It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with psychology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hello, im doing research into the field of psychology, and i am interested in a person who has an doctor’s or master’s degrees for Q&A in PM.

Thank you

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I may be nuts, a little Psycho. Does first hand knowledge make me qualified>

I'm feeling I won't get a response to this.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I have some basics, but not a PhD nor a Master degree though.

edit on 17-12-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I have a Master's degree but wouldn't consider myself an expert or anything. I might be able answer questions on memory etc...

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I may be nuts, a little Psycho. Does first hand knowledge make me qualified>

I'm feeling I won't get a response to this.

I'll second that,

Here, here!

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau

specialty area?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Well I work with people with dementia/mild cognitive impairment at the moment, did a dissertation on alcoholic brain injury so I guess I have some knowledge of memory, the brain etc.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Ive had a shed load of CBT counselling and various therapy's and 1to1 psychologist time so if you want any info on the receiving end let me know

Ive since done a lot of research into why and how it helped me, since i thought i was a lost cause. Id be interested to know what your interest is. The main focus of my own study is the disease of addiction.

edit on b3636419 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
Hello, im doing research into the field of psychology, and i am interested in a person who has an doctor’s or master’s degrees for Q&A in PM.

Thank you

Bumped for intent. If you wish to enter the field, the
first research effort on your part should be the reason the
Document Committee of the APA rebranded itself to the
DSM Task Force. It's one of the ten most intriguing rabbit
holes of the last century... and a great indication of sanity.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What do you want to know?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Do you think dementia/mild cognitive impairment is because of an external factor or internal?

What do you think is the cause for people with an addiction? Would be glad if you keep the terms medical

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

How long were you in CBT?

What did you come up with conclusion in your research?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Biigs

How long were you in CBT?

What did you come up with conclusion in your research?

Click on the second link in my bio [the cults thing]. Ive done a lot of research that ties in with some pretty strange stuff. have a look and mail me if you want anything expanded on as that thread is a bit of a rantfest.

o7

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Mild Cognitive Impairment is complicated as it isn't a disease, just a noticeable decline in cognitive performance that could be down to anxiety, low mood, lifestyle (sleep, diet etc) - so definitely external.

With dementia, there are no official causes, but many agreed risk factors, and they may depend on the type. Alzheimer's Disease is caused by build up in the brain of amyloid-beta and hyper-phosphorylation of tau protein. There may a genetic link, as some families seem more susceptible than others, and there are a small number of people who appear to be immune. Other research has suggested lack of stimulation of the brain (perhaps lack of activity, including social, after retirement) and even feelings of loneliness may predict onset. Truth is no-one knows for sure.

Vascular dementia relates to weaker blood vessels in the brain and so risk factors and preventative measures focus more on what is good for the heart. Poor lifestyle choices, cigarettes, alcohol, and lack of exercise may be seen as enhancing the risk. Strokes, mini-strokes are seen as major risk factors however.

The addiction question is a massive one - in short when we experience something we enjoy it activates the reward pathways of the brain (dopeminergic activation in limbic regions and pre-frontal cortex). Frequent exposure to something rewarding (success, drugs etc) strengthens the connections of those pathways (neural plasticity). This process ensures that more exposure is required on future occasions to obtain the desired effect. More info

Individual differences play a huge role in psychology, so what leads one person to become addicted whilst another may not depends on the interaction of situational/social factors that are affecting them, and dispositional factors such as stress.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

the pre frontal cortex, can it alter to any addiction?

Edit; If the base is any of the primary needs?
edit on 20161217 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

the pre frontal cortex, can it alter to any addiction?

Edit; If the base is any of the primary needs?

The pre frontal is your logic and information, thought process. The mid brain is your emotional center and the back of the brain by the stem is the reptilian brain this is your fight flight or freeze center the core animal instinct.

CBT is about you controlling the frontal cortex and managing the mid brain. When stressed or high or Adrenalin is being pumped around your body, your brains ability to communicate between frontal mid and reptilian sectors is severely reduced meaning that the emotional and animal instincts are much more likely to influence your actions.

EDIT: just thought of a great example. Why do some people run away from a bull thats charging but a bull fighter steps to the side? Because the bullfighter has trained his frontal cortex to keep control where an untrained persons adrenaline (panic and stress) causes their brain to go on lock down and they fight (not a good idea vs a bull) freeze (also not a great idea against a charging bull) or to fly (run the F away!).

edit on b1515629 by Biigs because: added the edit

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I think i found the answer..

However i have another question;
DAT and MPH if lacking DRD4, what happens to EP?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Do you have a degree?

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I think i found the answer..

However i have another question;
DAT and MPH if lacking DRD4, what happens to EP?

EP is in Chassell, that is my old Fraternity house.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

PM'd.
edit on 19-12-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join