It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracker Candy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Okay, I must admit that when I saw this recipe (video) I thought no way could this be good. I was out of things to satisfy my sweet tooth and had on hand everything need for this recipe so I made it. WOW! So simple to make and it is delicious!

I will put the ingredients first and then link the video of how to make it. This recipe starts at the 1:10 mark. Don't worry, it is very short and to the point. It is also so easy I have the recipe memorized after making it once!

1 sleeve of Saltine crackers
2 sticks of butter
1 C plus 2 T of Brown sugar
1 Bag of Choc chips (I used semi sweet but next time I will use milk choc)
1/8 C of chopped pecans

I also sprinkled some sea salt on top of the chocolate after spreading it and before topping with pecans.

Merry Christmas!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Sounds yummy. The pasalubong(gift) shops here in the Philippines make/sell something similar to this..sans pecans, they use some other nut. I don't know what it is called. Also very yummy.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

We call that Christmas Crack. People go nuts for it and cannot leave it alone once they try it.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
a reply to: seeker1963

We call that Christmas Crack. People go nuts for it and cannot leave it alone once they try it.

Yea, it is! Sucks if you have some bad teeth, but it's worth the pain!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
for x-mas this year, my better half and i made a bunch of baked goodies for my family, this recipe was by the best one in our collection.

we're worried that we're just going to start making it for ourselves all year round now...

top topics

join