It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Christian Lobby Headquarters Rammed By Van Filled With Gas Bottles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Looks like the Christians in Australia better start taking additional precautions.

www.abc.net.au...

A van filled with gas bottles has exploded after it rammed into the headquarters of the Australian Christian Lobby (ACL) in what the managing director has called an "attack on free speech".

ACL managing director Lyle Shelton tweeted the incident last night, saying a vehicle had rammed its office in Canberra just after 9:30pm.

Mr Shelton added that staff were safe, and photos he shared showed a burnt-out van in the car park near the building's entrance.

More information at the links:

www.canberratimes.com.au...
edi t on 21-12-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Would not be surprised if a half dozen to dozen countries get attacked in the next few days
edit on 21-12-2016 by khnum because: syntax

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I just hope there isn't a mass event on Christmas Day.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So they have the guy in custody but dont mention his name?

That is very curious, Aussie media usually dont censor or leave that stuff out.

Based on that fact and nothing else Im going to guess his name is something like Muhammad or Abdul

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I don't think so, the car bombing happened at night when nobody would be working. Considering what the ACL is and what they lobby for I would lean more to this being a political statement by someone on the left and not a terrorist attack.
edit on 21-12-2016 by KungfuStu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

And the haters get hated...

Yawn...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Yawn...

Ahhh yes condoning acts of violence. You should change your avatar

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Yawn...

Ahhh yes condoning acts of violence. You should change your avatar

Not that I don't appreciate your opinion on my avatar, but where, exactly, do you see me 'condoning' anything.
I merely voiced the balance that I see.
I don't particularly 'care' one way or the other!
Violence is a feature of Reality, the same Reality in which we all live, whether in denial or not.
And we all die at exactly the perfect moment, just as like every other moment in this perfectly balanced Universe, whether it disturbs your delicate sensitivities, or not..

"Sometimes we get what we want, but we ALWAYS get EXACTLY what we need!" - Zen Kahuna

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The ACL over here is very much against homosexuality
The haters are going to get hate
It's the ACLs fault for alienating homosexuals

Nothing to do with Islam at all

Serves them right, political arm of christians, should not be doing what they are doing

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Yawn...

Exactly who are the haters being hated?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Yawn...

I'd take a stab in the dark and say that the ACL are the haters and they are being hated by the people who drove a van load of gas into their HQ?

It doesn't seem hard to figure out...

edit on 22/12/16 by djz3ro because: I misread 'Gas'...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Yawn...

I'll take the bait;
Exactly 'Xtians'.
(doesn't mean that there aren't others...)
There is a plethora of hate emanating from self-described Xtians.
History is replete with their hateful actions imposed on others, from the decimation of indigenous people's cultures to the Holocaust to opposing equal rights to harassing and bullying the gays...
The evidence is vast and undeniable.
Now some of that comes back.
Big surprise?

We all get exactly what we need.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Why don't you just say it out loud and clear. They are christians and therefore haters by default..

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Why don't you just say it out loud and clear. They are christians and therefore haters by default..

Perhaps I was talking to fast; the vast majority of Xtians, in my experience, are haters.
Are you not even commanded to 'hate' in the bible?
Many times...

Well, it all comes back atcha, at times.

"Sometimes we get what we want, but we ALWAYS get exactly what we need!"

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Right...

So how about islam

For being gay "Death is the sentence" "Out of compasion for homosexuals , lets get rid of them, death is the sentence" This guy speaks around the U.S btw

In the middle east gay people are being killed by islam every single day so that proves its ok and acceptable there. How many christian pastors do you see doing that?

By and large more hate comes from islam towards any LGB or QT, they are executed over there on a daily basis. If you are so worried about them then maybe you should start there, where their lives are actually in danger. Maybe after that you can make time to worry about "Xtians" (It is spelled Christians (lol)) opinions.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 23 Dec 2016 01:50:47 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: fixed YT link

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Right...

Translate; Ok, so I agree with you, but...

So how about islam

Pointing in another direction does not alleviate the special onus on Xtians not to hate!
To be fair, though, I have seen plenty of hatefulness issuing from Islam, but I have more experience with Xtianity.
It's been around longer.

For being gay "Death is the sentence" "Out of compasion for homosexuals , lets get rid of them, death is the sentence" This guy speaks around the U.S btw

In the middle east gay people are being killed by islam every single day so that proves its ok and acceptable there. How many christian pastors do you see doing that?

Despite your fallacious logic, I feel it now necessary to point out that almost every single homophobic assault and murder, in the history of the USA, was committed by a 'Xtian'!

By and large more hate comes from islam towards any LGB or QT, they are executed over there on a daily basis.

I think history, and the news, proves you are wrong.

If you are so worried about them then maybe you should start there, where their lives are actually in danger.

I'm sorry if the shoe fits, but that is your problem.
Your knowledge of US history (and the news) is woefully lacking, but of course our 'beliefs' need to be fed;

"Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true." - Demosthenes

As is that of which each is in denial.

Maybe after that you can make time to worry about "Xtians" (It is spelled Christians (lol)) opinions.

'Xtian' is spelled however I spell it!
It can be however you spell it, also.
Why are Xtians such fascists?
Or are fascists not really Xtians?

edit on 24-12-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Thank you for that expose, you just lost the entire argument with that post and you don't even realize it.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This wasn't an attack. It was an accident.

Accidents sometimes happen. Not everything is a terrorist attack.

Apparently these people want to make something political about it though so they can play the persecuted Christian Card.

The driver isn't in custody. They are just treating him at the hospital.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

given that there were about 11 major islamic terrorist attacks in europe in the last 2 years i find it more then reasonable for people to think it when something like this occurs. Wise to do so even.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

People can "think" whatever they want but that doesn't mean what people "think" is what factually happened.

According to the articles provided it's written right in the report. They said it had no links to terrorism or Religion or Politics or anything.

The people who are creating that story from their imaginations and fear are pushing that story to the contrary of everything else.

Maybe that will change later on but from what is given for evidence so far isn't saying that at all. It shouldn't be reported here as something other than it shows. There is no evidence for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join