It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Cigar UFO Near The Orion Nebula, Captured By Telescope 9.25

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
So I looked through ATS search function and haven't seen this posted on here...not sure if this is old news, but this was published on Dec. 11 on YT and then published as an article on Dec. 15, 2016 about a large cigar shaped UFO planted right in the middle of the Orion's nebula.

Here is a Link for the article that I first came across before I decided to check it to see if there was a YT clip of it.

Within the dust cloud is an odd dark, more solid-looking object they have described as a cigar-shaped UFO.

Scott C waring, editor of ufosightingsdaily.com was amazed by the discovery.

He blogged: "This UFO was reported by UFOmni2012 of Youtube and may be one of the largest UFOs we have reported in a while.

"How big exactly? If you lined up Earth 100 times then you would have a good start.

So I am not sure how easy it would be to photoshop something into a picture like this and zoom in. But let's say if this was a true and rare find, what more is there for us to find in the deepest part of space? Unlimited I would assume.

We have had Cigar-shaped UFO "sightings" here on Earth, but how credible are these sightings? I guess when the day comes for 100% irrefutable proof that these objects do exist...who are the operators of these crafts will be the next big question.

Cheers ATS

edit on 15-12-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Due to focusing on the subject, I wonder how far away that object has to be to show up like that?
Could it only be say 30 miles up and caught in the view of the camara?
Or does it have to be 1,300 light years away?

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

This zoom in was caught using 4K imaging...but even then you are right...normally zooming in may blur out pictures.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Or does it have to be 1,300 light years away?

If it was in the actual nebula it would be enormous.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

So is it possible for spaceships to be THAT size? like 100 times the size of Earth? Maybe if this was a star destroyer? Then Michio Kaku's explanation of the "Kardashev Scale" would make it plausible for such a ship to exist:

Kardashev Scale

So maybe looking here at a Type 4 or 5?

Kardashev believed a Type IV civilization was ‘too’ advanced and didn’t go beyond Type III on his scale. He thought that, surely, this would be the extent of any species’ ability. Many think so, but a few believe there is a further level that could be achieved. (I mean, surely there is a limit?) Type IV civilizations would almost be able to harness the energy content of the entire universe and with that, they could traverse the accelerating expansion of space (furthermore, advance races of these species may live inside supermassive black holes). To previous methods of generating energy, these kinds of feats are considered impossible. A Type IV civilization would need to tap into energy sources unknown to us using strange, or currently unknown, laws of physics.

Type V. Yes, Type V might just be the next possible advancement to such a civilization. Here beings would be like gods, having the knowledge to manipulate the universe as they please. Now, as I said, humans are a very, very long way from ever reaching anything like this. But it’s not to say that it cannot be achieved as long as we take care of Earth and each other. To do so, the first step is to preserve our tiny home, extinguish war, and continue to support scientific advances and discoveries.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Here's the original HQ image from 2006.
hubblesite.org...

Should anyone wish to find it themselves.

edit on 15-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

no time or right asscencion/ declination given for the sighting-therefore utterly worthless-next

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

that was a cool read. ive not heard of that scale before.
pretty cool

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This exact picture was highlighted during the Hubble 25th anniversary special (probably on YouTube now). It is explained by NASA as a young solar system with a central star and a dust disk around it. There are several of these in the high-def Orion photo from NASA.

Now, if you want to see something strange from that same picture then check out this apparently open slot in the universe. Note how the dust from the nebula is IN FRONT of the slot:

For those interested, this is centered around pixels 4817,10682 in the NASA high-def image.

edit on 15-12-2016 by bluesjr because: Added coordinates for the curious

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It looks like it is in the actual nebula, and not super different from some of the other areas ... in that it looks as if a newly formed star might be peeking out from within a small dust disk. Nice UFO ... but not so much looking to be aliens. Nevertheless I love this stuff!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

hubblesite.org...

I downloaded the 1800x1800 tiff file, viewed the tiff at original pixel size and lo and behold, there the object is, slap bang in the middle of the image. Easy, really.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Those are protoplanetary disks -- i.e., infant solar systems in the process of formation.

The Hubble telescope has imaged several of these protoplanetary disks, and a few of them in the Orion Nebula. Here are two pages from the Hubble website about these infant solar systems:

Link to Hubble Webpage Shown Above

Link to Hubble Webpage Shown Above

edit on 2016-12-15 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

hubblesite.org...

Yes, and I do believe there are other bone shaped examples in that same picture, possibly material being influenced in star making, or from a star already formed.
Alternatively, it's God's footsole as seen from below,,,but it ain't no cigar.
edit on 15-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If it was in fact near that constellation it would be light years across in size. I'm going with nope!

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
If it was in fact near that constellation it would be light years across in size. I'm going with nope!

This disk-shaped solar system that is in the process of forming is just a small part of the Orion Nebula, and the Orion Nebula is just a small part of the Constellation of Orion:

[Sources for images]
apod.nasa.gov...
sevenastronomy.blogspot.com...

The Orion Nebula actually sports a few of these protoplanetary disks:

Source:
wisp.physics.wisc.edu...

...but yeah -- the protoplanetary disk in the OP's image is big. This article on the Hubble Telescope website says it is 17 times larger than our own solar system:
hubblesite.org...

edit on 2016-12-15 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Case solved...just shows what a little digging and attention to details can do.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

lets hickjack the thread and focus on this post shall we

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: bluesjr

lets hickjack the thread and focus on this post shall we

Not sure if your comment is positive or negative, I'm thinking positive. I had no intention of hijacking the thread, just the slot is in the same Hubble picture.

Perhaps I should start a new thread about that slot because it has been perplexing me for some time now. I've had that Orion nebula picture as my PC background pic for at least a year now.

Do you agree that there is nebula dust in front of that slot? That's what bugs me the most, otherwise I'd write it off as a camera artifact.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

hubblesite.org...

I downloaded the 1800x1800 tiff file, viewed the tiff at original pixel size and lo and behold, there the object is, slap bang in the middle of the image. Easy, really.

Good , I wasn't saying that it wasn't there just supplying the original image for those interested.
I have seen the "UFO" before , didn't think it was ET then either , not surprised Scott did though.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

That makes a lot of sense in how the OP picture can be skewed to make us think it is a UFO when most likely it is a new star w/disk-like cloud around it. Turn the picture a little side-ways and it looks like Saturn vs a cigar shaped UFO

top topics

<<   2 >>

join