It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK government adds National Action to list of proscribed orgs.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: SprocketUK

That's messed up.

You know... I see people here at ATS from the UK and how they're always saying how messed up things are here in America and how stupid we were to vote Trump in to office.

...then I see stories like this and it reminds me of just how thankful I am to live in the US and not there in the UK. I believe people who are acting like a bunch of 3 year olds in the US who think their $#@^ don't stink and their opinions are gold, should consider this as well. The fact that we have the right to say and display what and how we want (for the most part) without hindrance shows that we are more free than the world around us. Also based on the story here, it makes me feel that we're better off than the rest of the world.

Your story is appalling. It's the simple freedoms that are stripped away from you that often feels most important.

Do you think publicly declaring allegiance to a group that openly advocates violence on others based on the colour of their skin, their politics or their religion is a good thing then and should be encouraged?

I'm fairly sure the 1st amendment doesn't cover direct incitement for violence at individuals - does it?

I'd like to see your source for the allegation that they promote violence in pursuit of their political ambitions...

TrueBrit has put this more eloquently than I could without effectively repeating his words.

Thanks for confirming you lacked any evidence and were merely regurgitating the party line.
I bet you google the hell out of them to find a commitment to violent disorder before replying

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well having looked into NA, I can find hardly anything (read: nothing) linking them to "organised terrorism".

I think they're abhorrent.
But I'm confused as to this ruling.

It also comes in the same week where anti Semitism is being redefined, to criminalise language.
www.google.co.uk...

He said that holding Jewish people "accountable for what's happening in Israel" was one example.

Yes because clearly it's the Druid's fault what's happening in the Terror State of Israel.

Not a great week for free speech in the U.K.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

That's messed up.

You know... I see people here at ATS from the UK and how they're always saying how messed up things are here in America and how stupid we were to vote Trump in to office.

...then I see stories like this and it reminds me of just how thankful I am to live in the US and not there in the UK. I believe people who are acting like a bunch of 3 year olds in the US who think their $#@^ don't stink and their opinions are gold, should consider this as well. The fact that we have the right to say and display what and how we want (for the most part) without hindrance shows that we are more free than the world around us. Also based on the story here, it makes me feel that we're better off than the rest of the world.

Your story is appalling. It's the simple freedoms that are stripped away from you that often feels most important.

Do you think publicly declaring allegiance to a group that openly advocates violence on others based on the colour of their skin, their politics or their religion is a good thing then and should be encouraged?

I'm fairly sure the 1st amendment doesn't cover direct incitement for violence at individuals - does it?

I'd like to see your source for the allegation that they promote violence in pursuit of their political ambitions...

TrueBrit has put this more eloquently than I could without effectively repeating his words.

Thanks for confirming you lacked any evidence and were merely regurgitating the party line.
I bet you google the hell out of them to find a commitment to violent disorder before replying

Thanks for your response. I bet you google anything you can around nationalist right wing groups that advocate and glorify violence against ethnic minorities. What a difference a referendum makes.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I'm a Muslim and I've found nothing to suggest they glorify organised violence in their name.

They say some disgusting things. But that's life.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: uncommitted

I'm a Muslim and I've found nothing to suggest they glorify organised violence in their name.

They say some disgusting things. But that's life.

In fairness, I didn't use the word 'organised' even a bunch of low lifes would be incredibly stupid to do so in an open forum.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Yeah, sure. They train people to assault those who counter protest when they do a hate rally, call it self defence. That's a great bit of loopholery on thier part, but bunkum all the same.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

To be fair to Jews, there are LOADS of people who protest the behaviour of the Israeli government, toward the people of Palestine, who also happen to be Jewish. Not a handful, but a great many.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Possibly worth considering the notion that some of us UK citizens are well aware that our crap stinks also and understand the draconian Orwellian nightmare the UK has become but just did not want our American cousins across the pond to end up experiencing the same ordeal.

Trump will happy help along and implement the same, similar, or even worse draconian censorship policy given half the chance, just wait and see.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Our country, our rules.

You don't have to like it.

An awful lot of people died in WW2 fighting the Nazi's and their abhorrent beliefs. Anyone who drops a Nazi salute in the street in the UK deserves what they get.

'Nuff said.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I too believe in freedom of Speech but have to say that this group are merely a bunch of hate mongering small brained idiot's feeding on growing public anger over decade's of unregulated immigration.
They do DESERVE to be on an extremist watch list but not top of the pile as head of the current leader board of extremist group's in the UK as they have been placed especially since there are plenty of other sources currently far more appropriate for that position such as extremist Wahhabi inspired group's inside the UK.

Be of no doubt however these men are evil and will kill if they ever gain the power to do so, Hitler and his death camp's are idolized by scum bag's like these people and ANYONE not of there opinion or shared political ideology and belief is tarred and feathered as sub-human's and communist's in there actual word for word re-use of Nazi propaganda, thankfully though even with growing annoyance in the UK over the run away migration and often most probably there own personal experience of being put at the back of the que while those new migrant's be they eastern European or asylum seekers have been priotized over them (not only here but right across europe) most people in the UK are not of so low an intelligence as to be fooled by there crap and CAN see right through them.

They DO need to be watched because they are Dangerous, they NEED to be prevented from beating up or even killing people as given the chance they will do just that and it will be like the NAZI's of 1930's germany all over again, they are both an ultra extremist group and a potential terroist organization BUT they do not deserve to be placed at the top of the list and it is actually probably stoking there ego's with them likely celebrating the fact that in there eye's they have recieved undeserved recognition and are being taken more seriously then they warrant.

Actually they need to be carted off to mental institution's and psychoanalyzed, perhaps even have there sub human brain's pickled for future study.

edit on 12-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

SPOT ON, I for one would be rather tempted though I am a little too restrained.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Hazardous1408

To be fair to Jews, there are LOADS of people who protest the behaviour of the Israeli government, toward the people of Palestine, who also happen to be Jewish. Not a handful, but a great many.

Yes mate, forgive me I didn't mean to seem like I was "Jew blaming" because I'm one of the vocal here who talks about Breaking The Silence & True Torah Jews, who are Jews that are very outspoken about Israeli policy and I salute them.

I just don't see criminalising it as part of the process.
It's not like Muslims aren't blamed for ISIS now and then. As far as I know that's not illegal.

I'd always go for education before I went for banning/criminalising things.
edit on 12-12-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Too late Cuz

We're swimming in our own waste as of a long time ago.

Though I do understand that no country likes to hear about itself by another. Kind of like saying that no one person likes to be judged by another. Addressing a country is pretty much addressing each person in it as well. We're not exactly proud of the way we're governed or what we have to deal with but we don't like mud being flung at us from across the pond when we have too much of it on this side already. More or less why I stay out of political topics of other countries.

I think the main reason why I responded to this one was because of a recent instance.

I jump from one news source to another at random based on the topics. It's often that I really don't know where the news site is based. It could be in another country and has been often. I just like to read news of random topics and those come from every corner of the planet.

The other day I was reading a specific news article and I was appalled by it. My thought was "That's not possible... How in the hell are we letting this happen? How are they getting away with this!!!".

Then.... I realized it was not something happening in America. It was actually happening in the UK. I don't remember what it was specifically but it really irked me because that just doesn't happen in the US (knowingly) and people to be able to get away with it... We would riot for similar things.

When I hit this article, I thought the same thing at very first. So once I read it, I had to relate with what my feelings would be had it been US based.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I agree with that, actually. But there's a huge difference between Joe Bloggs not putting up with public shows of sympathy for people his grandparents had to beat down, and the government twisting anti terror laws to make life difficult for people belonging to groups of this ilk.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Now I'm conflicted. Lol.
You made your point very well.

Maybe some sort of league table is in order.
At the top you get 22 reg blowing your doors off, down in the relegation zone GCHQ listens to your phone calls and watches what you tweet...
edit on 35pMon, 12 Dec 2016 17:10:35 -060020162016-12-12T17:10:35-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: Idiot phone autocorrelation

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

down in the relegation zone GCHQ listens to your phone calls and watches what you tweet

That's already happening to all of us.

Check out the snoopers charter.
I think there was quite a large thread on that somewhere.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

down in the relegation zone GCHQ listens to your phone calls and watches what you tweet

That's already happening to all of us.

Check out the snoopers charter.
I think there was quite a large thread on that somewhere.

I remember, yeah.
Guess we are all terrorists now.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Us proles can't rise up against IngSoc in any form or manner.
It was only a matter of time mate.

I'll buy you a beer in the gulag.

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Us proles can't rise up against IngSoc in any form or manner.
It was only a matter of time mate.

I'll buy you a beer in the gulag.

Gulag beer! Can't be beat mate!

posted on Dec, 12 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
[Just the mention of beer made me post it twice.
edit on 19pMon, 12 Dec 2016 18:47:19 -060020162016-12-12T18:47:19-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join