It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Had It...They Destroy My Piece and Quiet. I Want Action...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have had it.

They figured out a way to make us look at their dumb commercials on TV.

They now use: This little gem

A loud telephone ringing sound that gets me every time.

They use the email notification sounds.

They use dogs loudly engaging in an alarm bark.

But, worst of all is the doorbell chime. My Corgi goes crazy.

They destroy my peace and quiet.

I'm not for new laws...But, there should be a law.

Dang...
edit on 7-12-2016 by whyamIhere because: Add video

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
The sound on my TV is muted as soon as the commercial break starts.
The only irritation is when I can't find the remote in time.
Mind you, our commercial breaks come at quarter-hour intervals, which makes that policy easier to follow.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Turn off the TV! You will feel better in just days.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins
Turn off the TV! You will feel better in just days.

I'm the only one that watches TV here.

That's probably good advice.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I watch everything on the internet. With ABP I see very few ads. Places like Coke & Popcorn and Primewire will have pop up ads nonetheless, but I just click them closed.

Most ads disappeared for me on You Tube and CNN too.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Greetings-

I type this in a room full of dogs, one who is still a youngun and is ready for any kind of chase/fun/toy/lizard etc. that and I have "Siren Ear" in My left ear and can't hear anything that isn't extremely LOW or extremely HIGH, so where most tv stations once left Me saying "What She say??" I fixed that w/wireless television headphones. I'm currently wearing a pair of Sony that is good for up to 150' which allows "mail-runs" and I'm even able to fish off My deck while I 'watch' Bat Masterson/Wyatt Earp and I'll come inside if I hadn't seen the airing "Cheyenne"

I'm going to score some Sennheisers after Jesus' Naming Day or another set of these. You can watch tv as loud as You want and anyone else won't be able to hear anything. I'll turn the volume up if I leave the older female at home to keep Her company...

Prior to the headphones I had a soundbar and if the tv's volume was increased so was any conversations.. Everything gets LOUD..

Get the headphones and don't look back...

WHAT?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I added up the amount of television I watch each week the other day and it has dwindled down to 2hrs. Haven't had a t.v. in the bedroom in 5 years and when I'm in the main house I always find something better to do. I've found I enjoy reading much more than television and I get to decide when a "comnercial" break happens.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I have had it.

They figured out a way to make us look at their dumb commercials on TV.

They now use:

A loud telephone ringing sound that gets me every time.

They use the email notification sounds.

They use dogs loudly engaging in an alarm bark.

But, worst of all is the doorbell chime. My Corgi goes crazy.

I'm not for new laws...But, there should be a law.

Dang...

My Basset flips out over the door bell chimes.
edit on 07pmWed, 07 Dec 2016 18:39:11 -0600k33912607000000 by darkwingduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Do you normally associate peace and quiet with having the TV on? Call me old fashioned, but when I want some peace and quiet I turn off all sources of noise.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've not watched TV since I was eight and still thought power rangers was good entertainment.

Turn it off- pay attention to the people that still watch it. It's breaking them.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My kid never watches TV.

I tried to put a nice flat screen and she didn't want it.

I liked the headphones idea.

Save this dog from an early grave.

Maybe add a few years to mine.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I've always said consumers should be paid an advertising fee for allowing advertising to come into the privacy of our homes. If a company wanted to advertise in a business or on a billboard they would have to pay a monthly advertising fee. Why should our private homes be any different?

If people wanted to solicit in front of a business they would have to get approval from the owner. If people didn't get approval they would be kicked out or arrested for trespassing!

The same thing goes for junk mail. Why should my private mail box be littered with unsolicited junk mail? Why should we have to take 10-15 minutes out of our day to separate real mail from junk mail?

The same goes for Courtesy calls. Why should businesses have a right to invade the privacy of our homes? It's aggravating!!! People shouldn't have to sign-up to be on no-call lists. Our own representatives solicit us to vote for them using phone recordings. They're supposed to defend our constitutional right to privacy, yet are one of the worst offenders!

I pay for internet and satellite TV service not for a barrage of commercials. I shouldn't be required to have my programing interrupted every 15 minutes by 3 minutes of commercials. Pop-up ads actually interrupt my service and block my content.

Op, I've been disgusted about this for awhile. I even wrote several e-mails to my congressional representative about this, but of course all I received was the same old form letter and their supposed understanding of the issue. Our houses have become huge billboards for corporate America. They solicit in our houses for free. What a deal, and the consumers are once again screwed!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

This might be a rant, but it's still a good indicator of
"They Stole My Joy". Different Internet maven, OCD.
I hear you with an internal sting, believe me.
Rather than give my own rant, I'll take some solace
with hearing something louder and prouder in my past.
Of course, I'm a mostly deaf old WhO fan.
Sometimes a noble echo beats Hell out of a weak tweet.
edit on 7-12-2016 by derfreebie because: Short is sweet.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Cartoons. Watch more cartoon channels . A lot more logical , reasonable than any other show on TV. Less obtrusive commercials and you may actually get to laugh every now and then

"Does anyone remember laughter?" - Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

My kid never watches TV.

I tried to put a nice flat screen and she didn't want it.

I liked the headphones idea.

Save this dog from an early grave.

Maybe add a few years to mine.

I always use headphones now. Since moving into an apartment, the walls are paperthin. Having people walk around upstairs is driving me NUTS. Not really their fault, the building was redone with new wood flooring that is not 'broken in' yet. I block out the conversations from the other apartments and don't make the building listen to 80s music or TWD or Shameless at full volume

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I've always said consumers should be paid an advertising fee for allowing advertising to come into the privacy of our homes. If a company wanted to advertise in a business or on a billboard they would have to pay a monthly advertising fee. Why should our private homes be any different?

If people wanted to solicit in front of a business they would have to get approval from the owner. If people didn't get approval they would be kicked out or arrested for trespassing!

The same thing goes for junk mail. Why should my private mail box be littered with unsolicited junk mail? Why should we have to take 10-15 minutes out of our day to separate real mail from junk mail?

The same goes for Courtesy calls. Why should businesses have a right to invade the privacy of our homes? It's aggravating!!! People shouldn't have to sign-up to be on no-call lists. Our own representatives solicit us to vote for them using phone recordings. They're supposed to defend our constitutional right to privacy, yet are one of the worst offenders!

I pay for internet and satellite TV service not for a barrage of commercials. I shouldn't be required to have my programing interrupted every 15 minutes by 3 minutes of commercials. Pop-up ads actually interrupt my service and block my content.

Op, I've been disgusted about this for awhile. I even wrote several e-mails to my congressional representative about this, but of course all I received was the same old form letter and their supposed understanding of the issue. Our houses have become huge billboards for corporate America. They solicit in our houses for free. What a deal, and the consumers are once again screwed!

Hey!

Hey, you!

All of this.

What the actual duck is wrong with the world that you pay good money to have ads jammed down your throat?
Especially when the ads are specifically engineered to piss off your dog and get you worked up!

I'm glad I don't participate in the societal experiment that is tv these days. It's breaking your mind.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I always use headphones now. Since moving into an apartment, the walls are paperthin. Having people walk around upstairs is driving me NUTS.

It's heartening to hear that not all Americans live in houses the size of a small English village.

Some of us plebs live in these boxes, with people above, below, and at either side. With only some plasterboard between each tenant to create the illusion of privacy.

Living in such straitened circumstances, one learns to make do.

We don't have our TVs on full blast lest our neighbours retaliate with their own noise.

Obviously, we use headphones.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
If you learn to do meditation, you can do it even in the middle of the traffic and you don't feel disturbed by any noise, I meditate many times while waiting for train or in airports etc, ______beforeitsnews/spirit/2016/12/meditation-fast-forward-towards-ascension-2506770.html

Besides it has many more benefits. Watching TV I feel is useless wasting of time anyhow, if I want to see something useful and uplifting I go to net. It is good to try to keep oneself inspired and also that way support positive things.

top topics

join