It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans voted for HRC than any other losing presidential candidate in US history

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Indigo5

Other math that is relevant is that just two electors defected from Trump to vote for someone else, whereas twice as many deflected from Clinton and voted for someone else.

those defectors were clear and public in their reasoning, that since Clinton would lose regardless, they could sacrifice the vote to make a protest statement. If those votes were necessary or "relevant" to denying Trump the nomination they would not have defected.

Truth...both factually and intellectually used to be valued around here.

Trump supporters don't need to care about the pointless numbers in the OP because they don't matter one bit concerning the official presidential vote count.

No they don't "need" to...but they do.

Most so...Trump himself with the repeated..."If I wanted to win the electoral college I would have...." tweets.

Or his "fake news" tweets of winning the electoral college in a "landslide"...which is also factually false by every measure.

What does that say about our future President? That despite winning his vanity remains dangerously vulnerable?

And for the record, I'm not a big fan of Trump, I didn't vote for him, but I am glad that he beat out Clinton. I'd rather get stabbed by a 2-inch blade than a 12-inch blade, but if it were up to me, we shouldn't have gotten stabbed at all.

I am not different than you, but disagree on blade length.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hilary lost. move on. Everyone going on about this "popular vote" nonsense.

Trump is a failed business man? His net worth is over $3 bil. Just because someone bankrupts some of their companies does not mean they are a failure. You win some, you lose some. Overall he won more than lost.

No I am not a Trump supporter, and no I am not a Hillary supporter.

I remember when this website used to have interesting topics, now it's all political garbage.

I still find it a little entertaining that people actually think it matters who our president is. No matter who won, the outcome is still the same. The agenda is still the same. Nothing would have changed. Same shh different flies.
edit on 22-12-2016 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

No flame from me. However...while interesting, it means nothing. The election is based upon electoral votes (and for a good reason) and not popular. You might as well say that more people with freckles voted for Clinton...it means just as much.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Is ok. I hear Donald will award her a participation award and crying rooms in every city

edit on CSTThupm4461 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on CSTThupm4461 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
I have read articles and watched interviews with Brad Parscale, Trumps Digital Campaign manager explain very plainly how they targeted exact districts with laser focused "messages" in PA, WI and MI.
/snip
Brad Parscale...He was a no name guy in TX that ran a few websites for Trump's businesses and was a friend of Trump's sons. He took a shot at the digital strategy for Trump when the campaign began and ended up being a genius in digital strategy...he is one of the big reasons Trump won...It is fascinating when you look at what he did..it is worth googling if those things interest you.

Didn't know about Parscale. Thanks for the tip. Is he just a back room web site guy, or a Big Data analyst? I've begun hearing Big Data mentioned more frequently but haven't noodled around to learn more about its use, application, etc.

I can't find logical reasons to extend that to the rest of Trumps campaign, cabinet etc. Parscale knows how to lever insights and data...and frankly...what lies to tell to specific "Micro-Targeted" groups...that doesn't translate to macro-economics...Parscale can help get things done in National Policy..but he doesn't decide WHAT to get done...and his involvement was chance..not careful selection by Trump.

Yeah, I'll give you that, too. Wishful thinking on my part. I was hoping the strategy was an Axelrod-esque type operative whose counsel would remain available to Trump. It has been such a tough eight years for myself and both my adult sons that I really want to believe a college kid with a business degree isn't going to earn $13/hour forever.

It feels like business owners big and small held their breath for 16 mos. and on November 9 the U.S. business community experienced a long, cleansing exhale. Wouldn't have mattered either way who won--the exhale was about it finally being over. Although I do have business owners saying to me that they feel hopeful. I didn't hear that eight years ago when Hope and Change propelled another candidate into office with big expectations of a nation.

Wait... a non-profit political arm... errrr, foundation? Huh? Oh, you mean a SuperPAC?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Is ok. I hear Donald will award her a participation award and crying rooms in every city

You know what would clear all of this up...neither candidate should have a VP nomination and the loser becomes VP. It would keep them from being too nasty to each other, force them to work together and give both parties a feeling like they have a say.

Sure this would never work, but it sure would be interesting!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

You know what would clear all of this up...neither candidate should have a VP nomination and the loser becomes VP. It would keep them from being too nasty to each other, force them to work together and give both parties a feeling like they have a say.

Stop trying to be logical. BRING BACK CELEBRITY DEATH MATCH!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Sure they were real votes?

edit on 22-12-2016 by ThingsThatDontMakeSense because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Parscale was just a back room web guy, but he turned big data during the trump campaign and ended up being a bit of natural genius in the space. I think he also benefited from inexperience...a fresh look at data and digital in a presidential campaign..and he also benefited from not having enough of a budget..it forced him to microtarget in states and think about precision vs just blanketing them in TV ads. They were advertising directly to FB profiles in specific voting districts they needed to flip and customizing messaging for each of those micro targets.

As to your adult sons. The job market will not improve much from here. We are already low unemployment, they need to have something special beyond a general business degree..a speciality..a hook that pops on the resume for whatever field they want into. Maybe a couple online classes..courses? I own a recruiting firm along with a couple other businesses.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Back in the old days, it was said the feud between Jefferson and
Adams never ended until the term of office was over. When it was,
they were also said to have become fast friends, and for their lives.
I wonder how that works when Hil and Don ALREADY were friends?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

...and you need to learn, and remember, that total votes are utterly without meaning in the context of a Presidential election.

Only the popular vote within each state/territory counts for the selection of electoral college votes. In that? Trump defeated she who I shall never name again... Count 'em up for yourself. She lost. Move on...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Sure they were real votes?

You boys need new material...

Reality and facts last...BS evaporates likes burps in the wind...

Reality and facts, like Russia influencing the election? Your camp needs new material.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

...and who, pray, was more qualified...supposedly?

It surely wasn't she who I shall never name again. Or Johnson, or Stein... Or even the guy I voted for, though I thought he might do a better job...but it matters not in the slightest.

Trump is, for better or for worse, the soon to be President of these supposedly United States.

Y'all really need to move on.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Parscale hired about 100 workers for the campaign. I remember reading that a group of GOP pollsters went deeper when contacting potential voters. Instead of saying thank you and hanging up if a person had not voted recently, they would give a message to voters who could vote in 2016 but had missed, say, the past two elections.

Besides getting out the vote, Parscale apparently also engaged in depressing voter turnout.

The animation will be delivered to certain African American voters through Facebook “dark posts”—nonpublic posts whose viewership the campaign controls so that, as Parscale puts it, “only the people we want to see it, see it.” The aim is to depress Clinton’s vote total. “We know because we’ve modeled this,” says the official. “It will dramatically affect her ability to turn these people out.”

The Trump team’s effort to discourage young women by rolling out Clinton accusers and drive down black turnout in Miami’s Little Haiti neighborhood with targeted messages about the Clinton Foundation’s controversial operations in Haiti is an odd gambit. Campaigns spend millions on data science to understand their own potential supporters—to whom they’re likely already credible messengers—but here Trump is speaking to his opponent’s.

Inside the Trump Bunker, With Days to Go

Politics is dirty, nasty business. Like the old saying, "If you can't win, cheat".

Some people believe that a politician wins by being virtuous, but many times it's because they're venal.
edit on 22-12-2016 by desert because: add bold

(post by bitcoinforever removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Anything I need to "learn" you are incapable of teaching.

I have no interest in what you believe has meaning.

Please explain to me why Trump and his supporters feel the need to desperately lie and claim millions of illegals voted and that is why they lost the popular vote???

Cuz obviously it matters...to them..

Save the "move on" BS...anyone that went on about bat# crazy stories about black agendas, fist bumps and born in Kenya stuff for years and years..the President Elect included...has lost the right to tell anyone to move on.

May trump find himself impeached in the very near future....
edit on 22-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

I still find it a little entertaining that people actually think it matters who our president is. No matter who won, the outcome is still the same. The agenda is still the same. Nothing would have changed. Same shh different flies.

Well i dunno we do get to argue about who the person is at the helm so to speak so at least that changes

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

a reply to: seagull

Anything I need to "learn" you are incapable of teaching.

May trump find himself impeached in the very near future....

Well then he would find himself in the company of none other than Bill Clinton....Hillary's husband....the second of only two Presidents in history to have ever been impeached...

So...are we going to go for the 100% known sexist, Bill Clinton, to be literally back in the WH...with a former SoS that claimed she didn't know what the classification symbols were, and was literally the ONLY candidate in the history of elections to be under federal investigation for multiple crimes?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Wow, you are touchy, aren't you?

You'll notice I didn't offer. Said you should learn. Actually you should have learned long ago...it's not too late.

Trump supporter...? Meh, not really. I didn't vote for the guy, but since he's the one going to be in the big chair, I'm going to wish him well. You're not required to, you can continue on as you will.

As for the Kenya thing? Anyone with half a brain knew that was a bunch of hooha. I wished him well, until he proved he wasn't up to the task, then I wanted a replacement...didn't get one. I fussed for a while, then got over it, though I will admit to the occasional moments of head shaking, and "What the **** is he doing?" moments...often times aimed at Congress at the same instance.

Nahh...move on is very applicable. Try it.
edit on 12/23/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join