometimes is to be human.

Sometimes we can't celebrate anything. Sometimes our "celebration" is just the knowledge that we survived another day, and didn't let the things trying to destroy us (including parts of ourselves) succeed.

I know this won't help... but I'm truly sorry for your sorrow and misery and circumstances, and I will - for what it's worth, and it may not be worth anything depending on what you believe or don't believe and I respect that too - pray for you. I can't do much else except to say I respect your battle against addiction, especially in the face of everything else you're dealing with. And I hope things change for you.

Please keep up the fight.

Peace.
edit on 12/25/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
All right, let's leave Christmas out of this and the rest of the world. They didn't do anything to you except provide you a convenient excuse to blame for your own miseries.

As for your ex, be honest with yourself. You left her for the bottle a long time ago, and that's the real source of all your problems. The bottle is a very jealous mistress and it won't let you form normal relationships with anyone else. And it doesn't give you anything for your devotion. It takes and takes and takes, and in return you are left like this with no one and nothing and feeling bitter and miserable toward everyone and everything else because the bottle doesn't love you back.

And until you can see this and until you can shake the bottle, it will take and take and take until you have nothing left to give except your life and that's when they find you dead somewhere.

So please. Get the help you need and stop turning your back on the world.

<< 1   >>

join