It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of buying a PS4. Anyone played FFXV?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

So, it's basically a lot like FF13-2?

Not sure I can handle another game like that.

Yeah, if it was online open world, it would be really cool...because the world is pretty big. It just kind of sucks it is only me exploring it. It was much more enjoyable playing with other people. In 14 there were random open world boss fights you could farm for exp, and at certain times there would literally be 50 people running around fighting with you....it was chaos...lol

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
FFVX is good.

If you don't have a PC that can run it well The Witcher 3 a fantastic game.

Bloodbourne is the best exclusive PS4 game and one of the best games you can get on the system.

Uncharted 4 is good too.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I enjoyed Bloodborne, but it was freaking frustrating too.

think I got killed 100 times by the boss that poisons you towards the beginning....cant member the name. the rest wasnt that bad though.

edit on pm1212201616America/Chicago22p10pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

It sounds like FF7-Remake is going to be a PS4 exclusive as well. Not sure. It would be a smart move if Sony could do it.

It was supposed to be on the N64, but the game was too big for cartridges haha!

edit on 22-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

If you are looking for other cool games for PS4, I would recommend 2 of them.

First, Tomb Raider. It shows how Lara Croft becomes a raider. It is really cool in that you can develop skills, stealth enemies with the climbing axe, or head shot them with a bow and arrow. You can also explore tombs over increasing difficulty with puzzles to solve and rewards. Solid game.

Second one is an online one and is fun as hell. Destiny is a cross between a role playing game and a FPS. Basically the story is s**t, but the game play makes up for it. You level up your character by getting random drops in open world combat, and completing various quests. You can do strikes with 3 people total, or raids that take a ton of teamwork with 6 total people. It is fun as hell listening to people bitching about whose fault it is we all died....lol
edit on pm1212201616America/Chicago22p10pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Build a gaming PC.

Join us. Become PC MASTER RACE!

Finally...some common ground!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

Well I won't really have time to get to the store until after first week of Jan. but I will go take a look then.

I don't really do online co-op stuff. I don't know any gamer friends and last time I tried online gaming was with MK9 haha!

Everybody on there was a god-like expert.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Im a ff freak lol, i play ff brave exvius on my android and am addicted to it, the ps4, i would watch the reviews for ff15, from what ive read and heard, it sucks. I highly recommend warframe for the ps4, its the only hame i play on it now, and it is free, or u can pay for stuff too, ff7 for ps4? Sign me up!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm in the same boat...waiting for the remake. But apparently The remake is going to take years to fully complete.
The game is just to big to be put on a disc and put on the shelves. It's going to be done in installments....or so I read anyway.
I beat the main story arc for FF 15 at about the 42 hour mark. Now I have 98 hours logged and still have loads of quests.

The optional dungeons alone, can take a person over 50 hours.
You have to beat all optional dungeons to obtain a certain key item to open a door at the bottom of the dungeon. What this door really is, is access to the hidden secondary area.
These can take anywhere from a few hours to 5 or more for a level 80.
A couple of them have over 100 floors you have to clear.

The secret dungeon - Piotis ruins or something like that,, took me bare minimum 7 hours to clear....it was very, very, very, very frustrating hahah. But amazing at the same time.

I've fought Adamatoise for over 3 hours before I killed him ( he has over 5 mill hp )
I bet I still have at least 60 hours left to complete everything on my quest docket as it stands. Who knows if I have even found all the quests.
I was just looking at my world map, and there are still a lot of areas that I haven't explored yet and are darkened out.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
For gaming I mostly use PC (Steam), but I also have a PS4 for exclusives and casual/social gaming with friends and family. Horror games like Until Dawn, Outlast etc. are great to play while just hangin out, but beware of sports games... they can cause some drama lol.

As for FFXV, It's a good game and you'll be hooked on it but I found it's kind of underwhelming compared to the previous FF games. The combat is different, much more fast paced. It can get repetitive after a while, but not in a chess/boardgame kind of way like previous games, but in a buttonmasher/God of War kind of way. The story feels a bit fast compared to previous games and can be confusing if you didn't watch Kingsglaive or the Brothers anime. Waiting for the FF7 remake now.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I finally gave in and bought one a few weeks ago and am loving it so far. Playing through Metal Gear The Phantom Pain and Deus Ex Mankind Divided at the moment and they are both awesome. Also got the app for android that lets you play remotely on your phone and it's not bad at all if you're in an area with good wifi.

Looking forward to the new Mass Effect and Ghost Recon games, hoping a Fight Night game comes out at some point too.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ffxv is awsome. A mix of ff and a simplified witcher 3 to me. For other recommendations the doom reboot or ea sports ufc 2 if your into combat sports. Also 7 days to die for some adult minecraft as long as you dont mind more bugs than a dirty dogs behind

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm really enjoying FF15. The graphics are brilliant. I would love to see a return to turn based, but that's not what this is. Expect to spend a lot of real time travelling between quests. Would have liked to see some playable females. Overall, it's a lot of fun and a massive improvement over the awful Type-0.

It's still not the game I've been waiting for, though. They keep saying FF7 is on the way, and they keep pushing it back.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

ROCKET LEAGUE!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I used to joke that someday we'd see FFVII-2, Part 3.

Looks like it's gonna happen haha

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Heck ya!
If it's a PS4 exclusive, I'll be buying the system just for that game.
Did the same thing with the original Xbox. Star Wars old republic was an xbox original exclusive. So I switched from ps2 over to Xbox just for that game...been stuck with Xbox since

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I bought the game FFXV. Its not a great game, but its a good game. If you watched the reviews of it, then there right. The first half of the game is pretty cool, you can explore the world and its pretty fun and like a buddy buddy flick. But once you go on to the main missions and progress to the game.

Well it ends prematurely to sort of say. I would think that with all the time they had in development they would have added a whole bunch more to the story. This FF is one that is lacking in that, I am at the end right now, and not only does it feel short, it felt like once you get past the exploration world, it pushes and rushes you to the end.

Most other FF games sort of drag on the story and you go to many locales and there is always something. But in this game its almost like a lot of things got cut out, and everything got crunched together so they could reach and end game scenario. Its not really short, its more like it skips from scene to scene, and then. The end!

Leaves you wondering WTF, is this it? What the hell happened. The developers of the game said they wanted to do a Final Fantasy game with more reality in it, or based on reality, but they kind of took all the crappy things from reality and installed them in the latter part of the game. Were life hits you like a freight train.

In all, I heard there will be DLC explaining some things. And the game can stand on its own, however all the games mentioned on this thread are better then FFXV. The best part is the world exploration, and dungeon crawling, some things and places you can only access after you beat the game, most of the harder content is in the after game.

As far as RPGs go, or JRPGs, it hit all the bullzyes on everything game play, exploration, game and gameplay mechanics, but kind of a lackluster story. And besides the main 4 buddie characters everybody else is kind of a one episode character, that pops in at one time, says a one liner, then is gone. Sometimes it just seems like there filler material.

But plenty of games on the PS4, and yes I would also recommend FFXV, its a good game, just kind of a sad and not as great game as the others mentioned on this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join