It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Essentially Trump is replacing lawyer politicians with highly successful businessmen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It really is a coup. He really is in large part draining the swamp of lawyers. Most of the people in cabinet positions and even the Presidency have been lawyers.

The lawyer politicians are mad as hell about it and so are their bought and paid for MSM talking heads. The lawyers have infested our Government in every corner.

I am very hopeful these highly successful and intelligent men will do much better for the US than the lawyers have.

Even Hillary is a disbarred lawyer.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

It may actually work out for the best, in US economic term's, the poor may not immediately benefit but in the medium to long term this will probably trickle down to them in the form of more stable economy and more job' prospect's, if these men run the country like they did there company's and with the intent of growing the economy like they did there company's holding's then it can only become a win win scenario for the US people.

If however they merely use the opportunity to further line there own pocket's like all politician's these day's than it will hardly change at all as let's be fair he can be no worse than the immediate several president's before him though I do believe Obama meant well even if he was a failure ultimately.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I am very excited to have high-functioning business oriented people in charge for a change. Before all we had was politicians and city planners.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
One of the biggest reasons trump is successful is that he surrounds himself with smart people. I had hoped he wouldn't fall into the trap of placing good ole boy politicians in these positions. So far so good.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Lawmakers and lawyers go hand in hand. You literally have one profession that decides and writes the rules, while the other profession learns and applies them. So it makes sense to choose lawyers to help craft new laws, since they may know the existing laws better than the lawmakers themselves.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The big difference between Trump's picks and the former career politician cabinets is - Trump's people have real life experience. They understand how the real world works. Even the politicians he is choosing seem to have recent real life experience as compared to career/lifer politicians. The generals also have been around the world, right in the heart of the action, and they know what is really going on beyond the walls of Senate.

I think that many career politicians live in a bubble. All they know is what happens in their little circle and what they are told by MSM.

This new cabinet knows how to get things done in the real world. They know what we need.

I am hopeful for the future.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
He's not draining any swamp, he's adding to it. Not much if anything is going to change except for foreign policy and a few other Trumpian moves.

New boss, same as the old boss.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Lol you think businessmen are better than lawyers?

Do you still leave cookies and milk for Santa by chance?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Are you serious? lol that's the best you can come up with, huh?

"They are real people!"

This is just pathetic

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

How can he drain it now? He isn't even the President yet. We will have to wait and see what happens.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Every person Trump has selected has surprised people.

To me, they all seem to be on point in their professions. They are all highly respected for their own traits.

Looks like a leader!!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Udntknowjack

Lol you think businessmen are better than lawyers?
k

The mockery statement.

At running a company. Yes they are far better than lawyers. I believe what you meant was are they more honest than lawyers. Some yes. Some no.

Do you still leave cookies and milk for Santa by chance?

The question of your intelligence statement.

If he has kids that believe in Santa maybe he does. Leaving cookies for Santa would be very intelligent if the OP wanted a cookie.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
His main problem with draining the swamp is that the creatures in it don't want to go. If the people don't vote these deadbeats out then it's on us not Trump.

Fax, phone and email them. Put 'em on notice.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Udntknowjack
a reply to: BlueAjah

Are you serious? lol that's the best you can come up with, huh?

"They are real people!"

This is just pathetic

What else would she need to come up with. All the guys are very successful. Are they not? Lawyers know the law. Businessmen know how to use that same law to make money. Why not have a discussion about it without the insults. You may be able to convince someone that you might have something constructive to add to the thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Explain to me why a surgeon will be the secretary of housing and urban development?

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

The post I replied to literally had no substance to it lol the irony

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
His main problem with draining the swamp is that the creatures in it don't want to go. If the people don't vote these deadbeats out then it's on us not Trump.

Fax, phone and email them. Put 'em on notice.

I agree 100%. Obama failed at bringing our government together. Will Trump bring them together? I hope so. If you want change you have to be involved.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Even if they are not respected in their fields, they are very successful in their fields.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Udntknowjack

I've been researching Trump's picks for his cabinet, most of which I'd never heard of. The thing that has stood out the most to me is the fact that they actually know wtf they are doing.

posted on Dec, 13 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Lawmakers and lawyers go hand in hand. You literally have one profession that decides and writes the rules, while the other profession learns and applies them. So it makes sense to choose lawyers to help craft new laws, since they may know the existing laws better than the lawmakers themselves.

It's good to have a mix of the two. I'm withholding judgment on Trumps cabinet for now. Several times in history however, we've benefited from having a few non lawyers mixed in with the bunch. Benjamin Franklin is a good example, he approached problems from a different angle than the lawyers, and he had valuable insight as a result.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join