It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-‘Apprentice’ producer: Reality TV ‘scam’ turned ‘buffoon’ Trump into a world leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

“‘The Apprentice’ was a scam put forth to the public in exchange for ratings,” Pruitt said. “We were ‘entertaining,’ and the story about Donald Trump and his stature fell into some bizarre public record as ‘truth.'”

“We are masterful storytellers and we did our job well,” Pruitt said. “What’s shocking to me is how quickly and decisively the world bought it. Did we think this clown, this buffoon with the funny hair, would ever become a world leader? Not once. Ever.”

LINK

I think Trump won the election based mostly on his campaigning. If he hadn't been famous before the election started, he wouldn't have had any chance to win. I don't think I can agree with the view expressed above completely. The Apprentice made Trump more famous, but he was already very famous before the show started.

I have never seen an episode of the show. Have you ever watched the show? If you did, how did it change your view of Trump?

I find it hard to believe that a TV show decided a presidential election, but almost anything seems possible these days.
edit on 22-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Trump was a big name before the TV show *cough* Alan Sugar is better *cough cough*, a few less people would know him if it wasnt around but not everyone who voted for him would have watched it.

If Bill wasnt president in the 90's would Hillary be a house hold name? Or would she just be another in the crowed face?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Of course the producer would believe his show was the reason Trump got elected.

I've never watched it either, but we've heard enough nonsense from producers in Hollywood to know a good number of them are self aggrandizing egomaniacs.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
At least he ain't Clinton

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

just my apolitical musings-but calling your work a scam strikes me as career suicide
edit on 22-12-2016 by ignorant_ape because: gotta get it on one line

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
A Hollywood insider that doesnt like the fact that Trump is President?
Get outta town.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Have you ever watched the show?

No, other than a minute or so while flipping through channels, but didn't the show divest itself of Trump once he became a deplorable...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Are there people who actually believe Reality T.V. is real? I only watched part of one episode. I was flipping channels and the intoxicating voice of Trace Adkins sucked me in for about 30 mins. I don't even recall seeing Trump.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

" self aggrandizing egomaniacs"

and, trump isn't? LOLOLOL

a LOT of people watched the show, people love their reality tv.
edit on 22-12-2016 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join