It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Discrimination Against Black Employees at CNN, TBS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
More trouble for CNN as somebody has filed a lawsuit alleging discrimination !!

Seems Blacks have been passed over for promotions and getting lower score evaluations along with some lower pay.

How ironic for CNN and Turner Broadcasting.

I bet there's plenty of merit to this lawsuit.

Proposed Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Discrimination Against Black Employees at CNN, TBS

A new court filing alleges that Turner employees faced racial discrimination that held them back in their careers and led to at least one former assistant being fired. Roughly two dozen current and former employees of CNN and TBS (both owned by Turner) claim that there is a systematic problem with “discriminatory practices being implemented throughout all of Turner’s Networks [sic],” according to a complaint filed Tuesday evening.

The complaint cites statistics showing that black employees at Turner are promoted at a much lower rate than whites. The lawsuit alleges that this “can only be attributed to the fact that Turner, specifically CNN has implemented formal [emphasis in original] written and unwritten policies and practices regarding promotions[.]” The attorney who filed the complaint, Daniel Meachum, told LawNewz.com that the statistics were gathered by Turner themselves as part of an internal study.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
dum dum dum...... dramatic reverb..

race card +20xp

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
No way!

Prime Time Anchors should be conducting their planned walkout protest any second now...

*crickets*

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Liberals created a Frankenstein with identity politics. It always come back to bite them at some point.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds like Google and Apple...

Google's Board Members
10 white men
3 white women
1 Asian woman
1 Indian man

The 20 people who run Apple
17 white men
2 white women
1 black woman

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Liberals created a Frankenstein with identity politics. It always come back to bite them at some point.

Seems it's ok for them to hire and promote based on merit while they chastise other companies for hiring and/or promoting by merit and experience over skin color.

I swear, everything liberals blame Republicans for, is something they themselves are guilty of doing. From racism to corruption to lies to scandals to bigotry to hate and everything in between. They're guilty of everything they blame on the right.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Ah.........that's rich! CNN's core constituency has turned on them.

I'd just mentioned to my wife that if CNN/FOX/MSNBC don't make some serious changes, one or more of them is going the way of the trash heap. CNN/MSNBC have been in a long fall race to the bottom to see who can get the last in place in the ratings game.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Projection. They believe others care about race only because it is true of them. They often use the term "dog-whistle", for instance, that they use to slander others for apparently speaking in coded racist phrases. But it is only them who immediately connect the phrase to racist thoughts.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

They are too busy promoting gays.

Blacks are so last year.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Blacks are so last year.

Sadly, the black community hasn't figured this out. Gays, Unions, Muslims, Illegal Immigrants, Environmentalist, and every other grievance group has taken priority over the black community. However, this is to be expected when you devote 90% of your vote blindly to the party and don't expect anything in return but lip service.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Irony? Karma? Both?

Either way more power to the plaintiffs! Give 'em hell boys and be loud and truthful.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What about being more qualified for a job regarless of race? Has anyone every heard of that?

Oh wait i didnt get a promotion it must be because im not white!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

WTH you smoking? We're last year now too. Once the LGBT community dared to start to wake up about the Muslim anti-gay hate crimes being defended and protected by the extreme left they started turning on us too. It's a jumble#. We're in transition to being ignored too. Say just enough to keep those of us still sleeping enthralled, but ultimately ignore us like the black community. So far it seems Muslim trumps all others in left wing politics.

Besides I don't want most of the extreme left wings version of support anyway. Making more enemies than friends is not my idea of progress.
edit on 12/7/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There's your concrete proof that CNN are racists and white supremacists. Way more proof than Breitbart.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

This is going to become a thing. If this is a victory (whether rightly deserved or not) you will have employees not getting jobs on their ability to complete that job but instead because employers are scared they'll get sued if they don't give it.

Edit: I mean this with no disrespect etc. just pointing out a belief.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Dwoodward85 because: clarification.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

I prefer to call it cannibalism, ie being so crazy in your beliefs that your dumb enough to eat your own?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

If they're not scripting presidential debates or disseminating poll numbers diametrically opposed to reality, they appear to be conducting themselves with questionable ethics towards their employees.

As an employer, I am perplexed that any manager would not put qualifications and experience as fundamental requirements for employment but instead account for superficial issues such as skin color, political stance / religious beliefs / other.

I deliberately watched CNN during election night and we had 4 screens feeding various outlets across the political spectrum. CNN held out acknowledging Trump surpassing 270 EC votes for as long as they could - their undeniable denial was something else to witness, truly butt-hurt to the nth degree.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Blacks are so last year.

In CNN's case, they recently promoted radical hate-monger VAN "Whitelash" JONES. He now has a CNN show entitled "The Messy Truth"..or something to that effect.

CNN's Latest Radical Flake: www.nationalreview.com...

Maybe he's a Black Gay guy? CNN scores 2-for-1.
edit on 12/7/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I watched Fox on election night just because I didn't want to hear the constant Hillary praise on CNN, but if I knew Trump was going to win that big I so would have watched CNN just to see the panic and denial. I hope they end up paying these employees big.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
dum dum dum...... dramatic reverb..

race card +20xp

You didnt read the OP or the links , did you ? If you did , it is (for now) a total of 30-40 employees. The one in the picture won a 50 million dollar lawsuit earlier this year for the exact same charges. For an employee to win a lawsuit such as this , is almost unprecedented in Georgia . They have really strict proof of charges levels . A case has to be virtually undeniable in this State.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join